Championship Opta Facts - November 26th
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Birmingham
- Bloomfield Road is the only Championship ground yet to see a goal in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- Loanee Jonjo Shelvey has scored five goals in his last four appearances for the Tangerines.
- Birmingham won both of the last two meetings between these sides, in the Premier League, but Blackpool won both of the last two meetings at this level.
- The Blues' 2-1 win at Bloomfield Road in January 2011 was their first win there since December 1960.
- Blackpool have only failed to score in one of their last nine league games.
- The Blues, on the other hand, have only conceded five goals in their last nine league games combined and never more than once in a game in this run.
Brighton v Coventry
- Coventry have now lost 15 points from winning positions this season, a league-high.
- Brighton are the only team in the Championship who are yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a game.
- The Sky Blues have earned fewer points from their last six games than any other Championship side (two).
- The Seagulls have been given a league-high 39 yellow cards this season.
- Coventry are unbeaten in seven meetings with Brighton, winning three and drawing four.
- The Sky Blues are also unbeaten in four trips to the home of the Seagulls, not tasting defeat there since April 1983.
Bristol City v Southampton
- Southampton are the only Championship side yet to drop a point from a winning position this season, winning all 12 games they've gone ahead in.
- The Robins have scored a higher percentage of their goals in the opening 15 minutes (25%) than any other second tier side.
- The Saints have taken more points from their last six games than any Championship side (16).
- Rickie Lambert has now scored five penalties, at least three more than any other Championship player.
- Only one of the last 15 clashes between the Robins and the Saints has ended in a draw.
- City are unbeaten in four league games, their best run of the season so far.
Cardiff v Nottingham Forest
- Cardiff have scored the opening goal in more games than any other Championship team this season (14).
- Peter Whittingham has netted exactly one goal in each of his last four Championship appearances.
- Lukas Jutkiewicz has fired in more shots than any other Championship player this campaign (52, excluding blocked).
- Forest won both meetings with Cardiff last season and are unbeaten in four against the Bluebirds.
- Cardiff are now unbeaten in six league games, winning four and drawing two.
- It has now been 13 league games since Nottingham Forest's last draw.
Crystal Palace v Millwall
- Selhurst Park has seen fewer goals than any other Championship ground this term (13).
- The Eagles have scored a higher percentage of goals in the closing 15 minutes of games than any other Championship side this term (44%).
- Palace have kept three consecutive clean sheets at Selhurst Park, but have failed to score in their last four overall.
- The Lions' last 12 league goals have been scored by just three different players - Henderson (6), Simpson (4) and Feeney (2).
- Of players to have scored at least four goals, Darius Henderson has the best shot conversion rate in the league (38.1%).
- Millwall are unbeaten in seven meetings with their London rivals Palace, winning both clashes last term.
Doncaster v Watford
- The Keepmoat Stadium is the only Championship ground yet to see a goal in the final 15 minutes this season.
- Rovers are the lowest scoring home team in the league this season, netting just five goals so far on their own patch.
- The Hornets have lost their last four away league games.
- Four of the last six meetings between Doncaster and Watford have ended in a score draw, with either side also picking up one win apiece.
- The Hornets were ahead in both meetings last season, but threw away four points to draw each game.
- Rovers are without a win in four home games, drawing two and losing two.
Hull v Burnley
- Burnley have lost their last four league games, despite scoring exactly one goal in each of them.
- The Clarets haven't lost five consecutive league games outside the top flight since March 2006.
- Burnley have won their last four league meetings with the Tigers, scoring 11 and conceding just one.
- Going back further, none of the last eight clashes between the Tigers and the Clarets have ended in draws.
- There have been six red cards shown in the last six meetings between Hull and Burnley combined.
- Hull have conceded only one first half goal in their last 12 Championship games.
Ipswich v Reading
- Reading have scored a league-high 94% of their goals in the second-half this term.
- Indeed, the Royals haven't scored a first-half goal since September 24, with all nine of their league goals since then coming in the 65th minute or later.
- Ipswich have lost their last four league games, conceding 10 goals in their last three combined.
- Only one of the last eight meetings between Ipswich and Reading has ended in a draw.
- Four of the five goals scored in clashes between the Tractor Boys and the Royals last season came in the 86th minute or later.
- Reading have only scored three goals in their last five league games combined.
Leeds v Barnsley
- Craig Davies has scored four goals in his last four league appearances for the Tykes.
- There have been 30 goals scored in the last six league meetings between Leeds and Barnsley combined.
- Leeds are unbeaten in five meetings with the Tykes at Elland Road in all competitions, winning three and drawing two.
- Overall, only one of the last nine clashes between Barnsley and Leeds has been won by the visiting side.
- The Whites are without a win in three league games at Elland Road, drawing two and losing one.
- Barnsley have lost their last three away league games, conceding nine goals in the process.
Peterborough v Middlesbrough
- London Road has seen 35 goals in the Championship this season, at least six more than any other second tier ground.
- The Posh have only scored the opening goal in four games this season, the fewest of all Championship teams, but have also won the most games after conceding the opening goal (four).
- Scott McDonald has scored three goals in his last two league games combined.
- 'Boro have been flagged offside a league-high 67 times this term.
- Middlesbrough have already won at London Road this term (2-0 in the Carling Cup).
- Barry Robson has scored the opening goal within the first 10 minutes in both of his last two appearances against the Posh.
Portsmouth v Leicester
- Pompey have conceded a higher portion of goals in the first-half (65%) than any other Championship side.
- Portsmouth won both league meetings with Leicester last season, including a 6-1 drubbing at Fratton Park in September 2010.
- Foxes striker Dave Nugent netted a goal in both meetings between Leicester and Portsmouth last season, whilst playing for Pompey.
- Leicester haven't won consecutive league games since February.
- Portsmouth have won their last three home league games, they haven't won four in a row at Fratton Park since March 2011.
West Ham v Derby
- West Ham have managed a joint-league-high eight clean sheets this campaign.
- The Rams have only won one of their last 19 trips to Upton Park in all competitions; a 2-1 league win in January 2005.
- The Hammers won both of their last two league meetings with Derby, in the Premier League in 2007/08, netting seven and conceding just one.
- West Ham have won four and drawn one of their last five league games.
- Sam Baldock has scored four goals in his last three home league appearances for West Ham.
- Derby have lost their last three league games and are without a win in four on the road.