Championship Opta Match Facts: 8-9 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts – 8-9 May
Preston North End v Sheffield United
- The away side has managed just one win in the last 25 meetings between the two teams.
- Only one goal was scored in the two encounters between United and Preston this season – Ugo Ehiogu’s in the Blades' 1-0 win at Bramall Lane earlier this season.
- Kevin Blackwell’s side’s last five league matches saw just three goals – two 1-0 wins for the Blades and a 1-0 loss.
- United conceded just one goal in their last five away games in the league.
- No side took more points than Preston in their last six Championship matches (13).
- Preston took more home points this season in the Championship than any other side – 51. However only Wolves (40) took more on the road than Sheffield United (38).
- Seven of North End’s last eight goals in the league came in the second half.
- If only matches played in 2009 had counted, United would have finished top of the Championship with 39 points – five points clear of next-placed Doncaster.
Burnley v Reading
- Reading have scored three goals in three of their last five meetings with the Clarets in all competitions.
- Shane Long, who scored in Reading’s 3-1 win at the Madejski earlier this season, scored three goals in his last three league matches.
- Burnley won their last five consecutive matches at home in the Championship, keeping a clean sheet in their last four.
- By the end of the season, Owen Coyle’s side had scored in each of their last 17 league matches – no other side had scored in more than five in a row.
- Reading were unbeaten in their last nine Championship matches on the road, keeping six clean sheets in this period.
- Only Wolves (80) scored more goals in the Championship this season than Reading and Burnley (72 each).
- However, only six teams conceded more goals in the competition this season than Burnley (60), the Royals conceded just 40.
- Burnley are unbeaten in two play-off semi-final home matches.