Championship Opta Stats - 12-13 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Coventry City v Bristol City
Bristol City have won their last five encounters with Coventry and are unbeaten in seven against them.
- Nine of the last 12 goals in this fixture have come in the second half of the game.
- Coventry City have failed to score in their last three home games against Gary Johnson's side, losing each time.
- Nicky Maynard has scored four goals in his last four league appearances.
- Coventry have failed to score in three league matches.
Crystal Palace v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe have failed to find the net in their last three meetings with Palace.
- In their four previous meetings with one another, the away side has never picked up all three points.
- Palace have won their two previous home games against Scunthorpe by a 2-0 scoreline.
- Scunthorpe have conceded a league-high 13 goals this season.
- Palace have alternated between scoring and failing to find the net in the league so far this season. If this sequence is to continue, they will fail to score in this game.
- The Iron have failed to score in four of their five league matches this season.
Derby County v Sheffield United
- Five of the last six meetings between these two sides have been won by a one goal margin.
- Darius Henderson scored three goals in his two meetings against Derby last season.
- United have won two of their last three trips to Derby County.
- Despite scoring eight goals this season in the Championship, Derby are only one of three sides yet to see a striker score for them.
- Derby have won only once in their last four league games.
- There have been eight goals scored in the last two league games involving United.
Leicester City v Blackpool
- Leicester have won only once in their last nine league meetings with Blackpool.
- The away side has scored exactly one goal in the last four meetings between the two teams.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in the league this season, but have drawn four of their five games.
- All four of the Foxes' goals so far this season in the Championship have come in the second half.
- Leicester have scored only two goals in their last four league games - both coming through Matty Fryatt.
Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last seven games against 'Boro and have won four of their last five encounters.
- Three of the last four games between these two at Middlesbrough have ended in a draw.
- In their last two meetings at Championship level (1997/98), three red cards were given.
- Gareth Southgate's side are the only team yet to concede a first half goal in the league this term.
- Ipswich are yet to score more than one goal in a league game so far this season.
- Adam Johnson has scored five goals in his last five appearances for Middlesbrough.
Preston North End v Swansea City
- Swansea have won their last five matches against Preston North End.
- Preston last won at Swansea in August 1961 - a run of 15 games without victory.
- Swansea City have conceded a league-high three goals to a substitute so far in the Championship this term.
- Preston are unbeaten in the league this season.
- North End have scored six of their last seven league goals in the first half.
Swansea City have only managed three goals in their opening five league games of the season.
QPR v Peterborough
- QPR are unbeaten in five meetings against Peterborough.
- Peterborough have scored only one goal in their last five meetings with Rangers.
- The Posh are yet to win in the Championship this season.
- QPR have managed to score only four goals in their opening five league matches so far this season - three of these have come in the first half.
- Rangers have conceded exactly one goal in four of their five Championship matches so far this term.
Reading v Doncaster Rovers
- Reading have won their last five matches against Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster last won at Reading in September 1984 (4-1).
- Only two players have scored in the league for Rovers so far this season - both James
- Hayter and Adam Lockwood have two goals apiece.
- After failing to score in their opening three league games, Reading have scored four in total in their last two matches.
Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest
The home team in this fixture has won the last four meetings between the sides.
- In their last four meetings at Hillsborough, the winning side have kept a clean sheet.
- 13 goals have been scored in the last three league games involving Forest.
Watford v Barnsley
- Barnsley are unbeaten in their last five games against Watford, winning four times.
- Stephen Foster has scored two goals in his last three appearances against Watford.
- Watford have lost once in their last five home games against the Tykes.
- Barnsley have failed to score in three of their five league games so far this season.
West Bromwich Albion v Plymouth
- West Brom have won their last three games against Plymouth.
- Roman Bednar has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Argyle.
- Plymouth's last victory against West Brom came at the Hawthorns, back in April 1993 (5-2).
- Plymouth have scored exactly one goal in each of their league games this season.
- West Brom are yet to score a league goal past the hour mark this season; all nine of their goals have come in the 60th minute or earlier.
Cardiff City v Newcastle United
- Newcastle have won their last four matches against Cardiff City.
- Cardiff have scored only one goal in their last three home games against the Magpies.
- The Bluebirds have scored a league-high 11 goals so far this season.
- Newcastle United are yet to concede a goal in the second half of a league match this season - the only side yet to do so.
- Former Newcastle striker Michael Chopra has scored seven goals in his first five league appearances this season and is the Championship's leading goalscorer. Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.