Championship play-off final Opta facts
We have teamed up with Opta Sportsdata to provide football facts to aid your betting ahead of this Bank Holiday Monday's massive Championship play-off final between Burnley and Sheffield United.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
The Championship play-off final - Monday 25 May - 15:00 Sky Sports 1 - Wembley
Burnley v Sheffield United
- The side finishing in third has made it to the English second tier play-off final on 10 occasions, winning on seven.
- Sheffield United have been in two previous second tier play-off finals losing twice – the last time was in 2003 when, after finishing third, they were beaten by Wolves who, like Burnley, had finished fifth.
- After going without a win in six meetings with the Blades, Burnley won both meetings with their rivals this season in the Championship by a single-goal margin.
- Martin Paterson, who scored the opener in the Clarets’ second-leg win over Reading, scored in both of his meetings with United this season.
- Graham Alexander has so far played more minutes of competitive football than any footballer in England this season – 5372 in 59 games. He has also scored four goals in his last four games and scored earlier in the campaign at Bramall Lane.
- Burnley are the first side to finish in the top six of the second tier despite suffering a five-match league losing streak since their rivals Blackburn in 1991/92 – a team that were promoted to the Premier League through the play-offs.
Here at William Hill, we'll not only be covering this Championship play-off final with a number of pre-match betting markets, but also as the game kicks off our betlive service takes over with the latest in-running prices as the action happens.