English Premier League Opta Stats - 22-24 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Arsenal v Portsmouth
- Pompey have never beaten Arsenal in the Premier League, losing six and drawing six of the 12 meetings.
- Pompey have taken just two points from six games away at the Gunners.
- Arsenal have kept eight clean sheets in their last 10 Premier League home games.
- The south coast outfit have failed to score in each of their last six Premier League away games.
- Arsenal have never lost a game in which Andrei Arshavin has started.
- Arsenal have lost only one league game in 2009, fewer than any other side in the top-flight.
Birmingham v Stoke
- Stoke have failed to score in their last five meetings in all competitions against Birmingham.
- Birmingham have won five and drawn two of the last seven home games against Stoke since losing to the Potters in October 1988.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League home games.
- Stoke are unbeaten in their trips to the second city in the Premier League, drawing at Villa and winning at West Brom last season. They also recorded wins over both Villa and the Baggies in last season’s games at The Britannia.
- James Beattie has scored only one goal in his last eight Premier League appearances.
- James McFadden's last four Premier League goals have come at St Andrews.
Hull v Bolton
- Bolton have won five and drawn one of their last six league meetings with Hull City.
- Wanderers have gone eight Premier League games without a win.
- Bolton's last seven top-flight games have produced a paltry total of just seven goals.
- The Tigers have won just two of their last 31 Premier League games, stretching back to October 2008.
- In three Premier League home games in August, Hull have conceded a total of 11 goals.
- Stephen Hunt will attempt to score in three successive Premier League games for the first time since December 2007.
Sunderland v Blackburn
- The last six victories in all competitions in this fixture have all been by a one-goal margin.
- Rovers have only lost one of the last eight Premier League meetings with Sunderland.
- Rovers have lost their last five Premier League away games in succession, scoring just once in the process.
- Darren Bent has scored four goals in his last five Premier League appearances, but has finished on the losing side on five of the eight occasions he has faced Blackburn.
- The Black Cats have lost five of their last six Premier League games at the Stadium of Light.
- There have only been a total of two first half goals in Sunderland's last six Premier League games.
Manchester City v Wolves
- Wolves have won four and lost only one of the last six visits to play City in Manchester.
- City have taken 27 points from their last 10 Premier League home games at Eastlands.
- City did not draw a home game in the 2008-09 season.
- Manchester City are the only team not to have had a headed shot yet this season.
- Wolves are unbeaten in their last four Premier League away games.
- Wolves were the only team to win more than 10 away games in the Championship last season.
Wigan v Manchester United
- Manchester United have won all nine meetings with Wigan in all competitions.
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in nine appearances in all competition against Wigan.
- Rooney has scored eight goals in his last ten Premier League games at Old Trafford, but has managed only two in his last 11 away from home.
- Wigan have taken the lead in three of their four Premier League home games against Man Utd, but gone on to lose the match – they failed to score in the other game.
- Wigan have scored just 12 goals in 21 league games in 2009, fewer than any other side.
West Ham v Tottenham
- Spurs have won five and lost none of the last six Premier League meetings with West Ham.
- The Hammers have scored a total of just four goals in their last five Premier league home games.
- Tottenham's last nine Premier League away games have produced a total of 33 goals, an average of 3.67 per match.
- West Ham have conceded just 17 goals in 2009, the same number as Chelsea.
- Tottenham have never won their opening three games in a Premier League season before.
- Jermain Defoe's midweek hat-trick was the first time he had scored more than one goal away from home in a single game in the Premier League.
Burnley v Everton
- Three of the last four league meetings between the Toffees and the Clarets have finished 1-1.
- Everton have lost just two of their last 12 Premier League away games and have kept clean sheets in the last three.
- The Toffees have won 50 north west derbies since the Premier League began in 1992.
- Burnley have not conceded a goal in their last six games at Turf Moor (including playoff semi-final)
- All nine of Robbie Blake's top-flight goals (for Bradford, Birmingham and Burnley) have come in home games.
- Louis Saha has scored three goals in his last three Premier League appearances for Everton.
Fulham v Chelsea
- In each of the last three seasons, Chelsea have won one of the games against Fulham and drawn the other.
- Fulham have won just one of the 16 Premier League meetings with Chelsea.
- Fulham have gone nine games without a draw at Craven Cottage in the Premier League.
- Chelsea are looking for their 80th Premier League London derby win in their 161st game.
- Frank Lampard has seven goals in his last eight Premier League games against Fulham.
Liverpool v Aston Villa
- Steven Gerrard has scored nine Premier League goals against Aston Villa – more than against any other opponent.
- Villa have won none of the last 15 league meetings with Liverpool.
- Villa have not won any of their last six Premier League away games after winning the previous seven.
- Liverpool have scored at least three goals in each of their last six Premier League games at Anfield, scoring 23 goals in total in that run.
- Liverpool's last home league defeat to a team other than Chelsea or Manchester United was back in November 2004 against Birmingham.
- Liverpool have scored 47 Premier League goals in 2009, more than any other side.