Euro 2012 Opta Facts - Group D Round Three
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
England v Ukraine
- England have won three and lost one of their four previous meetings with Ukraine, though Ukraine did win the last game 1-0 in World Cup 2010 qualifying.
- The Three Lions have only conceded two goals in four previous games against Ukraine.
- England are winless against EURO hosts in the history of the finals with two defeats (against Italy in 1980 and Sweden in 1992) and a draw (against Portugal in 2004).
- England only need a draw to ensure progress to the quarter finals whilst Ukraine need to win to make it past the group stages.
- Roy Hodgson and Oleh Blokhin are the two most recently appointed managers at EURO 2012: Hodgson took charge of England in May 2012 whilst Blokhin was named as Ukraine boss in April 2011.
- England are unbeaten under Roy Hodgson, winning three games and drawing one.
- After England (23 out of 23), Ukraine have the most players currently plying their trade in their domestic league (21 out 23) among teams taking part in EURO 2012.
- England have converted 4 of their 21 shots (including blocked shots) at EURO 2012 (19%), the best ratio of the tournament after two rounds.
- Ukraine's shooting accuracy is the lowest at EURO 2012: they've tested the opposition goalkeeper with 21% of shots.
- Three of England's four goals at EURO 2012 have come from a cross.
- Ukraine have made the most tackles at EURO 2012 after the first two rounds of matches (50).
- England's outfield players have blocked the most shots at EURO 2012 after two rounds of games (14).
- England have conceded the fewest fouls after two rounds of matches at EURO 2012: 17.
- Only Greece had fewer shots on target (3) than Ukraine (4) after two rounds of games at EURO 2012. Three of the four shots were by Andriy Shevchenko.
- Wayne Rooney will take part in his first EURO 2012 game. He scored four goals in four games in his only previous participation at the European Championships, back in 2004.
- Theo Walcott has scored a goal, delivered an assist and completed all his passes (eight out of eight) in only 30 minutes of action at EURO 2012.
- Andriy Shevchenko has scored four of Ukraine's seven goals at major international tournaments.
Sweden v France
- Sweden and France have met once before in European Championships, drawing 1-1 in Euro 1992 in Solna.
- Overall, France are unbeaten in their last 11 games against Sweden (six wins, five draws), last losing to them in October 1969.
- Their last encounter came in a friendly in August 2008, with France winning 3-2 in Göteborg.
- France only need a draw to ensure progress to the quarter finals whilst Sweden are already out.
- France are unbeaten in their last 23 games (16 wins, seven draws), the longest current run among all 16 teams taking part in EURO 2012.
- France's win against Ukraine in the last round of matches was their first at a major tournament since their semi-final victory against Portugal at the 2006 World Cup.
- France's shooting accuracy is the highest at EURO 2012: they've tested the opposition goalkeeper with 68% of shots.
- France have conceded only two shots on target in their first two games, the best tally at EURO 2012 so far.
- 19 of Sweden's 22 goals at EURO finals have been scored in the second-half.
- Sweden have won only two of their last 13 matches at EURO finals, losing the last four. The record for consecutive defeats is held by Yugoslavia who lost six on the bounce.
- Sweden became the second team to be knocked out of EURO 2012 after the Republic of Ireland.
- Karim Benzema is the top scorer (7 goals) and top assist provider (7 assists) for France under Laurent Blanc.
- However, he's failed to find the net with any of his 17 shots in the European Championships (2008 + 2012).
- Benzema delivered two assists against Ukraine, the first French player to achieve that feat at the European Championships since Alain Giresse against Belgium in 1984.
- Franck Ribéry has completed the most dribbles at EURO 2012 after two rounds of matches: 10 (from 26 attempts).