Europa League Opta Facts - 10 March
Borussia Dortmund v Tottenham Hotspur
- This will be the first meeting between the two sides in European competition.
- Borussia Dortmund have lost just one of their last eight matches at home to English sides in European competition, but this defeat was against Spurs' North London rival Arsenal (W5 D2).
- The Lilywhites have won twice away in Germany in their European history - beating Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 in 2006 and FC Koln in 1974, both coming in the UEFA Cup.
- Dortmund have made the last 16 of each of their last four European campaigns, the other three being in the Champions League. They were however eliminated at the last 16 stage last season to Juventus in that competition.
- Spurs have reached the last 16 of the Europa League for the first time since 2013/14, having been eliminated at the last 32 stage by Fiorentina last season.
- The last time Borussia Dortmund faced an English side in the knockout phases of a European competition, they went onto to win the tournament (v Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final in 1996/97).
- Only Aritz Aduriz (7) has scored more Europa League goals this season than Erik Lamela (6).
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan has created more chances in the Europa League than any other Dortmund player this season (20).
Liverpool v Manchester United
- Liverpool and Manchester United will face each other in European competition for the first time.
- Liverpool v Man Utd is the first England v England clash in the UEFA Cup/Europa League since Liverpool v Spurs in April 1973.
- Man Utd have lost just one of their nine meetings with English sides in European competition (W6 D2).
- Liverpool have lost their last four matches against Manchester United - they've never lost five in a row in all competitions to their North West rivals.
- Manchester United haven't won any of their last five away knockout games in European competition, losing four times (D1).
- Liverpool have reached the last 16 of a European competition for the first time since the 2010/11 season when they did so in the Europa League.
- Juan Mata has been involved in eight goals in his last eight games against Liverpool in all competitions (three goals and five assists).
- James Milner has scored a penalty in each of his last two Europa League appearances at Anfield for Liverpool.