Europa League Opta Facts - 15 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
- Manchester City have never faced Greek opposition before (excl qualifiers).
- Aris, however, have played five matches against English sides in Europe (excl. qualifiers), against three teams in total - Chelsea (Cup Winners Cup), Ipswich and Bolton (Both UEFA Cup), winning one drawing two and losing two.
- At home, the Greek side are unbeaten in meetings with English opposition, winning one, (3- against Ipswich in 80/81) and drawing one, courtesy of a 1-1 scoreline versus Chelsea in 1970/71.
- This clash sees the team who have played more of their passes short than any other side in the competition (City - 91%) face the teams who have played more of their passes long than any other side (Aris - 23%).
- The Greeks have been the most effective tackles in the competition so far, winning 92% of their challenges.
- The Citizens have scored in each of their eight UEFA games so far (incl. Qualifiers).
- In the Europa League this season, City have lost just one of their four games on the road, winning two and drawing one.
- Aris have kept four clean sheets in their five home games in the competition (incl qualifiers)this season, conceding only against Jagiellonia Bialystok (2-2) in the Third Qualifying Round.