Europa League - quarter-final 2 Opta Facts
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Europa League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg Opta Facts
Liverpool v Benfica
- Liverpool and Benfica have met in four previous two-legged European ties, with the Reds winning all but the most recent one.
- In their 2005/06 UEFA Champions League first knockout round matches, Liverpool were defeated 1-0 away and 2-0 at Anfield.
- Liverpool have lost each of their last four meetings with Benfica, scoring just one goal in the process.
- Benfica have defeated Liverpool's rivals Everton 5-0 (home) and 2-0 (away) already in the Europa league this term, as well as beating the Reds in the first leg (2-1).
- Since the start of the Europa League group stage, Benfica have scored 23 goals, meaning they are the highest scoring side still left in the competition.
- Benfica manager Jorge Jesus (previously SC Braga) has an impressive record against English sides, winning all four of his meetings in Europe against them, scoring 12 goals and conceding only one goal overall.
- Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo has scored more goals than any player left in the competition (8) and has scored eight goals in his last 10 appearances for the Eagles.
- The Eagles are currently on a 27 game unbeaten run in all competitions.
Wolfsburg v Fulham
- The Cottagers have faced German opposition just once away from home in Europe. In the 2002/03 UEFA Cup, Fulham lost 2-1 away at Hertha Berlin at the third round stage.
- Wolfsburg have won just one of their previous four meetings with an English side in Europe, losing their two matches against Manchester United in the Champions League as well as their first leg defeat to the Cottagers.
- Edin Dzeko has scored in three of Wolfsburg's previous four matches against English sides.
- Wolfsburg have won five of their last six matches at home in all competitions.
- Fulham have won just twice in 24 away games in all competitions.
- Bobby Zamora has scored five goals in his last six Europa League appearances.
Standard Liege v Hamburg
- Hamburg have won just three of eight previous meetings with Belgian clubs in Europe, but two have come in the Europa League this term, including the first leg win over Liege.
- Liege have won just six of their previous 24 games against German opposition in Europe.
- On the last occasion that Standard reached the quarter final stage of a European competition, they finished as losing finalists - in the 1981/82 Cup Winners Cup.
- Standard Liege's first leg defeat was their first in five Europa League games this term.
- Standard Liege have won five of their last six home games in all competitions.
- Hamburg have lost five successive away games in all competitions.
Atletico Madrid v Valencia
- In the clubs' most recent two-legged knockout tie, Valencia defeated Atletico in the 2007/08 Spanish Cup quarter-finals on away goals. They eventually won the competition that season.
- Valencia have won all four of their previous two-legged European ties against Spanish opposition in Europe.
- Valencia have picked up 33 yellow cards and four red cards in the Europa League this season, the worst disciplinary record of any side in the competition since the group stages.
- Valencia have not won in nine successive away matches in all competitions.
- Atletico have won six of their last eight games at home in all competitions, drawing the other two.
- Diego Forlan has scored in each of his last five appearances for Atletico.
- David Villa has scored seven goals in his last five appearances for Valencia.