FA Cup 4th Round Opta Facts - 23rd - 24th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Preston North End v Chelsea
- The last meeting between Preston and Chelsea came in the FA Cup in February 2002 with the Londoners winning 3-1.
- The only other occasion the two sides met in the FA Cup saw a goalless draw at Deepdale followed by a win for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the replay in 1969.
- Preston have managed only two wins in their last 12 matches in all competitions.
- The Blues have scored 12 goals in their last two fixtures and have lost just once in their last 19 matches in all competitions.
Southampton v Ipswich Town
- Saints and Town have met three times previously in the FA Cup with Southampton progressing on each occasion.
- The last time these two sides met was in last season's Championship when they drew 2-2 at St Mary's and then Saints beat Ipswich 3-0 at Portman Road.
- Ipswich suffered their record FA Cup defeat to Southampton when they lost 7-1 away in the 3rd Round in 1961.
- Southampton have won four of their last five home matches in all competitions.
- Roy Keane's side have lost only one of their last 15 competitive fixtures.
Reading v Burnley
- Burnley have won their last three meetings with Reading without conceding a goal.
- The Royals and the Clarets have met twice in the FA Cup previously, with Reading winning the last meeting 3-2 in the 3rd Round in 2006-07.
- The other meeting came in 1964-65 when Burnley progressed after a replay.
- Burnley have lost five of their last six away games, but their solitary win in this period came in the FA Cup at MK Dons.
- Reading's last three home games have all finished 1-1.
Derby County v Doncaster Rovers
- Doncaster are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Derby County, winning the last three.
- Derby have scored only one goal in their last three games against Sean O'Driscoll's side.
- The Rams have scored only two goals in their last four competitive home matches.
- Doncaster have won six of their last seven matches in all competitions.
Cardiff City v Leicester City
- Only three of the last nine meetings between these two sides have seen more than one goal scored.
- Leicester City have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four meetings with the Bluebirds.
- The Bluebirds have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four competitive matches, with three of those ending 1-1.
- The Foxes have shipped just four goals in their last five competitive games.
Notts County v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have won their last five meetings with Notts County.
- These two sides have met on five occasions in the FA Cup, but Wigan have never managed to defeat Notts County in the competition.
- Notts County have won four of their last five competitive games.
- Lee Hughes has scored 10 goals in his last eight appearances for Notts County.
- The last seven matches that Wigan have played in away from home have averaged 4.6 goals a game.
West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United
- The Baggies and Magpies have met three times in the FA Cup, with West Brom winning twice and Newcastle once.
- Newcastle won the last meeting between the two sides in round five of the 1974 FA Cup 3-0 at the Hawthorns en route to the final.
- These two sides met last Monday night, with the score ending 2-2 at St James Park.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 14 consecutive matches in all competitions, but have won just once in their last five.
- West Brom have won just one of their last four home matches, losing two of these.
Everton v Birmingham City
- The last two meetings between Everton and Birmingham have ended as 1-1 draws.
- The Toffees are unbeaten in their last seven games against the West Midlands side, but four of those have been draws.
- Everton and Birmingham have been drawn together three times in the FA Cup, with the Merseysiders progressing on two occasions, including the last meeting a 2-0 win in the 1999-2000 season.
- Steven Pienaar has scored in three of his last four appearances for the Toffees.
- Birmingham City are unbeaten in 14 consecutive matches in all competitions.
Accrington Stanley v Fulham
- This will be the first time that these two sides have met in a competitive fixture.
- Fulham have only managed to win one of their last five matches.
- The Cottagers have not won in 11 consecutive away games in domestic competition.
- Only one of Accrington's home matches this season has ended in a draw.
- This is the first time since their reformation that Accrington Stanley have reached the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Bolton Wanderers v Sheffield United
- Bolton and Sheffield United last met in an FA cup tie in 2007-08 when the Blades cut the Trotters down with a 1-0 win at the Reebok.
- Bolton and United have met eight times in the FA Cup with the Yorkshire side winning through five times.
- The first ever meeting between Bolton and Sheffield United in the FA Cup came in 1889/90 season and the Trotters won 13-0. This was a record cup win for Bolton and a record cup defeat for United.
- The Blades have suffered only one defeat in their last 12 competitive matches.
Portsmouth v Sunderland
- Portsmouth have won five and lost just one of their last seven meetings with Sunderland.
- The Black Cats did win their only FA Cup meeting with Pompey though back in 1999-2000, when the 3rd Round was played before Christmas, 1-0 at the Stadium of Light.
- The last eight games played at Fratton Park have averaged 3.8 goals a game.
- 10 of Darren Bent's 14 goals this season for Sunderland have been the first goal of the game.
Aston Villa v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Aston Villa and Brighton have only ever met once in the FA Cup (in 1955) with the Villans triumphing after a replay.
- Brighton boss Gus Poyet won the FA Cup in 2000 at the last ever final at the old Wembley playing for Chelsea against Aston Villa.
- Brighton have failed to score in their last four meetings with Aston Villa, although the last of these games was in 1983.
- This is only the third time in nine seasons that Villa have progressed past the third round of the FA Cup.
- Brighton have won their last three matches, all of which have been away from the Withdean Stadium.
- Brighton's Glenn Murray has scored 10 goals this season, all of them coming away from home.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace
- Palace and Wolves have met four times in the FA Cup with two wins apiece. Palace have progressed twice after replays, while Wolves' victories came at the first attempt.
- Their most recent meetings came in last season's Championship when Wolves won both home and away.
- Wolves have only lost one of their last nine meetings with Palace.
- Victor Moses has scored six goals in his last eight appearances for Crystal Palace.
Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United
- Spurs and Leeds have only been drawn together four times in the FA Cup with the London side coming out on top three times (twice after a replay).
- All three of the FA Cup matches between Spurs and Leeds at White Hart Lane have ended with victories for the Londoners.
- Spurs have not conceded a goal at White Hart Lane for 447 minutes.
- Since defeating Manchester United in the last round of the FA Cup, Leeds have lost two and drawn one of their three matches.
Stoke City v Arsenal
- Arsenal and Stoke City have met seven times in the FA Cup and the Gunners have come out on top on each occasion, on two occasions following a replay.
- The last FA cup meeting between the two sides came in 2004-05 when Stoke scored the opener but the Gunners came back to win 2-1.
- Stoke won the only meeting between the two sides at the Britannia Stadium, a Premier League encounter in November 2008.
- Ricardo Fuller has scored in his two Premier League starts for Stoke against the Gunners.
- Arsenal have now participated in every FA Cup fourth round since 1996/97.
Scunthorpe United v Manchester City
- Man City have won all five previous meetings with Scunthorpe scoring 26 goals in total and at least three in each match.
- Scunthorpe and City have only ever met once in the FA Cup before with the Sky Blues wining 3-1 in the 3rd Round in 2006, with Robbie Fowler scoring a hat trick.
- Scunthorpe and City have already played in the Carling Cup this season with the Premier League side emerging as 5-1 victors.
- Manchester City defeated Middlesbrough in the last round. In the last five seasons the side that has knocked Middlesbrough out of the FA Cup has gone on to be runners-up.