FA Cup 5th Round - Opta Facts
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
- Villa have failed to score in six of their last eight visits to London to play Crystal Palace.
- Aston Villa's last away win at Palace came in September 1980.
- The Eagles have won three of their last four matches in all competitions.
- The Villans are unbeaten in nine matches in all competitions in 2010.
- Aston Villa have conceded just one goal in their last five league matches, but nine in their last five domestic cup games.
Manchester City v Stoke City
- Man City have won five of the last six meetings with Stoke.
- The Sky Blues and the Potters have met five times in the FA Cup with the Manchester club coming out on top three times and Stoke twice.
- All five of the FA Cup meetings between Man City and Stoke have been won by a one-goal margin.
- Stoke are unbeaten in seven games in 2010, their longest unbeaten run in all competitions since joining the Premier League.
- In this period all four of Stoke's wins have come when they have scored three goals.
- The Citizens are unbeaten in 20 competitive matches at Eastlands since April 2009, winning 17 of these.
- Carlos Tevez has scored six goals in his last four appearances at home for City.
Derby County v Birmingham City
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Derby.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last five trips to play the Rams away from home.
- Derby have won three of the five FA Cup ties with Birmingham, including the last meeting in 1978.
- The first ever meeting between Birmingham and Derby came in 1885 in the FA Cup with the west Midlanders beating the east Midlands side 4-2 in round three.
- Birmingham have lost their last two away matches (all competitions), though these remain their only two defeats since October.
- The Rams have only suffered one reversal from their last seven games in all competitions.
- Derby have kept three consecutive clean sheets at Pride Park.
Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
- Kevin Davies has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Spurs.
- Bolton and Spurs have been drawn together five times, with Bolton winning through twice and Spurs three times.
- In the last four domestic cup meetings, the winning side has scored at least four goals and there have been a total of 24 goals scored.
- In the last cup meeting between Bolton and Spurs, the Londoners won 4-3 at the Reebok with two goals from Jermain Defoe and three of the goals came in extra time.
- Spurs have picked up only two wins from their last 10 matches away from home.
- Jermain Defoe has scored all four of Tottenham's away goals since Christmas.
- Bolton have been defeated just once in their last eight games at the Reebok Stadium.
Chelsea v Cardiff City
- Cardiff won their last meeting with Chelsea which came in the 1986-87 League Cup.
- The first ever meeting between Cardiff and Chelsea came in the FA Cup in March 1921 and the Bluebirds beat the Londoners 1-0.
- The only other time the two sides have been drawn together in the competition saw Cardiff win after a replay.
- Defeat in their last match against Everton ended a run of 13 games unbeaten for the Blues in all competitions.
- No side has won at Stamford Bridge (all competitions) since Arsenal in November 2008, a run of 36 games.
- Cardiff have won five of their last six matches in all competitions.
- The Bluebirds have found the net in all but one of their last 12 away matches in all competitions.
Fulham v Notts County
- Notts County have won none of their last seven meetings with Fulham in London.
- Fulham have won both of the two FA Cup meetings with Notts County by a 1-0 scoreline but both were away wins for the Whites.
- Roy Hodgson's men have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last eight matches at Craven Cottage in all competitions.
- In fact, the Whites have lost only one of their last 14 matches on home soil.
- The Magpies have scored in all but one of their last 14 away matches since August (all comps).
- Defeat at Bournemouth in their last match ended a run of six straight away wins for County in all competitions.
Reading v West Bromwich Albion
- Reading and West Brom have been drawn together twice before in the FA Cup, the last time in 2005-06 when the Royals went through at the Madejski after a draw at the Hawthorns.
- West Brom progressed the only other time the two sides met, in 1948.
- Reading have won four and lost none of the Baggies' last six visits to Berkshire.
- The Royals have won four of their last five matches in all competitions.
- Shane Long has opened the scoring in Reading's last three matches.
- The Baggies are on a run of four straight wins in all competitions.
Southampton v Portsmouth
- The last seven meetings between Saints and Pompey have resulted in home wins.
- The two south coast rivals have been drawn together four times in the FA Cup and Southampton have won all four matches.
- The first ever meeting between Southampton and Portsmouth came in the 1906 FA Cup and Saints' 5-1 win remains the biggest margin of victory in this fixture.
- Southampton are unbeaten in eight matches in 2010.
- Indeed, the Saints have won their last eight games at St Mary's (all comps) on the trot.
- Rickie Lambert has opened the scoring in three of the last four matches played at St Marys.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in their last three away games.
- Despite claiming only one away win in the Premier League this season, Pompey have won both their away matches in domestic cup competitions (against Carlisle in the League Cup and Coventry in the FA Cup).