FA Cup Opta Facts - 3rd Round and 3rd round replays
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Accrington Stanley v Gillingham
- These two sides met twice in League Two last season, with Gillingham winning on both occasions.
- Accrington have been defeated on three of the previous four occasions that they have met the Gills.
- Since their reformation, Accrington Stanley have reached the third round of the FA Cup only once before this season, when they lost to Colchester United following a replay in 2003/04.
- Gillingham have only conceded three goals in their last six FA cup matches.
Brentford v Doncaster
- Doncaster have won each of their last four meetings with Brentford.
- Brentford have failed to score in six successive matches against Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four FA Cup games.
- Rovers have reached the fourth round of the FA Cup only once since 1984/85.
- Brentford have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 FA Cup matches, last time out.
Bristol City v Cardiff
- Bristol City have only managed to find the net three times in their last seven meetings with Cardiff.
- Cardiff's last victory at Bristol City came back in August 1969 - a run of 17 trips without a win.
- On the last two occasions that these two sides have been drawn together in the FA Cup, Cardiff City have prevailed.
- Bristol City have won only once in their last 10 FA Cup ties at home.
- Cardiff have kept a clean sheet in five of their last seven FA Cup matches.
Notts County v Forest Green
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Notts County and Forest Green.
- Notts County have not progressed to the fourth round of the FA Cup since 1993/94.
- This is only the second time that Forest Green have participated in the FA Cup at the third round stage; they lost their only previous match last season against Derby.
- Forest Green have failed to find the net in their last three competitive away matches.
FA Cup Third Round Replay Ties - Jan 12-13
Birmingham v Nottingham Forest
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- The home side have only won once in their eight meetings in the FA Cup.
- Nottingham Forest have scored only two goals in their last five meetings with Birmingham City.
- Birmingham have won only one of their last 10 home matches against Forest, losing on seven occasions.
Coventry v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have never managed to defeat Coventry in an FA Cup match, this despite facing them on five previous occasions.
- Portsmouth have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last nine FA Cup matches.
- Coventry have won five of their last six meetings with Portsmouth at home.
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in four meetings with the Sky Blues, including a 4-0 win in their last trip to Coventry.
Derby v Millwall
- Derby prevailed in their only previous FA Cup third round tie with Millwall (2-1) back in January 1928.
- Millwall have lost only once in their last five meetings with Derby.
- Derby have scored only four goals in their last five matches against the Lions.
QPR v Sheffield United
- QPR have not won an FA Cup game in 12 attempts - the longest current run of any Football League side.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in six matches against QPR, conceding only four goals in the process.
- The last three meetings between these two sides at Loftus Road have ended level.
- Sheffield United striker Richard Cresswell has scored in both of his appearances against QPR already this season.
Liverpool v Reading
- Liverpool have won five of their seven meetings with the Royals, losing just once.
- Reading have lost all three of their previous visits to Anfield, conceding eight goals in the process.
- The Royals have not been able to win any of their last five FA Cup matches.
- Steven Gerrard has scored in two of his last three appearances against Reading.
Newcastle v Plymouth
- The away team have only won once in the last 11 encounters between these two sides.
- Plymouth have not managed a single win in their six FA Cup matches against the Magpies.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in seven home games against Plymouth, winning five times.
- Plymouth have won only once in their last seven FA Cup matches away from home.