FA Cup quarter-final Opta Facts
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Fulham v Tottenham
- Only two goals have been scored in the last three games between Fulham and Tottenham.
- The last FA Cup meeting between these London sides saw Tottenham win 4-0 at Craven Cottage in 2007, with both Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov netting braces.
- These sides have been drawn together four times in the FA Cup, with Tottenham progressing on all four occasions.
- The FA Cup defeat in 2007 is the only time Fulham have lost to Spurs at home in their last nine meetings at the Cottage.
- This is the second consecutive season that Fulham have reached the FA Cup quarter finals; losing 4-0 at home to Manchester United in their last-eight match last term.
- Spurs have lost three consecutive FA Cup quarter final ties, two of these coming against London clubs.
Portsmouth v Birmingham
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in their last seven home meetings with Birmingham City, but five of those have been draws.
- Birmingham have won four of their last five FA Cup ties with Portsmouth.
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides have been won by the team playing at home.
- On the last occasion that Portsmouth reached the FA Cup quarter final, they went on to win the competition (2007/08).
- On the last two occasions that Fratton Park has hosted an FA Cup quarter final, Portsmouth have lost 5-1 (v Arsenal in 2003/04) and 4-1 (v Chelsea 1996/97).
- This is only the third time that Birmingham City have reached an FA Cup quarter final since 1975/76.
- Birmingham have conceded 10 goals in their last two FA Cup quarter final ties, including a 7-0 home defeat to Liverpool in 2005/06.
Chelsea v Stoke
- Chelsea have won their last four successive meetings with Stoke City.
- Stoke defeated Chelsea in their last domestic cup meeting at Stamford Bridge, 1-0 in the League Cup in 1995.
- The Pensioners have won just twice in their last eight meetings with Stoke City at home.
- Five of the last eight goals that Chelsea have scored against Stoke City have come in the final 15 minutes of the match.
- This is the fifth consecutive season that Chelsea have reached the FA Cup quarter finals.
- Chelsea have won nine consecutive FA Cup matches, conceding only six goals in the process.
- In fact, Chelsea have only lost one FA Cup match in four seasons since the start of 2006/07.
- The Pensioners are unbeaten in 17 consecutive FA Cup home ties, with their last defeat at Stamford Bridge in the competition coming at the hands of Arsenal in a 2002/03 quarter-final replay.
- This will be the first FA Cup quarter final tie that Stoke have played in since 1971/72, that season they drew 1-1 at Manchester United before a 2-1 home win in a replay.
- Stoke have not won any of their last 10 FA Cup matches away from home (not including penalties).
Reading v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won seven of their last eight meetings with the Royals in all competitions.
- Reading have scored a last minute goal in each of their last three matches against Aston Villa.
- Reading have won only twice in 16 previous meetings with Aston Villa, both of these coming at home.
- Aston Villa have won two of their previous four FA Cup ties against Reading.
- This is the first time that Reading have reached an FA Cup quarter final since 1927. In that year, they won 3-1 at Swansea Town.
- Reading have only won one of their last five FA Cup ties at home.
- This is the ninth successive occasion that Aston Villa have been drawn away from home in an FA Cup quarter final tie. They have lost six of the previous eight, but have won their last two.
- Martin O'Neill has not won any of his previous 12 games in the month of March whilst in charge of Aston Villa.