French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 13-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Le Mans - Nice
- Nice are unbeaten in their last four league meetings against Le Mans, winning two and drawing two.
- Le Mans have failed to win their last four home league games (two draws and two defeats).
- Nice have conceded a league-high 13 goals in the last 15 minutes of their matches.
- Three players have been sent off in the last two league encounters between these two sides.
- Emerse Fae has scored in his last two appearances against Le Mans.
Lorient - Lens
- Lens have lost their last three away games by a 1-0 score line.
- Lorient have scored in 15 of their 16 competitive home games this season.
- Lorient have always managed to score against Lens in Ligue 1.
- 67% of the league encounters between these two sides have ended 1-1.
- Eduardo has scored in each of his two competitive appearances against Lorient.
- Lens striker Issam Jemaa scored a brace in the last match between these two sides, a 3-0 win at Lorient in a league cup tie in 2008.
- Lens have lost the most points this season to goals conceded after the 89th minute (six).
Monaco - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux scored an incredible 10 goals in their last two trips to Monaco in Ligue 1, all of these coming in the second half.
- Bordeaux have won only one of their last five league fixtures.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 11 league meetings against Monaco, winning the last five.
- No away team has scored as many goals as Bordeaux at Louis II stadium in Ligue 1 history (56).
- Monaco have lost four of their last league matches, scoring only twice in the process.
- Bordeaux have won nine of their last 10 competitive away games.
- Marouane Chamakh has netted six goals against Monaco in the top flight, only against Nice has he scored as many.
Montpellier - Auxerre
- Auxerre have failed to score in their last five trips to Montpellier in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have won only once in their 17 league trips to Montpellier.
- Montpellier have won their last four home games in the league, currently the longest run.
- Montpellier have opened the scoring in a league-high 18 matches this season.
- Auxerre have won their last four league games, currently the longest run.
- Auxerre have won six of their seven games against current top 6 sides.
- Ireneusz Jelen has scored four goals in his last four Ligue 1 appearances.
Nancy - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Boulogne have failed to win their last 12 league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Boulogne have never managed to beat Nancy in competitive encounters: eight defeats and one draw.
- Nancy are 18th in the league considering home matches only.
- Boulogne have scored the opening goal in only five matches this season, a league-low.
- Boulogne have scored just two goals in 2010 in the top fight.
Paris SG - Sochaux
- Paris SG are unbeaten in their last six league encounters against Sochaux in Ligue 1 (three wins and three draws).
- Sochaux have failed to win at the Parc des Princes in the league since the 1990/91 season.
- Paris SG have won 35 league games against Sochaux, against no other team have they managed as many victories.
- Sochaux have never managed to score more than two goals in a league game this season.
- Sochaux have scored a league-low five away goals this term
- Peguy Luyindula scored in the least two league encounters between PSG and Sochaux.
Lyon - St Etienne
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 19 league meetings against St Etienne.
- The last time St Etienne managed to win at Gerland was in 1993.
- Lyon have won all of their competitive home games in 2010 (five out of five).
- Lyon have scored exactly one goal in each of the last five Rhone derbies.
- Lyon are the only side who have yet to lose a league game in 2010.
- St Etienne have only managed to keep one clean sheet in their last 33 away fixtures in Ligue 1, losing the last three.
- Mathieu Bodmer has not lost any of his nine Ligue 1 appearance this season, a record.
Lille - Grenoble
- Lille have scored in their last 14 league matches, a record since the 2007/08 season (Lyon).
- Grenoble have failed to score in 10 of their last 12 away games in the top flight.
- Lille are unbeaten in their three Ligue 1 meetings against Grenoble (two wins and one draw).
- Grenoble had never lost as many matches as they have so far (20) over the course of a Ligue 1 season.
- Only one away side has managed to keep a clean sheet at Lille this season in Ligue 1 (Rennes).
- With Mickael Landreau in goal, Lille have conceded on average only 0.8 goals per match, compared to 1.4 with Ludovic Butelle.
Valenciennes - Rennes
- Rennes have failed to win their six away games against top 10 teams this season in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes have lost only one of their last 11 home fixtures in Ligue 1, winning the last two.
- Rennes have won just one of their 19 trips to Valenciennes in Ligue 1.
- No away team has suffered more defeats than Rennes at Valenciennes in Ligue 1(12 alongside Nice).
- Gregory Pujol has scored more goals against Rennes than against any other side in Ligue 1 (five).
- Johan Audel has scored in his last three appearances at the Nungesser stadium.
Toulouse - Marseille
- Marseille have racked the most points away from home this season (25).
- Toulouse have failed to win their six league games against current top 5 sides this season (three draws and three defeats).
- The last four league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Every defeat suffered by Toulouse this season in Ligue 1 has been by a one-goal difference.
- Mamadou Niang has scored 10 goals in the first half of games this season, five more than any other player.
- Marseille are unbeaten in the last five match days, only Lyon are on a longer unbeaten streak (eight).