French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 23-24 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Bordeaux - Brest
- Brest have won their last three matches against Bordeaux in the top flight, scoring 10 goals in the process and conceding just one. However their previous encounter was in 1991.
- Bordeaux have scored in each of their last 12 home matches in Ligue 1.
- Brest have kept a clean sheet in their last six league matches, the longest run without conceding a goal by any Ligue 1 team since 2006/07.
- Bordeaux have kept a clean sheet in the last four match days, their longest run in the league since December 2009.
- Brest have won their last three away games in the league, currently the longest run of wins on the road.
- Bordeaux, the tallest Ligue 1 side on average (6.0 feet), have scored a league-high five headed goals this term.
- Anthony Modeste has scored in four of his five competitive starts for Bordeaux.
Lens - Nice
- Lens have failed to score in the last three match days, currently the longest run without finding the net.
- Lens have failed to win their last seven league fixtures, their only victory this term was against bottom-ranked Arles-Avignon.
- Lens are the only team who have yet to score a first-half goal this term.
- Nice have failed to win any of their last 11 trips to Lens in the top flight, losing on five occasions and drawing six times.
- Nice are the only Ligue 1 side to have won two games after coming back from losing situations this season.
- Nice have failed to score in their last three league encounters against Lens.
- Anthony Mounier has been involved in 56% of Nice goals this term in the league: four assists and one goal.
Monaco - Valenciennes
- Monaco have failed to score in three of their four home games this term.
- Valenciennes have failed to win at the Louis II stadium since 1979, recording two draws and four defeats since then (Ligue 1).
- Monaco have registered the most draws this season in the league: six; including four 0-0.
- Valenciennes have failed to win their last 11 Ligue 1 away games, their last victory on the road occurred on 20th February 2010 at Grenoble (1-0).
- Matches at the Louis II stadium this season have registered the lowest attendance on average (6,774) and seen the joint-fewest goals (three alongside the Francis-le-Blé stadium).
- Valenciennes have not kept a clean sheet in the league since match day one.
Nancy - Lorient
- Lorient have won just one of their last eight competitive matches at the Marcel-Picot stadium (three draws and four defeats).
- Nancy have lost all five of their competitive home games this season.
- Nancy are the only Ligue 1 side who have yet to keep a clean sheet this term.
- Lorient have failed to win their last seven away games in the top flight, their longest run without a win on the road since 2007/08.
- Lorient have also failed to score in their last three away matches in Ligue 1, currently the longest goal drought on the road.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored four goals in his last four league appearances against Nancy.
Rennes - Montpellier
- Rennes have yet to lose this season in Ligue 1, they have also never trailed during their games so far.
- Montpellier have lost their last two away games in Ligue 1, conceding six goals in the process.
- Montpellier have lost in their last five trips to Rennes in the league, conceding 17 goals in the process.
- Rennes are the only Ligue 1 side who have yet to concede more than one goal in a game this season.
- Defender Kader Mangane has scored in his last two home appearances this season.
- Frederic Antonetti has never lost a home game against Montpellier in the top flight: four wins and one draw.
- Both Marveaux brothers scored in the meetings between these two sides last season: Sylvain scored in the first leg for Rennes and Joris netted a brace for Montpellier in the return match.
St Etienne - Caen
- St Etienne are unbeaten at home this season: four wins and one draw in all competitions.
- St Etienne have already scored 52% of their total goal tally last season in the league.
- Caen have never recorded a win at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in the top flight, drawing five and losing five.
- Caen have conceded 18 goals in their last five visits to the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in Ligue 1.
- Caen forward Youssef El Arabi has netted a league-high four away goals this season.
- Dimitri Payet has scored eight goals this season in Ligue 1; no St Etienne player managed more during the whole of last season.
Sochaux - Toulouse
- Sochaux have racked up a league-high 13 points at home this season.
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their last five Ligue 1 games, drawing two and losing three.
- Sochaux have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 league encounters against Toulouse.
- Toulouse have won more games at Sochaux (12) than at any other away ground in the top flight.
- Sochaux have scored the most goals in the league this term: 16, 12 of these goals have been netted at the Bonal stadium.
- Modibo Maiga has scored in his last three home starts in the league, his team mate Ideye Brown has found the net in his last four starts at the Bonal stadium.
Arles-Avignon - Lyon
- Arles-Avignon are the only Ligue 1 side who have yet to score at home this season.
- Lyon have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 away games in all competitions.
- Lyon have managed two consecutive wins in the league for the first time this season, they have scored six goals in the process.
- Arles-Avignon have held a lead for just six minutes so far this season in the top flight.
- Lisandro has netted three goals in his last two Ligue 1 appearances.
- Greek striker and Euro 2004 winner Angelos Charisteas has yet to find the net in nearly 300 minutes of football in the French league.
Paris SG - Auxerre
- Auxerre have recorded their lowest-ever point tally after nine match days since the introduction of the three-point rule in 1994.
- PSG have won four of their last six league meetings against Auxerre.
- Auxerre have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six league matches against Paris SG.
- The last two league matches played at the Parc des Princes stadium have produced goalless draws.
- PSG have kept a clean sheet in their last five league matches, their longest run eithout conceding since 2002/03.
- All four wins managed by PSG this season in Ligue 1 have been at least by a two-goal differential.
- Stephane Sessegnon has scored three Ligue 1 goals against Auxerre, more than versus any other team.
Lille - Marseille
- Lille are unbeaten in their last nine home matches in the top flight, currently the longest run.
- Lille have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven league encounters against Marseille.
- Marseille have lost five of their last six trips to the Nord region in all competitions.
- Marseille are the only Ligue 1 side who have scored in every match day this season.
- Marseille have won only one of their last six away games in the league, it was against bottom-ranked Arles-Avignon.
- Three red cards were show in as many competitive encounters between these two clubs last season.
- Moussa Sow has netted eight goals in his last 12 Ligue 1 starts.
- All six goals netted by Andre Ayew in his Ligue 1 career have been on the road.