French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 30-31 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Nice
- Auxerre have won none of their last seven home league games, drawing six and losing one, their longest-ever winless run at the Abbe-Deschamps stadium.
- Auxerre won both of their matches against Nice last season, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Nice have scored just one goal in their last five trips to Auxerre in the league.
- Nice have failed to score in their last three away games in the league.
- Auxerre have scored more first-half goals than any other team this season in Ligue 1 (nine).
- Nice are one of two teams who have managed to win a game despite being on the losing time at half-time this season in Ligue 1.
- No Nice player has scored more than two goals this season in Ligue 1.
Brest - St Etienne
- Brest are one of two unbeaten teams at home this season in the league.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last four Ligue 1 meetings against Brest, three wins and one draw.
- St Etienne are the last team to defeat Brest at the Francis-le-Ble stadium in the top flight, on 10th May 1991.
- St Etienne have failed to win their last three matches in the league, their longest winless run this season.
- Brest have conceded the fewest goals this season in Ligue 1 (four), they have kept a clean sheet in the least seven match days, the longest run by any Ligue 1 team since 2002/03 (Guingamp).
- The four Ligue 1 games played at the Francis-le-Ble stadium have produced a league-low three goals.
- St Etienne have scored in nine league matches this term, only title-holders Marseille have scored in more games.
Caen - Nancy
- Caen have failed to score in their last three home games in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven away games in the top flight.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last five league encounters against Caen, winning two and drawing three.
- Eight of the 11 points picked up by Nancy have been collected on the road, which amounts to 72%, the highest ratio in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have not won a penalty in any of their last 32 Ligue 1 games, currently the longest run.
- Youssef El Arabi has scored Caen's last four goals in the league.
- Julien Feret has either scored or assisted 60% of Nancy's goals this season (three goals and three assists).
Lorient - Arles-Avignon
- Lorient have won 2-1 their last two home games in Ligue 1.
- Lorient have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last five Ligue 1 fixtures.
- Arles-Avignon have drawn their last two league games (against Brest and Lyon).
- Franck Dja Djedje has scored a record 75% of his team's goals this season in the league.
- Arles-Avignon have yet to score more than one goal in a Ligue 1 game.
- Arles-Avignon have scored the fewest goals his season in Ligue 1 (four) and conceded the most (21).
- Faruk Hadzibegic has never won an away match as a Ligue 1 manager: four draws and 13 defeats.
Lyon - Sochaux
- Sochaux have won just one of their last 15 league meetings against Lyon, however it happened in their last trip to the Gerland stadium, a 2-0 victory in 2009/10.
- Sochaux are the only Ligue 1 side who have lost all of their away matches this season, they have conceded at least two goals in all four fixtures.
- No visiting team has managed to score more than one goal at the Gerland stadium this calendar year in Ligue 1.
- Michel Bastos has netted four goals against Sochaux in Ligue 1, more than versus any other club.
- Jimmy Briand has either scored or assisted 55% of Lyon goals this season in the top flight (three goals and three assists).
Toulouse - Lens
- Toulouse have failed to win their last three home games in Ligue 1, drawing one and losing two.
- 10 of the 13 Toulouse goals this season in Ligue 1 have been netted in the last 30 minutes of their games.
- Daniel Braaten is the only Toulouse player who has managed to score in the first half (three goals).
- Lens have failed to win their last three away games in Ligue 1, drawing one and losing two.
- Lens are the only Ligue 1 side who have yet to score a first-half goal.
- Three Lens goals have been scored by substitutes (Issam Jemaa twice and David Pollet once), only Sochaux currently register as many.
Marseille - Rennes
- Rennes top the league with just 19 points after 10 match days, no leader had registered such a low points-tally at this stage of the competition since Bastia in 2000.
- Marseille have won 13 of their 16 home games in the league this calendar year and they scored in all 16.
- Rennes have picked up only one point from their last nine trips to Marseille in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have scored a league-high 18 goals this term.
- Rennes are the only side who have yet to lose on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have scored 12 goals in their last four league encounters against Rennes.
- Frederic Antonetti has lost seven of his nine trips to Marseille as a Ligue 1 manager.
- Rennes have failed to win any of their three Ligue 1 games without striker Victor Montano.
- Andre-Pierre Gignac is the Ligue 1 player with most matches played this season, without ever losing: eight.
- 33% of the goals netted by Rennes have come from defenders (four out of 12), the highest ratio this season in Ligue 1.
Monaco - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 12 league meetings against Monaco, winning eight and drawing four, keeping a clean sheet in the last three.
- Monaco have scored just two goals at the Louis II stadium this season in the league, only Arles-Avignon have netted fewer goals at home.
- Monaco have failed to score in the last three league games, currently the longest run without finding the net.
- Jean Tigana has never lost against Guy Lacombe as a Ligue 1 manager (three wins and three draws).
- Bordeaux striker Moussa Maazou has scored in each of his last three league appearances at the Louis II stadium, all three as a Monaco player.
- All seven Monaco goals this season have been netted by foreign internationals.
Valenciennes - Lille
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last seven home Northern derbies in the league, winning four and drawing two.
- The away side has failed to score in the last six league meetings between these two sides.
- Lille have failed to score in their last three trips to Valenciennes in Ligue 1, losing the last two.
- Lille have conceded three goals in two consecutive Ligue 1 games for the first time since September 2006.
- Valenciennes have yet to keep a clean sheet at home this season in the league.
- Gregory Pujol has netted five goals this season in Ligue 1; his best-ever tally at this stage of the competition.
- Strike partnership Gervinho (four goals) and Moussa Sow (five goals) have scored 69% of Lille goals this season in Ligue 1.
Montpellier - Paris SG
- PSG have failed to win any of their last five competitive trips to the Mosson stadium, drawing three and losing two.
- Paris SG have won two consecutive away league games for the first time since December 2007.
- 78% of the goals conceded by PSG this season in Ligue 1 have come before the half-time break, the highest percentage in the league.
- Nenê has scored six goals in his nine Ligue 1 appearances this season (0.7 per game); the Brazilian winger has netted more goals in October than any other month during his Ligue 1 career (seven).
- Montpellier and Paris SG have both registered keep six clean sheets this season in the league, only Brest have managed more.