French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 6-7 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have never won at Auxerre in the top flight (three draws and three defeats).
- Valenciennes have won their last three league matches, equalling their best run this season.
- Auxerre have won four of their last five league games, with the only exception being the 5-0 defeat at Grenoble.
- Auxerre have failed to score in their last three league games against Valenciennes.
- Auxerre have yet to concede a goal at home in 2010 in the league.
- AJA have kept the most clean sheets this season in Ligue 1 (14).
- Defensive midfielder Carlos Sanchez has scored in Valenciennes' last two away matches.
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Lyon
- Lyon have taken a league-high 19 points in 2010, while Boulogne have racked up the fewest this year (3).
- Boulogne have scored the fewest goals this season (17) and conceded the most (46).
- Lyon have failed to score in only three of their 26 matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have not conceded a goal in their last 530 minutes in all competitions.
- No Boulogne player has managed to score more than three goals, a record this season in the top flight.
- Boulogne have failed to win their last 11 Ligue 1 games, currently the longest run.
- Both teams have drawn a league-high seven games.
- Michel Bastos has netted six goals in his last eight away games in all competitions.
Lens - Paris SG
- If the league had started in 2010, PSG would be 19th (only three goals scored and 12 conceded).
- Paris SG are unbeaten in their last six competitive encounters against Lens (four wins and two draws).
- Lens have won eight of their last 10 home matches in all competitions.
- PSG have suffered seven defeats away from home this term in the league, as many as during the whole of last season.
- Lens haven't conceded more than one goal in their last 11 competitive games.
- Issam Jemaa has netted three goals in his last three competitive appearances at the Felix Bollaert stadium.
Nice - Nancy
- Nancy have taken only one point from their last eight trips to Nice in the league.
- Nice have only won one of their last 14 competitive matches.
- 56% of Nancy's points have been taken away from home (18 out of 32), a league-high.
- The most goals Nice have ever conceded in a home match in the top flight is seven, it was in 1978 and against Nancy, in a 3-7 rout with four goals netted by Michel Platini.
- Eight of Loic Remy's nine goals this season in the league have been scored in the second half of games.
- Nice have conceded the joint-most goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season in Ligue 1 (12).
Rennes - Monaco
- Rennes have lost their last four competitive matches, their worst run since December 2007.
- Monaco have always won this season when scoring first.
- Monaco lost 3-0 in their last two away games in the league.
- Monaco have kept just one clean sheet on the road this season in the top flight.
- Rennes have received the most red cards this season in Ligue 1 (six).
- Monaco have received the most yellow cards this season in the top flight (64).
Sochaux - Toulouse
- Sochaux have failed to score in the last 308 minutes in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Sochaux have failed to win their last five Ligue 1 fixtures, only Boulogne are on a worse run.
- Toulouse have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last eight away matches in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have won in their last two trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1.
- Andre-Pierre Gignac has netted five goals in his last three appearances against Sochaux.
- A league-high 59% of Toulouse's goals have come from midfielders.
St Etienne - Lille
- St Etienne have kept a clean sheet in their last five home fixtures, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Lille have scored in the last 13 match days, a record this season.
- Lille have conceded more goals at St Etienne than at any other away ground in their Ligue 1 history (102).
- Lille have only won once in their last 36 trips to St Etienne in Ligue 1.
- Emmanuel Riviere has scored in each of his last four competitive appearances at the Geoffroy Guichard stadium.
- Lille have lost 75% of their league fixtures this season without star striker Gervinho.
Grenoble - Le Mans
- Grenoble won last week at Nancy, however they have failed to win two consecutive league matches since April 2009.
- Two of Grenoble's three league wins this season have come in February.
- Le Mans have the worst away record this season in the top flight (only three points).
- Le Mans have never won a competitive match at Grenoble (two defeats and two draws).
- Three Grenoble players have scored a brace in the last four match days (Akrour, Matsui and Ravet).
- Modibo Maiga has scored in each of Le Mans' last two away matches.
- A league-high 58% of Grenoble goals have been netted by new signings.
Marseille - Lorient
- Marseille have won all of their competitive home matches in 2010.
- The last four matches between these two sides have seen the team who opened the scoring lose the game.
- No team has lost as many points as Lorient this season after having scored first (14).
- Marseille have won their last five competitive matches, their best run this season.
- Ligue 1 top scorer Mamadou Niang has scored eight goals in his eight league appearances at home.
- Marseille and Lorient are the only sides yet to pick up a red card this season in the top flight.
- Hatem Ben Arfa has scored three goals in his last four competitive appearances for Marseille.
Bordeaux - Montpellier
- Montpellier have won only one of their seven away matches against current top 10 sides this season.
- Bordeaux have lost only one of their last 45 home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux have won their last three competitive matches.
- Bordeaux's worst position this season is third.
- None of the last 15 competitive games played by Montpellier have ended in a draw.
- Wendel has netted four goals in his last three competitive appearances.
- No player has scored more away goals than Victor Montano this season in Ligue 1.