French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 7-8 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - St Etienne
- St Etienne have won only two of their five encounters with promoted sides in Ligue 1 this season.
- Arles Avignon have failed to win any of their last 21 league games, their longest drought in the history of the top-flight of French football.
- Arles-Avignon have conceded 63 goals this season, the worst tally at this stage of a season since Lorient in 2001/02.
- Arles-Avignon have failed to score in their last six league games.
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last five away league games.
- Dimitri Payet has scored St Etienne's last three league goals.
Auxerre - Montpellier
- Montpellier have lost 12 of their 18 top-flight trips to Auxerre.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last six league games, their longest run this season.
- Auxerre have drawn 18 games this season in Ligue 1, 14 of which have ended in a 1-1 scoreline.
- Montpellier have kept 15 clean sheets this season in Ligue 1, only Rennes have done better.
- None of the 18 encounters between Auxerre and Montpellier at the Abbé-Deschamps stadium in Ligue 1 have ended goalless.
- Montpellier have won only one of their last 10 competitive games.
- Montpellier's Olivier Giroud has scored six of Montpellier's 11 away league goals this season.
Bordeaux - Sochaux
- Sochaux have lost their last four league games in Bordeaux, conceding nine goals and scoring none.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last eight top-flight encounters with Sochaux.
- Only Arles-Avignon have picked up fewer points away from home than Sochaux in Ligue 1 this season.
- Bordeaux have drawn five of their last six league games.
- Bordeaux haven't conceded a goal in their last 249 minutes of play at home.
- Jussie has scored three goals against Sochaux in Ligue 1, only against Lyon and Valenciennes has he scored as many goals in the top-flight.
Brest - Nice
- Nice have failed to win any of their four top-flight games against promoted sides this season.
- Only three of the 15 top-flight encounters between Brest and Nice have ended in a draw.
- Nice have lost their last two top-flight trips to Brest, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Nice have failed to win any of their last 10 top-flight games played in May.
- Brest have drawn their last three top-flight games, currently the longest run.
- Brest have won the most penalties in Ligue 1 this season (7).
- Danijel Ljuboja hasn't scored in the top-flight since last December when he netted against Brest.
Caen - Lens
- Lens are unbeaten in their last three top-flight encounters with Caen in Ligue 1.
- Lens have won only one of their last 13 league games.
- Since their return to the top-flight in 2009, Lens have won only five of their 35 away league games.
- Caen have scored 17 goals in the last 15 minutes, only Lille have been as prolific during that period in Ligue 1 this season.
- Toifilou Maoulida has scored in each of his last three appearances against Caen in Ligue 1.
- Caen's Romain Hamouma has scored in each of his last four appearances in Ligue 1.
Lorient - Toulouse
- None of the five encounters between these two sides on Lorient's home ground in the top-flight have seen more than two goals scored.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last 10 league games, currently the longest run in the top-flight.
- Toulouse have won none of their last three top-flight trips to Lorient.
- Toulouse have kept only one clean sheet in their last 13 away league games.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last 13 home league games.
- 80% of league goals scored by Lorient in 2011 have come either from Kevin Gameiro (12) or Morgan Amalfitano (4). Gameiro has netted four goals in his last three league games.
- Lorient have the tightest defence at home in Ligue 1 this season, having conceded only nine goals in 16 games.
Monaco - Paris SG
- Paris SG have never kept a clean sheet in their last 26 league trips to Monaco.
- PSG have lost their last two away league games in Monaco.
- Monaco are unbeaten in their last six league encounters with PSG.
- Monaco have won their last two home league games, the first time they have won back-to-back games at Louis II this season.
- None of the last 10 PSG goals in Ligue 1 have been scored by strikers.
- PSG have won three of their last four league games.
- Monaco's Louis II stadium has seen the fewest goals in Ligue 1 this season (27).
Nancy - Lille
- Nancy have lost their last four league encounters with Lille, conceding 13 goals.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last six league encounters with Nancy, collecting five wins.
- Nancy are winless in their last five league games, their longest drought this season.
- The last two league games at Nancy's Marcel-Picot stadium have ended goalless.
- Nancy haven't conceded a single goal in their last three home league games.
- Gervinho has scored seven goals in six appearances against Nancy, his favourite opponent in Ligue 1.
- Lille have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six away league games.
- Lille have scored more goals than any other side in Ligue 1 this season (59).
Valenciennes - Rennes
- Rennes have won their last two league encounters with Valenciennes.
- Rennes have failed to win any of their last seven league games, scoring only two goals during that period.
- Valenciennes' last five home league games have all ended in a draw.
- Valenciennes have lost the most points after having taken the lead in Ligue 1 this season (20).
- Since he arrived at Rennes in 2008, Nicolas Douchez has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes striker Grégory Pujol has scored in each of his last four league appearances.
Lyon - Marseille
- Since 2007, Marseille have lost only one of their eight top flight encounters with Lyon.
- The game between Lyon and Marseille at the Gerland stadium last season was the most prolific game of the 21st century in Ligue 1, witnessing 10 goals (5-5).
- Marseille have won their last five away league games, the longest run this season.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last eight away league games.
- Marseille have never failed to score in their last 12 league games, currently the longest run.
- Nine of the 10 goals conceded by Lyon at home this season have come in the second-half.
- Lyon striker Lisandro has scored three goals in three league appearances against Marseille.