French Ligue Opta Facts - 7th & 8th November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Le Mans v Auxerre
- Le Mans are currently 19th, their worst position since 2003/04, when they were relegated to Ligue 2.
- Both league meetings between the two sides last season ended in a 2-0 Auxerre win.
- Auxerre have won their last five league fixtures, currently the longest run in the French top flight.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last eight Ligue 1 matches, also the longest current streak.
- Ireneusz Jelen has scored four goals in the last two match days, the polish striker has netted two goals in his last three appearances against Le Mans.
- No Le Mans player has scored more than two goals this season in the league.
- Kenyan forward Dennis Oliech has failed to score a single league goal for Auxerre since his brace, over a year ago, at Le Mans (2-0, 29/10/2008).
- 90% of Le Mans goals have been scored at home (nine out of 10), the highest ratio this season in Ligue 1, Paulo Duarte’s men have scored in all of their home fixtures this season.
Lorient v Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Boulogne have failed to win any of their last eight Ligue 1 matches, only Grenoble are on a worse run.
- Lorient are unbeaten at home this season in Ligue 1, their last defeat at Moustoir stadium was in April, against Marseille.
- Boulogne have racked up more points on the road (five) than at home this season (four).
- Boulogne are the most vulnerable team on set pieces, having conceded 10 goals from dead ball situations, a league-high.
Monaco v Grenoble
- Grenoble have always lost at Monaco in the top flight (three matches: three defeats).
- Grenoble have lost 100% of their matches, 11 out of 11, the worst start ever recorded in a Ligue 1 season. Across the top five leagues, only Manchester United have made worse, losing their opening 12 fixtures in 1931/32.
- Monaco will be without suspended Nene, who is currently the top scorer in Ligue 1 with nine goals, which amounts to 56% of his side’s tally.
- Since the start of last season, no player has lost as many Ligue 1 matches as Nicolas Dieuze: he has appeared in 31 defeats. The midfielder, who recently joined Grenoble, suffered relegation last term with Le Havre.
- Grenoble have both the worst attacking and defensive records in Ligue 1, only five goals scored and 23 conceded.
Nancy v St Etienne
- Nancy have won only one of their last six league meetings against St Etienne.
- Nancy have won their last two league fixtures, their best form since the opening two matches this season.
- Nancy forward Youssouf Hadji has scored five goals in the last five match days.
- None of St Etienne’s last 10 trips to Nancy in the league have ended in a draw (three wins, seven defeats).
- St Etienne have not kept a clean sheet on the road in Ligue 1 since the 2007/08 season.
- Only Grenoble have suffered more defeats (11) than St Etienne this season (seven).
- The only goal scored by St Etienne in the last three match days has come from the penalty spot.
Paris SG v Nice
- Nice have won six of their last eight league meetings against Paris SG.
- Paris are one of four teams who remain unbeaten at home this season in Ligue 1.
- The last two league matches played at Parc des Princes have ended 1-1.
- Paris SG have kept only one clean sheet this season in Ligue 1.
- Nice have lost three matches by at least a three-goal margin, a league high.
- Sammy Traore’s only league goal for PSG came when Nice last visited the capital (Paris won 2-1 in 2008/09).
Valenciennes v Montpellier
- Six Montpellier goals have been netted by defenders only Valenciennes have a more prolific back line: seven.
- Valenciennes have scored a league-high 22 goals.
- Only 37% of Valenciennes’ points have been taken at home.
- Montpellier have conceded the most goals away from home this season: 13.
- Valenciennes have kept three consecutive clean sheets, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- VAFC have won their last three league fixtures, their best from in the top flight since 1976.
- Valenciennes have scored in the last nine match days, currently the longest scoring run in the league.
- Valenciennes playmaker Fahid Ben Kalfallah has scored or assisted eight goals, only Nene (Monaco) has been involved in more (10).
Sochaux v Lens
- Lens have won their last five Ligue 1 encounters against Sochaux.
- Lens have more victories against Sochaux than against any other Ligue 1 opponent: 45.
- Sochaux have conceded 12 goals at Bonal stadium this season, only bottom side Grenoble have shipped more at home.
- Lens have only scored two goals in the last seven match days.
- Lens have failed to win their last eight Ligue 1 matches, only Grenoble have gone longer without success.
- Only one of Sochaux’s last 30 league matches has ended in a draw.
- Sochaux have taken only one point from their last nine league meetings against Lens (eight defeats, one draw).
Lille v Bordeaux
- Lille are unbeaten in their last seven league encounters against Bordeaux.
- Bordeaux have conceded the fewest goals this season in Ligue 1: seven.
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last six trips to Lille in the top flight.
- Bordeaux have lost their last two away matches in the league.
- No Ligue 1 ground has seen as few goals as Stadium Lille Metropole this season: eight.
- None of the last five Lille home matches in Ligue 1 has seen Rudy Garcia’s men score more than one goal.
- Bordeaux have opened the scoring in eight matches, a league-high this season.
Toulouse v Rennes
- Three of the last four league meetings between these two sides have ended goalless.
- Rennes have failed to score a single goal in their last three trips to Toulouse in the league.
- Moussa Sissoko has been directly involved in 55% of Toulouse goals this season (five goals, one assist).
- Rennes have failed to score in four of their last five league fixtures.
- The last time a visiting team managed to score more than one goal at Toulouse in Ligue 1 was in December 2008 (Nice, 2-2).
- Rennes have only claimed three away wins in Ligue 1 in 2009.
- Toulouse prolific striker Andre-Pierre Gignac has never scored against Rennes.
- Five of the six goals scored by Rennes forward Asamoah Gyan in Ligue 1 have come on the road.
Lyon v Marseille
- Marseille have lost only once in their last six trips to Gerland in the league.
- Marseille have won 11 of their last 13 away matches in the league.
- Lyon were defeated by Sochaux in their last home match in Ligue 1 after having won their previous six. They haven’t lost two consecutive home matches in the top flight since 1997/98.
- Marseille have kept only two clean sheets in their 40 trips to Lyon in the top flight.
- Marseille striker Mamadou Niang has scored three goals in his last two visits at Gerland in Ligue 1. In total, the Senegalese striker has scored six goals against the seven-times champions.
- Cyril Rool has been sent off three times against Lyon during his Ligue 1 carrer, more than against any other opponent.
- Striking duo Mamadou Niang-Brandao has netted 59% of their team’s tally this season in Ligue 1.
- Since the start of last season, Lyon have won only 27% of their league matches played after a Champions League fixture.