Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 13-14 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v Parma
- Parma are unbeaten in their 18 previous meetings against Bari in the top-flight (13 wins for the Ducali and five draws).
- Parma's record in Bari is five draws and four wins in Serie A.
- Last March's 1-1 draw at the San Nicola ended a run of six consecutive wins for Parma in this fixture.
- Andrea Masiello's goal in that game was Bari's first after a run of four games without scoring against Parma.
- Last Wednesday's goalless draw against Chievo ended a run of five consecutive defeats for Bari in the league.
- On Thursday, Parma won their first game after nine Serie A match-days without a win (1-0 vs Sampdoria).
- However, Parma are still have the weakest attack in the competition (seven goals scored).
- Bari have conceded the most goals in the first half so far this season: eight.
Bologna v Brescia
- These two sides have met 36 times in the top-flight: Bologna have had the better in half of these (18 wins), with nine draws and as many wins for Brescia.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in Bologna, in their first meeting in January 1930; since then, there have been 12 wins for the hosts and five for the guests.
- In the last meeting, back in May 2005, Brescia won away at Bologna (2-1).
- Since then, these two sides have met six more times in Serie B: three draws, two wins for Brescia and only one for Bologna.
- The most goals that Brescia have conceded in a single Serie A fixture is seven: it has happened on three occasions, and one of these came against Bologna (1-7 in 1930).
- Bologna are unbeaten at home in their last seven league games (three wins and four draws).
- Brescia have drawn their last two games against Inter and Juventus by 1-1; however, the Rondinelle remain winless since September, when they beat Roma (2-1).
Cagliari v Genoa
- Genoa have won four of their last six meetings against Cagliari in Serie A, with the Sardinians winning the other two.
- Last season the two fixtures between these two sides produced 13 goals in total: Cagliari won the first meeting 3-2 at the Sant'Elia, while Genoa had the better in the second at the Marassi, winning 5-3.
- Genoa have managed only one win from their last 10 trips to Sardinia (1-0 in March 2009).
- The Sardinians have failed to score in three of their last four games on home soil in the league.
- Genoa's last four games in Serie A have all ended 1-0: two wins for the Grifoni (vs Catania and Bologna) and two defeats (vs Inter and Palermo).
- Genoa have lost their last three away games against AC Milan, Roma and Palermo.
- Genoa are the only side in Serie A yet to concede a goal in the final 15 minutes of play this season.
Fiorentina v Cesena
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last seven meetings against Cesena in Serie A, though that last defeat came in May 1991.
- Cesena have failed to score in the last three occasions they have faced the Viola, prior to their 19-year spell in the lower leagues.
- Fiorentina have never lost at home against Cesena in Serie A (seven wins and three draws).
- Cesena have managed to score more than a single goal at Fiorentina's ground only once so far (2-2 in February 1975).
- Fiorentina have managed only three wins from their last 18 Serie A games, including last season; these three wins came in their last four games at home.
- No Fiorentina player has managed to score in two consecutive fixtures in this campaign.
- Cesena have already conceded four headed goals this season - a league-"high".
Juventus v Roma
- Juventus have managed almost twice as many wins as Roma in this fixture so far: the Bianconeri lead by 71 wins to 36 in Serie A, with 45 draws.
- However, Roma have had the better in the last meeting in Turin (2-1 last January).
- That win ended a run of four consecutive wins for the Bianconeri in the league against Roma.
- Roma have conceded more than six goals in a single Serie A game only three times in their history: two of these games were against Juventus (1-7 in March 1932 and 2-7 in October 1950).
- Juventus have netted 236 goals against Roma in the top-flight, more than against any other opponent, alongside Lazio.
- Last Wednesday's 1-1 draw against Brescia extended Juventus' unbeaten run to seven games (four wins and three draws).
- Juventus boast the best attack in this competition (22 goals), and are on target for their fourth consecutive win at home in the league.
Inter v AC Milan
- This is the 153th derby in Serie A between Inter and AC Milan: the Nerazzurri currently lead by 56 wins to 47, with 49 draws.
- Inter have had the better of the game in six of the last eight derbies in Serie A, including the last three.
- This is the first time since April 2006 that AC Milan are better placed in the table than Inter in Serie A before a derby; on that last occasion, the Rossoneri won 1-0.
- Ronaldinho is yet to score in Serie A this season; However the Brazilian scored his first goal for AC Milan in a derby in September 2008.
- That goal also gave the Rossoneri their last win against Inter.
- Inter have won the last five derbies when playing as the home side, always scoring two or more goals.
- Their next goal in this fixture will be AC Milan's 200th goal against Inter in Serie A.
- Last Wednesday against Palermo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored his 100th goal for Italian sides (26 for Juventus, 66 for Inter and eight for AC Milan).
- Two of these goals came in the Milan derby, during his spell at Inter in 2006/07.
- Inter have already been awarded four penalties this season - a league-high.
Lazio v Napoli
- Last season both fixtures between these two sides ended in a draw (0-0 at the Olimpico and 1-1 at the San Paolo).
- Lazio have won only one of their last four meetings against Napoli at home (2-1 in May 2008).
- Napoli's worst ever defeat in Serie A came at the Olimpico, but against Roma (8-0 in March 1959).
- After losing against Roma and Cesena, Lazio have lost the top-spot in the Serie A table.
- The last time Lazio suffered three consecutive defeats in Serie A was in May 2009.
- Napoli are on target for their fourth consecutive win - the last time they managed four wins in a row was in May 1995.
- 14 of Napoli's 21 points this season were picked-up away from home; Walter Mazzarri's side would be top of the Serie A table if only away fixtures counted.
- The Partenopei have also been the most prolific away from home (10 goals).
- Edison Cavani is the Serie A joint-top scorer (eight goals), while Ezequiel Lavezzi has netted four in his last four appearances, including last Wednesday's late winner against Cagliari.
Palermo v Catania
- This will be the 13th Sicilian derby between Palermo and Catania in Serie A: the Rossoblu lead by four wins to three, with five draws.
- At the Barbera, the hosts have won twice so far, with three draws and one win for the visitors.
- Catania are unbeaten in derbies in the past two seasons (three wins and a draw), conceding only one goal in total in those clashes.
- Palermo have won only one of their last six Serie A meetings against Catania (1-0 in April 2008).
- The Rosanero are on target for their 200th win in Serie A in their history.
- Palermo have recorded three wins and as many defeats in the last six match-days.
- Maxi Lopez's goal against Udinese on Wednesday was the first for Catania following three consecutive games without scoring in the league.
- However, Catania remain the side with the fewest goals scored away from home in the league, alongside Cesena and Lecce (only two).
Sampdoria v Chievo
- Chievo have won only one of their previous 12 meetings against Sampdoria in Serie A (2-1 at the Marassi in May 2005).
- Last season, Sampdoria won both games against Chievo by the same scoreline (2-1).
- Chievo have scored one goal in each of their last five meetings against Sampdoria in the league, enough to earn three draws.
- Sampdoria have drawn the most games in the league so far (six).
- The Blucerchiati have managed to win only one of their last four games at home.
- Chievo have failed to score in their last three games; the last time they went four consecutive games without scoring was in November 2008.
- Sampdoria have scored only two goals before half time this season, a league-joint low.
- Last season the Blucerchiati won 67% of their league games without Antonio Cassano, and only 47% of those when Cassano played.
Udinese v Lecce
- Lecce have beaten Udinese eight times in Serie A, more than any other side so far.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in 22 Serie A meetings (2-2, in their last meeting at the Via del Mare).
- At Udinese's ground, the record is nine wins for the hosts and two for the visitors.
- Udinese have conceded only three goals in total in their last seven league games.
- After losing the opening four games of this competition, Udinese have collected 14 points from the following six games (four wins and two draws), but they ended this positive run by losing at Catania on Wednesday (1-0).
- Lecce have collected the fewest points away from home in this campaign: only one of the Salentini's 12 points has come on the road (2-2 at the Barbera against Palermo).
- Lecce have conceded the joint-most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (seven).
- Overall, Lecce have the joint-worst defence in Serie A so far (18 goals).