Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 16-17 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Lazio
- These two sides have both won twice each in their last four Serie A encounters.
- Only once have these sides shared the points in their last eight meetings in the top flight (0-0 in February 2007).
- Atalanta have won their last two home league games against the Biancazzurri.
- Atalanta have collected just one point in their last five Serie A fixtures, against leaders Inter.
- The same number of points (1) as they have accrued in their last four home league matches.
- In their last two games Ballardini's team have scored a third, five, of the total goal tally netted so far (15).
Bari v Inter
- A 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture ended a run of three consecutive league wins for Inter against Bari.
- Between January 1998 and December 1999 Bari won five consecutive Serie A fixtures against Inter.
- Bari have won four of their last five home league games against Inter.
- Inter have won their last three league games keeping two clean sheets in the process.
- The leaders have won just once in their last three league away matches, never scoring more than once per game.
- Bari have won their last five Serie A home games conceding just two goals.
Cagliari v Livorno.
- Six of the previous nine Serie A encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Of these all four games played in Sardinia have been draws.
- Livorno have won three of their last four league matches.
- Livorno have not shared the points in 12 games.
- Cagliari are unbeaten at home in six games, twice coming back from 0-2 against Napoli and Roma in their last two matches at the Sant'Elia stadium.
- Livorno have lost three of their last four league away fixtures.
Chievo v Juventus
- Juventus are unbeaten against Chievo in Serie A, they have won 11 and drawn two.
- Chievo have been able to score just four goals in their previous six league home matches against the Bianconeri, conceding 13 in this run.
- In their last eight games in the league and Champions League, Juventus have lost six times.
- Chievo have lost their last three league games without scoring a single goal.
- Away from home Juventus have won three and lost three in Serie A this term.
- Juventus have conceded 11 goals from set piece situations, only Siena have let in more, 12.
Fiorentina v Bologna
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in Serie A against Bologna in six games, three wins and three draws.
- Bologna have won once in their last 11 league matches against Fiorentina, 3-2 in November 2001.
- Bologna's last win in Florence was back in 1989/90, since then the hosts have won five and there have been four draws.
- Bologna's last away win was against Atalanta a year ago, six points and 11 defeats have followed.
- Fiorentina have not shared the points in their last 10 league fixtures, five wins and five defeats.
- Bologna have lost their last three league games scoring just one goal in the process.
Milan v Siena
- In the previous 13 Serie A matches between these two sides, Siena have won once and Milan 10 times.
- The Rossoneri have recorded an average of three goals per game in their last three Serie A matches against the Tuscan team.
- At the San Siro, Siena have collected just one point against Milan in their six previous Serie A visits.
- Siena have lost their last three Serie A games and shipped nine goals in the last two.
- The team from Tuscany won their first away game of the season at Cagliari but have since lost the following eight.
- Milan have won seven of their last eight Serie A fixtures.
Napoli v Palermo
- The last three Serie A matches between these two sides have all ended with the same score line, 2-1 (twice to Palermo and once to Napoli).
- The last time Palermo won at the San Paolo in the top flight was in the 1951/52 season, since then the hosts have won seven and there have been three draws.
- Napoli have won their last three league games without conceding a single goal.
- Napoli are still unbeaten at home this season, six wins and three draws.
- Since the arrival of Walter Mazzarri as manager, Napoli are unbeaten, with a record of seven wins and five draws.
Parma v Udinese
- The balance in the last four Serie A games between these two sides is very even, two draws and one win each.
- Udinese have won twice in their last three league visits to the Tardini stadium.
- At Parma these two sides have shared the points in the top division only once in 15 games, 0-0 in April 2000.
- Udinese have collected just one point in their last four league matches.
- Di Natale & co. have lost their last three away fixtures in Serie A.
- Parma have lost their last three league games.
Roma v Genoa
- Both sides have won three of the last six Serie A meetings with Genoa coming out on top in the last two.
- The Giallorossi have not lost at home against Genoa for more than 20 years, 0-1 January 1990, having recorded five wins and two draws in the following seven games at the Olimpico.
- Roma are unbeaten in nine league games.
- Ranieri's men have won their last five home fixtures and kept clean sheets in the last three.
- Genoa have mustered just one point in their last five away league fixtures.
Sampdoria v Catania
- Sampdoria have won three of their last four matches against Catania in Serie A.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in the 24 Serie A matches played since 1955 (the last draw was in September 1983).
- The Blucerchiati have won their last six homes games against the Sicilian side.
- In these six matches Catania have scored a total of just one goal.
- Sampdoria are unbeaten at home for a year, their last defeat coming against Palermo on 18/1/2009, since then they have won nine and drawn nine.
- Sampdoria have taken just two points in their last six league matches and scored only two goals in the process.
- Catania have scored just seven second half goals so far, a league low.
- Catania have won just once away from home this term, against Juventus before the Christmas break.