Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 20-21 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brescia v Cagliari
- These two sides have only once shared the points in Serie A (0-0 at the Rigamonti in March 1966); since then, the Sardinians have won 10 times, losing four.
- Cagliari have won five of their last six meetings with Brescia in the top-flight, though the Rondinelle came out on top in the last meeting, in February 2005 (2-0).
- In Brescia, the record in Serie A is four wins to three for the guests, with one draw completing the record.
- Brescia are without a win in the last eight match-days of Serie A: two draws against Inter and Juventus, and six defeats.
- Beppe Iachini's side have scored only three goals in their last seven league games.
- The Sardinians have managed only one win from their last 10 league fixtures (four draws and five defeats complete the record).
- Cagliari's last win away from home was in January 2010 (1-0 at Bologna's soil); since then, the Sardinians have drawn seven and lost nine of their ensuing league games on the road.
Catania v Bari
- Catania have never lost against Bari in Serie A, thanks to four wins and two draws.
- Bari have scored just one goal in all their previous games against Catania, in their first ever meeting, won 3-1 by Catania, in January 1961.
- Catania have a 100% record at home against Bari in three Serie A games.
- Catania have managed only one win from their last eight league games (four draws and three defeats complete the record).
- At home Catania are still unbeaten in 2010 (10 wins and seven draws), currently the longest run in Serie A.
- Bari have taken only one point from the last seven match-days of this competition (0-0 at Chievo's ground).
- Bari have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
- Away from home, Giampiero Ventura's side are without a win in their last nine games, from which they have picked up only four points.
- Overall, Bari have won only one of their last 20 league games on the road, losing 13 times in the process.
Cesena v Palermo
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Cesena and Palermo in Serie A.
- The last time these teams took part in the same competition was in Serie B in 1996/97, when both were relegated to Serie C1 (1-1 in Cesena and 1-0 win for the guests at the Favorita).
- Cesena have won only one of their last nine league games, a draw and seven defeats complete the record.
- However, Cesena have won three of their six games at home this season.
- Palermo have not shared the points in the last seven rounds of Serie A (four wins including last Sunday's 3-1 in the derby against Catania, and three defeats).
- The Rosanero have lost their last two games on the road, against Udinese and AC Milan.
- Overall, Delio Rossi's side have lost six of their eight away games in all competitions this season.
Chievo v Inter
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings against Chievo in Serie A: eight wins for the Nerazzurri and four draws.
- Inter have had the better in seven of their last eight meetings with Chievo.
- However, Chievo have managed to score two or more goals in four of their last six league games against Inter.
- Chievo have failed to score in the last four match-days of this campaign (three goalless draws and a 1-0 defeat against Fiorentina).
- Stefano Pioli's side have won only one of their last five games at home (2-1 against Cesena), and failed to score in four of their last five at the Bentegodi.
- Inter are without a win in the last three match-days of Serie A (two 1-1 draws and last Sunday's 1-0 defeat in the derby): the last time the Nerazzurri failed to win four games in a row was in 2004/05.
- Despite their defeat against AC Milan on Sunday, Inter still boast the best defence in the competition (only seven goals conceded).
- However, Rafa Benitez's side have not scored more than a single goal in any of their last eight league fixtures.
Genoa v Juventus
- Genoa have already suffered 51 defeats against Juventus in Serie A (in 86 meetings), more than against any other Italian side.
- Genoa have won only one of their last 13 Serie A meetings with Juventus: eight wins for the Old Lady and four draws in the process.
- 19 goals have been scored in the last four meetings between Genoa and Juventus in Serie A.
- Since the appointment of their new manager, Davide Ballardini, Genoa have won two games 1-0.
- The Grifoni have also won three of their last four at home, a 1-0 defeat against Inter completing the record.
- The Old Lady are unbeaten in their last eight league games, and in their last 11 in all competitions.
- Juventus have conceded only two goals in their last five games on the road, picking up nine points in the process.
- Gigi Del Neri's side boast the best attack in the competition (23 goals).
Lecce v Sampdoria
- Sampdoria are unbeaten in their last 12 Serie A games against Lecce (nine wins, including those in the last five meetings, and three draws).
- Sampdoria have also won five of their last six games at Lecce's ground, scoring three or more goals in each of those games.
- Lecce have picked up only one point from their last four league games, and scored only one goal in the process (1-1 against Inter).
- However, Lecce remain unbeaten at home in this campaign, in light of three wins and two draws.
- Sampdoria have drawn the most games in Serie A this season (seven).
- The Blucerchiati have failed to score in their last three games; netting only one in five fixtures without Antonio Cassano.
- Lecce have conceded 22 goals in Serie A this season, a league-high.
- Sampdoria have already dropped nine points from leading situations, the joint-most in Serie A alongside Napoli.
AC Milan v Fiorentina
- AC Milan have scored 224 goals in Serie A against Fiorentina, more than against any other opponent.
- AC Milan have won their last five league meetings against the Viola, conceding only one goal in the process.
- The Viola's last win against the Rossoneri was in November 2005 (3-1 at the Franchi); since then, AC Milan have won six times, with three draws.
- AC Milan have won seven of their last eight league fixtures, losing one against Juventus (1-2).
- The reversal against Juve is AC Milan's only defeat in their last 17 games at home - 11 wins and five draws complete their record.
- Fiorentina are without a win in their last 10 games on the road (seven defeats and three draws).
- AC Milan have averaged 2.13 goals in their eight league games with Pato this season, while they have averaged only one in the four games when their Brazilian striker has not played.
Napoli v Bologna
- These two sides have met 104 times in the top-flight: Bologna lead in the head-to-head by 36 wins to 34, with 34 draws.
- Napoli lead in the previous meetings at the San Paolo though, 22 wins to eight, with 22 draws.
- Napoli have lost only once on the last 13 occasions when they have hosted Bologna in Serie A, winning eight and sharing the points four times.
- The Partenopei have notched up two wins and two draws in the last four match-days of this competition.
- Bologna have lost their last three games away from home; their last win on the road was last February. Since then they have suffered seven defeats, sharing the points five times.
- Napoli have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (11).
- Each of Napoli's last six goals has been scored either by Cavani or Lavezzi (three each).
Parma v Lazio
- Parma have won only one of their last nine league meetings with Lazio, losing on five occasions.
- Lazio are unbeaten in their last four trips to the Tardini (two wins and as many draws).
- In general, the Ducali have won 10 of their 19 meetings at home against Lazio, losing five times and sharing the points on four occasions.
- Parma won their last two games against Sampdoria and Bari 1-0, prior to these matches, they had failed to win for nine match-days.
- Only two goals have been scored in total in Parma's last four games at home.
- Lazio have not shared the points in their last eight Serie A fixtures (six wins and two defeats).
- Prior to their defeat against Cesena, the Biancocelesti had notched up four consecutive wins on the road.
- Lazio have conceded only one goal before half time so far.
Roma v Udinese
- Roma have won only one of their last four league meetings against Udinese in Serie A (4-2 at the Olimpico last March); with two wins for the Bianconeri and one draw in the process.
- At the Olimpico though, the hosts are unbeaten in their last four games against Udinese (three wins and one draw).
- Claudio Ranieri's side are unbeaten in their last six league games (four wins and two draws).
- Roma are still unbeaten at home this season in Serie A (two draws, followed by four wins); the Giallorossi would be top of the Serie A table if only home games counted in this campaign.
- Only AC Milan (18) have taken more points in the last seven matchdays than Udinese (16).
- Udinese have lost only one of their last eight league fixtures (five wins and two draws).