Italian Serie A Opta Facts 22nd - 23rd January
Bari v Napoli
- Bari have won only one of their last 21 matches with Napoli in the top-flight; the Partenopei have come out on top 13 times with seven draws in the process.
- Bari have picked up only two points from their last six meetings with Napoli in Serie A.
- Bari's derby win against Lecce (1-0) was their only victory in the last 15 match-days of Serie A.
- At home, Bari have suffered five defeats in their last seven games, drawing the other two.
- Napoli have kept a clean sheet in five of their last six league games.
- However, away from home the Partenopei have lost three of their last four games.
- Bari have won only three games in this campaign, fewer than any other side.
- Napoli have already scored eight headed goals, more than any other side this season in Serie A.
- Both Stefano Okaka and Gergely Rudolf scored a goal on their debuts for Bari.
- Bari manager, Giampiero Ventura, has never won against Walter Mazzarri in Serie A in four meetings, with the current Napoli manager having had the better on three occasions.
Bologna v Lazio
- Bologna have beaten Lazio 42 times in Serie A; only against Roma have they managed more wins in the top-flight (47).
- However, Lazio are the Italian side against whom Bologna have scored the most goals in the league (163).
- Bologna have picked up only one point in their last four league meetings against Lazio.
- Lazio came out on top in both fixtures against Bologna last season, scoring exactly three goals on both occasions.
- These two sides have not shared the points at the Dall'Ara in their last 12 meetings, winning six times apiece.
- Bologna may have won only once in the last five match-days of Serie A (2-0 at Bari), but they have lost only one of their last 11 at home between.
- Lazio have taken only two points from their last four games on the road.
- The Biancocelesti have won each of the games in which they have taken the lead in this campaign (11).
Chievo v Genoa
- The record between these two sides in Serie A is even: two wins each and a draw so far.
- Since beating Inter back in November, Chievo have remained winless in their ensuing seven fixtures (four draws and three defeats).
- Sergio Pellissier's goal against Catania was the only one scored by Chievo in the last three match-days of Serie A.
- Chievo have shared the points in their last three games at the Bentegodi, against Roma, Juventus and Palermo; the only time they drew four in a row at home was in March 2009.
- Genoa are winless in their last four league fixtures, and have failed to score in three of these.
- However, their record away from home has seen them win two and draw two of their last four games, conceding only one goal in the process.
- No side has a greater disparity between goals conceded in the first half (16) and after the break (only six) than Chievo in Serie A this season.
- Genoa have shipped the fewest goals away from home so far (six).
Fiorentina v Lecce
- Lecce are unbeaten in their last three league meetings against Fiorentina in Serie A (two wins and a draw).
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last seven meetings at the Artemio Franchi, with the hosts coming out on top five times.
- Lecce have failed to score in seven of their last nine visits to Fiorentina in the league.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side have suffered only one defeat in the last six match-days of this competition.
- The Viola have also won their last five fixtures at home, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- 14 match-days have passed since Lecce last kept a clean sheet in Serie A.
- Before beating Lazio at the Olimpico in their last match on the road (2-1), Lecce had failed to win away from home in 17 consecutive games in Serie A.
AC Milan v Cesena
- Cesena's 2-0 win in the reverse fixture in September ended a run of four consecutive wins for AC Milan against Cesena.
- Erjon Bogdani's and Emanuele Giaccherini's goals in that fixture ended a four-game goalscoring drought for Cesena against the Rossoneri in the league.
- AC Milan are still unbeaten against Cesena at home, in light of seven wins and two draws.
- The Rossoneri have not conceded goals in eight of these nine meetings against Cesena at the San Siro.
- AC Milan have lost only one of their last 11 Serie A fixtures, though they have been held to a draw in their last two games against Udinese and Lecce.
- Cesena have lost their last two league games, against Roma and Inter.
- The Bianconeri have won only once in their last 23 away games in Serie A.
- AC Milan are the only Serie A side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play this season.
- Cesena have lost each of the 11 games in which they were trailing this season.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the Serie A player who has attempted the most shots on target so far this season (38, 11 of which have found the net).
Palermo v Brescia
- The record in the head to head between Palermo and Brescia is perfectly even: both sides have won three times, with five draws.
- 11 goals have been scored in the last two meetings between these two sides in Serie A.
- Palermo have won only one of their last four league matches, a run that has seen them fall down the table form 5th to 7th.
- However, the Sicilians have won their last five games at home, scoring exactly three goals in each of the last four.
- Last Sunday's 2-0 win against Parma ended a run of three consecutive defeats for Brescia.
- Brescia have picked up only one point from their last eight league games on the road.
- Brescia have already scored three goals from direct free kicks (two by Nicolas Cordova, one by Alessandro Diamanti).
- Javier Pastore is the Serie A player who has attempted the most passes in the opposition half so far this season (743).
Parma v Catania
- Parma have managed to beat Catania only once in seven Serie A meetings so far.
- However, the Ducali are still unbeaten at the home against Catania, in light of one win and two draws.
- Parma have lost their last two games against Cagliari (at home) and Brescia (away).
- Parma have won only one of their last four fixtures at the Tardini in the league.
- Catania have won only once in the last seven match-days of this campaign, losing four and sharing the points twice.
- Catania's last win away from home was in February (1-0 at the Olimpico against Lazio): since then, the Sicilians have lost nine and drawn seven times in the league.
- Catania would be bottom of the Serie A table on only three points, taking into account only the away games of the season.
- Marco Giampaolo's side have conceded seven goals in their last two games on the road.
- Maxi Lopez has scored in three of Catania'a last four league fixtures.
Roma v Cagliari
- Cagliari and Roma have shared the points 23 times in Serie A so far, only against Sampdoria (25) have the Sardinians drawn more times.
- Cagliari's 5-1 win in the reverse fixture ended a run of six unbeaten games for Roma against the Sardinians.
- At the Olimpico the Giallorossi are unbeaten on the last six occasions they have hosted Cagliari in Serie A.
- Cagliari's last win at Roma was in November 1968 (4-1); since then the hosts have won 13 times, with as many draws.
- Daniele Conti has scored more goals against Roma than against any other Serie A side, four, including one in the reverse fixture.
- Claudio Ranieri's side have won four of their last five league games, losing only that against Sampdoria.
- At home, the Giallorossi have won seven games on the spin in this competition.
- Cagliari have won five of the eight games played under new manager, Roberto Donadoni.
- The Sardinians would be 3rd in the Serie A table taking into account only the last eight match-days of this competition.
- No Serie A player has been substituted more times than Jeremy Menez so far this season (14 times).
Sampdoria v Juventus
- Five of the last seven matches between these two sides have ended as draws.
- Prior to last season's 1-0 win, Sampdoria had not beaten Juventus at home in eight meetings in Serie A.
- Sampdoria have lost three of their last four games in Serie A.
- However, the Blucerchiati are unbeaten in their last seven games at home (three wins and four draws).
- Juventus got back to winning ways last Sunday (2-1 against Bari), following a negative run of three games without a win in the league.
- Sampdoria have conceded only five goals at home, fewer than any other Serie A side.
- The Blucerchiati have already scored five goals from the penalty spot - a league-high.
- Juventus have attempted the most headed shots so far in this campaign (55), converting six of them into goals.
Udinese v Inter
- Inter are on a run of five consecutive wins against Udinese in the league, and are unbeaten in the last 13.
- Udinese have failed to score on four of their last five occasions they have hosted Inter at the Friuli.
- Udinese have scored two or more goals in each of their last five league fixtures.
- Udinese have notched-up six wins and a draw in their last seven games at home in Serie A.
- Inter have won each of the five games played in all competitions under new manager, Leonardo.
- Alexis Sanchez has scored a goal in each of Udinese's last four games in the league.
- The Chilean is the player who has completed the most dribbles so far this season (58).
- Antonio Di Natale scored his 14th goal of this campaign last Sunday against Genoa, enough to be the Serie A top-scorer.
- Di Natale had netted three goals so far against Inter, two of which came in last season's two fixtures.