Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 23-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Bologna v Juventus
- Juventus have beaten Bologna 62 times in the top-flight, more than any other side.
- Bologna's last win against Juventus in Serie A was in November 1998; since then, the Bianconeri are unbeaten in 17 meetings with the Felsinei (12 wins and five draws).
- Juventus have won their last four games against Bologna at the Dall'Ara, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Bologna have managed only one win from their last 10 Serie A fixtures - seven draws and two defeats complete the record.
- However, Bologna are unbeaten in their last five games at home (two wins and three draws).
- Juventus boast the best attack in Serie A this season (16 goals scored in the first seven match-days).
- The Old Lady have scored four goals in three of their last five league fixtures (against Udinese, Cagliari and Lecce).
- Away from home, Juve have managed only one win from their last nine fixtures (two draws and six defeats), failing to score on six occasions.
- Serbian Milos Krasic has been involved in eight goals so far in this competition (scoring three and setting up five with his assists).
- Marco Di Vaio has netted five goals over the last five match-days of this campaign.
Chievo v Cesena
- This will be the first ever meeting between these two sides in the top-flight.
- Chievo have scored only one goal in the last three match-days, picking up only one point in the process.
- Chievo have won only one of their last six games at home in Serie A, losing four times.
- Chievo have failed to score a single goal in their last three league fixtures.
- After two wins and a draw in the opening three games of this campaign, Cesena have picked up only one point from the ensuing four fixtures, last Sunday at home with Parma.
- Away from home, Cesena are winless in their last 17 games (15 defeats and two draws), and have failed to score in the last six on the road.
Fiorentina v Bari
- These two sides have met 56 times so far in Serie A: the Viola lead by 22 wins to 16, with 18 draws.
- However, Fiorentina have managed to beat Bari only once in the last five meetings, losing on three occasions.
- At home, Fiorentina have lost only once against Bari in the top-flight, back in January 1949; since then, the hosts have notched up 12 wins and five draws when they face Bari.
- Fiorentina have won only one of their last 14 Serie A fixtures between, losing eight.
- Bari have lost three of their last four, a 2-1 win against Parma completes this record.
- Giampiero Ventura's side are winless in their last seven games on the road: four defeats and three draws, in which they have conceded an average of 2.6 goals per game.
Genoa v Catania
- Genoa and Catania have met 16 times in Serie A so far: the Sicilians lead by seven wins to five, with four draws in the process.
- Catania have managed to beat Genoa at the Marassi only once in eight meetings; four wins for the hosts and three draws complete the record.
- The Grifoni have won only one of their last six Serie A fixtures, losing on three occasions.
- Genoa have scored in each of their last 18 home games - currently the longest streak in Serie A.
- Catania are winless away from home in their last 10 fixtures, in light of five draws and as many defeats.
- All of Catania's eight goals this season have been scored by different players.
- Catania have conceded the fewest shots to their opponents so far in this campaign (54).
- Giampiero Gasperini is unbeaten in his three previous meetings agains Catania manager, Marco Giampaolo (two wins and a draw).
Internazionale v Sampdoria
- Inter have beaten Sampdoria only once in their last five league meetings, losing once and sharing the points on three occasions.
- Over these five meetings, the Nerazzurri never scored more than a single goal per game.
- Last season, Inter picked up only one point against the Blucerchiati, without scoring a single goal in either fixture.
- However, Inter remain unbeaten at home against Sampdoria since December 1996 (3-4); since then the Nerazzurri have nothced up six wins and three draws.
- Sampdoria have failed to score a single goal in their last three visits to Inter in the league.
- Only two goals have been scored in total in the last three league games featuring Inter.
- The Italian champions are unbeaten in their last 44 games at home in the league (33 wins and 11 draws).
- By beating Fiorentina last Sunday, Sampdoria ended a run of five winless games in the league (four draws and a defeat).
- Samp are on a run of four consecutive draws away from home in Serie A, and are unbeaten in their last six on the road.
- Inter have the best defence of this campaign, with only three goals conceded over the first seven match-days.
Lazio v Cagliari
- This wil be the 51st meeting between these two sides in the league: Lazio lead by 21 wins to 15, with 14 draws.
- Lazio and Cagliari have not shared a draw in their last seven meetings in Serie A: four successes for the Biancocelesti, three for the Sardinians.
- Lazio top the Serie A table with 16 points after seven match-days: this their best start to a Serie A season since 1999/2000 (on that occasion they had 17 and won the Scudetto).
- After losing against Sampdoria on match-day 1, Edy Reja's side went unbeaten for the ensuing six fixtures, winning the last three without conceding a single goal.
- Cagliari have managed only one win in their last 21 Serie A games, with 10 defeats and as many draws.
- The Sardinians have also scored only in one of their last five games.
- Away from home, the Sardinians are winless in their last 14 games (eight draws and six defeats).
Lecce v Brescia
- The record of previous meetings between these two sides is perfectly even: both have won four times, with two draws.
- However, Lecce have won their last three encounters with Brescia in Serie A.
- These two sides have never shared the points at the Via Del Mare in five previous meetings: two wins for the hosts, three for the guests.
- Lecce are unbeaten at home in six Serie A meetings (three wins and as many draws).
- Brescia have lost their last three games in the league, scoring only one goal in the process.
- Brescia have not drawn in their last 11 Serie A games (five wins and six defeats).
- Brescia have lost four of their last five games on the road in the league, a 1-0 win at Chievo's ground completes their record.
Napoli v AC Milan
- This will be the 125th meeting between Napoli and AC Milan in Serie A: the Rossoneri lead by 51 wins to 33, with 40 draws.
- The last three meetings between these sides in the league have ended as draws.
- The Partenopei have beaten AC Milan only once in their last 14 meetings in the league: seven draws and six wins for the Rossoneri complete the record.
- The Rossoneri have not won any of their last four visits to the San Paolo, sharing the points three times.
- AC Milan are on a run of three consecutive wins in Serie A; the last time they managed four in a row was last February.
- Away from home though, AC Milan have won only one in the last six in the league, losing on four occasions.
- Napoli have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play this season (seven), gaining the most points from trailing situations in this campaign (seven).
- However, Napoli have also dropped nine points from leading situations this season - a league-high.
- Edison Cavani (six goals) and Marek Hamsik (three) are currently the most prolific attacking partnership of Serie A. Cavani is also the joint-top scorer with Samuel Eto'o.
Parma v Roma
- Roma have beaten Parma 23 times in 38 meetings, more than any other side in Serie A; Parma have had the better eight times, seven draws complete the record.
- Roma have won their last eight Serie A meetings against Parma in Serie A, keeping a clean sheet in six of these.
- Parma are winless in their last six league fixtures (three draws and as many defeats), and have managed to score only one goal over the last three.
- Roma are yet to win their first point away from home in this campaign, as a result of three defeats on the road so far.
- In their first three away games, the Giallorossi have conceded nine goals.
- Roma have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season (five).
- The record in the head to head between the two managers is perfectly even in Serie A: both have won three times, with a draw as well.
Udinese v Palermo
- This will be the 27th meeting between Udinese and Palermo in the top-flight: the Bianconeri lead by 11 wins to nine, with six draws.
- Udinese have beaten Palermo in the last two meetings at the Friuli, scoring three goals in each game.
- After recording their worst ever start to a Serie A campaign picking up only one point from the first five fixtures, Udinese have won their last two games against Cesena and Brescia by 1-0.
- Palermo are unbeaten in their last four fixtures (three wins and a draw), and have won four of their last five on the road.
- Udinese have scored only four goals this season - the worst attack in Serie A so far, while Palermo have netted the most from open play (13).
- Delio Rossi's men have also scored the most from outside the box this season: five, four of which have come from open play.