Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 23rd - 24th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Bari
- Bari's last win at Bologna was in 1935/36, since then the hosts have won 16 of the ensuing 21 meetings with five draws completing the record.
- Bologna have won their last six home meetings with Bari in Serie A.
- Last Wednesday's draw with Atalanta was the first time the Rossoblu shared the points since match-day 1, when they drew by 1-1 with Fiorentina.
- Bari have collected only two points from their last six away games (two draws and four defeats).
- Bari have scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play (nine).
- Ventura's side have scored at least one goal in each of the last nine league games.
- Brazilian striker, Barreto has scored seven goals in his last six games for Bari.
Catania v Parma
- In the last five Serie A games between these two sides there have been three draws and one win each.
- The Sicilians are unbeaten in their two previous meetings with Parma at the Massimino, in which they have always kept a clean sheet.
- Catania have notched-up two wins, as many defeats and a draw since the appointment of new manager, Sinisa Mihajlovic.
- At home, Catania have netted only one goal in their last four games, but it was enough to secure a win over Bologna on the 6 January.
- Last Sunday's goalless draw with Udinese ended a run of three consecutive defeats for Parma in the league.
Genoa v Atalanta
- Genoa and Atalanta have met 53 times in the top flight so far, the Grifoni lead by 21 wins to 15, 17 draws complete the record.
- The last six meetings between these two sides have seen Genoa win three times, Atalanta once, with two draws.
- Genoa have beaten Atalanta in three of their last four meetings at the Marassi.
- The Rossoblu are unbeaten in their last six home games in the league (four wins and two draws).
- Only Siena (41) have conceded more goals than Genoa (36) so far in the league.
- Atalanta have collected only one point from their last three games on the road.
Juventus v Roma
- Next Saturday's meeting will be the 152nd between Juventus and Roma in Serie A: the Old Lady lead by 71 wins to 35 (including their 3-1 victory at the Olimpico last time out); 45 draws complete the record.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last nine league meetings with Roma, winning the last four.
- Roma have managed to score only one goal in their last four trips to Turin in Serie A.
- Juventus have lost four of their last five Serie A fixtures.
- Claudio Ranieri's side are unbeaten in the last 10 match-days (seven wins and three draws).
- The Giallorossi have scored the most goals from set pieces this term in Serie A (18).
- Alessandro Del Piero has already netted 11 goals against Roma in all competitions, but is yet to score his first goal in this campaign.
Inter v AC Milan
- Next Sunday's Milan derby will be the 152nd, despite defeat in the last meeting, back in August, AC Milan still lead by 53 wins to 49, with 49 draws rounding off the record.
- These two sides have not shared the points in the last 10 derbies played in the league: the last draw between these two sides was in October 2004, since then the Nerazzurri have won six times and the Rossoneri four.
- This will be the challenge between the two best defences of this competition (both have conceded only 19 goals); however, Mourinho's side have conceded five in their last two fixtures, while Leonardo's men kept a clean sheet against Juventus and Siena.
- The Rossoneri have won eight of their last nine league games.
- AC Milan have scored 12 goals over the last three match-days of this campaign.
- Six of these goals were netted by Ronaldinho, who will face on Sunday the team against whom he scored his first Serie A goal, in September 2008.
- The goal scored last Saturday against Bari allowed Diego Milito to become the joint-top scorer of this competition, alongside Antonio Di Natale, with 12 goals.
Lazio v Chievo
- Lazio and Chievo have met 15 times in Serie A: the Biancocelesti lead by five wins to four, with six draws completing the record.
- However, Lazio have won only once at home against Chievo, while the team from Verona have already managed three wins at the Olimpico so far, including the last meeting back in March.
- Lazio have managed only two wins in their last 18 Serie A fixtures: both wins came in their last two home games of this season against Genoa and Livorno.
- Last Sunday's win over Juventus ended a run of three consecutive defeats for Chievo in the league.
- Away from home, the team from Verona have suffered four defeats in their last five fixtures, with the win at Livorno completing the record.
- Lazio have the second-worst attack of this campaign (15 goals scored).
Livorno v Napoli
- Napoli have beaten Livorno in the last four Serie A meetings between these two sides.
- Livorno have not shared the points in the last 13 match-days, since the goalless draw in the derby with Siena, back in October; since then, Livorno have managed six wins (including those in the last two games at home), suffering seven defeats.
- Livorno have managed six wins and as many defeats since the appointment of new manager, Serse Cosmi.
- Napoli are still unbeaten since Walter Mazzarri replaced Roberto Donadoni in charge of the team (13 games, seven wins and six draws).
- Livorno have scored only 13 goals so far in this campaign, a league-low.
- At home, the Tuscans have won four of their last six fixtures, losing two.
Palermo v Fiorentina
- Fiorentina have had the better of Palermo in three of their last four Serie A meetings, Palermo's 2-0 win at the Franchi back in March, completes the record.
- The Rosanero are unbeaten in the last six match-days, in which they have managed four wins and two draws, including last Sunday's goalless draw against Napoli.
- In the last four fixtures involving Palermo, neither side has managed to score more than one goal in a single game.
- Palermo are still unbeaten at the Barcera this season (six wins, including those in the last three games, and four draws).
- Fiorentina have not shared the points in the last 11 match-days of Serie A (five wins and six defeats in the process).
Siena v Cagliari
- In the 11 Serie A games played between Siena and Cagliari both sides have won four and they have shared three draws
- Siena are unbeaten at home against the Sardinians (three wins and two draws).
- Siena have the worst defence of this competition (41 goals conceded).
- Alberto Malesani's side are on a run of four consecutive defeats.
- Cagliari are unbeaten in their last four games, and have kept a clean sheet in their last two.
- The Sardinians have conceded the fewest goals in the first 30 minutes of play (three), and the most in the first 30 minutes of the second half (13).
Udinese v Sampdoria
- These two sides have met 60 times in the top flight so far: Sampdoria lead by 25 wins to 16, with 18 draws rounding off the record.
- The Blucerchiati are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Udinese in the league, winning two and drawing as many.
- However, at the Friuli the hosts are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Samp (three wins and two draws).
- Sampdoria are winless in the last seven match-days of Serie A, in which they have picked up only three points.
- Away from home, the Blucerchiati have collected only one point in their last eight fixtures.
- Udinese have collected only two points in their last five fixtures.