Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 28-29 Jan
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania - Parma
- This will be the 10th meeting between these two sides: Catania lead the head-to-head by three wins to two, with four draws completing the record; including the 3-3 in the reverse fixture.
- This fixture has never been won by the away side in the top-flight, while at home Catania have notched up three wins and a draw against Parma so far.
- Parma have netted just one goal in their four previous visits to Catania at the Massimino.
- Sebastian Giovinco scored in both meetings against Catania last season.
- Giovinco also assisted two goals for Parma in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
- Catania have taken just a point from their last three league games, all of which have been played away from home.
- Catania have not drawn any of their last five games at home (three wins, two defeats).
- Parma have won just one of their last eight games; playing out five draws in this run.
- Parma are winless in their last six away games, and have failed to score in the last three.
- Vincenzo Montella has drawn his two previous games as a manager against Parma in Serie A, while Roberto Donadoni has a win at home and two defeats away to Catania so far.
- 67% of Catania's goals (14 out of 21) have been scored from set piece situations this season - the highest ratio in Serie A.
Cesena - Atalanta
- Atalanta are unbeaten in their seven previous meetings against Cesena in Serie A (five wins and two draws).
- Cesena have scored just two goals in total in their previous meetings against Atalanta in the top-flight.
- Only one goal has been scored in three previous meetings between these two sides (Cesena-Atalanta 0-1 back in May 1991) at the Manuzzi.
- In the reverse fixture - won 4-1 by Atalanta - Marilungo scored his second Serie A brace and the first two goals of this campaign.
- Cesena have not drawn any of their last 11 games, and have lost four of their last five in Serie A.
- Lazio were the only side able to score more than one goal at Cesena's ground, back in September. Cesena have conceded just four goals in their seven games at home soil since then.
- Atalanta have lost three games in a row for the first time since November 2009.
- Atalanta have won just one of their last nine games; this coming against Cesena (4-1) in their last game before the Christmas break, and they have failed to score in their last three fixtures.
- El Tanque Denis made his Italian debut with Cesena in the 3rd Division scoring two goals in 18 appearances in 2002/03.
- Cesena have already conceded seven goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season - a league-high.
Chievo - Lazio
- This will be the 20th meeting between these two sides: Lazio lead the head-to-head with six wins to four.
- Chievo have drawn nine games against Lazio so far, more than against any other side in Serie A.
- Chievo have only managed to beat Lazio once - in their first Serie A meeting, back in January 2002. The Biancocelesti have won on their last four visits to the Bentegodi.
- Chievo have never repeated the same result in back-to-back games over the last nine Serie A matchdays.
- In the last seven matches involving Chievo, neither side have scored more than two goals.
- Lazio have won just one of their last four games, and have lost their last two away games.
- Chievo have kept a clean sheet in their last four games at home in Serie A.
- Sergio Pellissier has already scored six goals against Lazio, more than against any other Serie A opponent, although only one of these goals was scored at the Bentegodi.
- Lazio have already recouped 13 points from losing positions - a Serie A-high this season.
Fiorentina - Siena
- Fiorentina are unbeaten at home against Siena in the top-flight, collecting four wins and two draws.
- Siena have not scored more than a one goal against Fiorentina in any of their 13 previous Serie A meetings.
- Siena have scored just two goals in their previous six visits to Fiorentina in Serie A.
- Over the last six Tuscan derbies, there were two wins for Siena, two for the Viola and also two draws.
- Fiorentina's 5-1 win in January 2010 represents Siena's second-worst defeat in their Serie A history, only after a 6-0 loss against Roma at the Olimpico in February 2004.
- Fiorentina have won just one game over the last six matchdays (3-0 against Novara); two defeats and three draws complete the record.
- Fiorentina have picked up just 10 points and two wins in nine games since the appointment of Delio Rossi.
- Emanuele Calaió has already scored eight goals in this campaign, equalling his best tally in a single Serie A season.
- Calaió has not scored in his seven previous meetings against Fiorentina in the top-flight.
Genoa - Napoli
- This will be the 80th meeting between Genoa and Napoli in Serie A: the Partenopei lead the head-to-head with 26 wins to Genoa's 24.
- Only against AC Milan (31), Genoa have played out more draws than against Napoli (29) so far in Serie A.
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last four meetings against Genoa, with the Grifoni able to score just one goal in the process.
- Prior to this run, Genoa had won five games in a row against Napoli in Serie A.
- Genoa have lost three of their last four league games, however they've won the last two at home against Bologna and Udinese.
- Napoli have managed just three wins over the last 11 Serie A matchdays, keeping only one clean sheet (0-0 against Lazio back in November).
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last four games on the road (three draws and a win).
- Marek Hamsik has netted four goals in his last five appearances against Genoa.
- Following Napoli's 6-1 win in the reverse fixture, Genoa sacked their manager Alberto Malesani and appointed Pasquale Marino.
- Since Marino took over as manager, Genoa have conceded 10 goals in three league games.
- Genoa have already given away six penalties, a joint-high in Serie A this season alongside Inter.
- Genoa have also had the most players sent off so far (seven).
- Napoli remain the only Serie A side yet to concede a goal from the penalty spot.
Juventus - Udinese
- Juventus' next victory against Udinese will be their 50th win over them in Serie A.
- Udinese have lost more games (49) and conceded more goals (152) in Serie A against Juventus than against any other side.
- However, the Old Lady have won just two of their last six meetings against Udinese.
- These two sides have not played out a draw in any of their last 17 meetings in Turin in Serie A; this since a 1-1 draw back in March 1990.
- Udinese are one of the four Serie A sides against whom Claudio Marchisio has already scored two goals, alongside AC Milan, Inter and Palermo.
- Juventus remain the only team still unbeaten amongst the top five European leagues (11 wins and eight draws).
- Juventus have regularly alternated a win and a draw over the last nine match-days of this competition.
- Juventus' last home defeat was back in March against AC Milan.
- Antonio Di Natale is currently the Serie A joint-top scorer, with AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic on 14 goals.
- Di Natale has already attempted 74 shots in this campaign, at least 21 more than any other player.
Lecce - Inter
- Lecce have already lost 23 games against Inter and have also conceded 70 goals - more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A meetings against Lecce, and have conceded just three goals in their last eight against the Salentini.
- Inter have scored in each of their last 14 league meetings against Lecce, netting an average of two goals per game.
- Lecce have already lost 12 games in Serie A in 2011-12, no side have suffered more so far this term.
- Inter are on a run of seven consecutive wins in the league. The last time that the Nerazzurri won eight in a row was between November and December 2008.
- Inter have won their last four away games by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Giampaolo Pazzini has already scored seven goals in his six previous meetings against Lecce, more than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Against Lecce, Pazzini bagged his only hat-trick in Serie A so far, when he was playing for Sampdoria.
- This fixture will see the team that hit the most woodwork (Inter, 11) playing against that with the fewest woodwork hits this term (Lecce, 1).
- Lecce have already lost 13 points from leading positions, more than any other side in this competition.
AC Milan - Cagliari
- AC Milan are unbeaten against Cagliari in 18 games, and are on a run of six consecutive wins against the Sardinians.
- The Rossoneri have scored in all of their last nine meetings against Cagliari, netting an average of 2.2 goals per game.
- The last two meetings at the San Siro between these two sides have seen the hosts score four goals.
- In their last meeting back in May, Robinho scored one of his two braces in Serie A.
- Last Sunday against Novara, AC Milan got back to winning ways after losing the derby against Inter, meaning that the Rossoneri have now won four of their last five league games.
- That defeat in the derby ended a run of six consecutive wins at home for AC Milan in Serie A.
- Lazio were the only side able to score more than one goal at the San Siro against AC Milan this season, back in September.
- AC Milan can boast of the best attack of this competition, with 40 goals, including 14 from current Serie joint-top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Cagliari have drawn their last two games: against Juventus (1-1) and Fiorentina (0-0).
- Cagliari have won just one of their last six games on the road, and have not scored more than a single goal per game during this run.
- Cagliari remain the only side yet to see one of their players sent off this season.
- AC Milan have scored the joint-most headed goals so far (7, alongside Lazio) this season, while Cagliari have scored the fewest headed goals (1).
Palermo - Novara
- Prior to the 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture, the previous 12 meetings between these two sides in Serie A had been between 1948 and 1954.
- Palermo are unbeaten at home against Novara (five wins and a draw).
- Novara have scored in each of their last 11 meetings against the Rosanero in Serie A.
- Novara's Andrea Mazzarani was instrumental in their last meeting against Palermo, scoring his first Serie A goal in the 2-2 between these two sides.
- Palermo beat Genoa 5-3 last Sunday, scoring as many goals in this match as they had in their previous eight Serie A games.
- Palermo have not played out a draw in any of their last 12 home games (nine wins and three losses).
- Novara are winless in their last seven league games, and are on a run of three consecutive defeats in which have always conceded three goals.
- Novara have the worst defence of this competition (38 goals conceded).
- Novara have also conceded the most headed goals so far (eight).
- Novara remain the only Serie A side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of play, but they have also scored the most goals in the final 15 minutes (11).
Roma - Bologna
- These two sides have met 129 times in the top-flight: Bologna lead the head-to-head record by 47 wins to Roma's 44, with 38 draws.
- Bologna have won against Roma more often than against any other Serie A opponent.
- Bologna have scored 68 goals away at Roma; more than against any other team away from home.
- However, Roma are unbeaten in their last eight meetings against Bologna in Serie A (five wins and three draws).
- Roma have scored in all of their last 21 meetings against Bologna at the Olimpico, netting two goals a game on average.
- Roma are on a run of four consecutive wins, their best run in Serie A since April 2010 when they won six in a row.
- Only two teams (AC Milan and Cagliari) have managed to score more than a single goal at the Stadio Olimpico this term in Serie A.
- Bologna have won just one of their last six league games, losing two.
- In their last visit to Roma in September 2010, Marco Di Vaio scored a brace that allowed his side to come back from 0-2 down and draw 2-2 against the Giallorossi.
- Di Vaio has already scored seven goals against Roma in Serie A.
- Roma are the only Serie A side to have lost each of their games after falling behind this season (six).