Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 7-9 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Parma
- This will be the 24th derby of Emilia in Serie A: Bologna lead by eight wins to seven, with eight draws rounding off the record.
- These two sides met in 2004/05, in the play-off to avoid relegation to Serie B: on that occasion both games were won by the away side, but Parma stayed up on goal difference.
- Parma have won only one of their last nine Serie A meetings with Bologna.
- At the Dall'Ara, Bologna are unbeaten with the Ducali in eight league meetings, winning six.
- Bologna are on a run of five consecutive defeats in Serie A, and have failed to score in their last four.
- Bologna's last home win was back in February against Palermo (1-0); since then, they have picked up only two points in five games at their own ground.
- Parma have notched up three wins in a row, against Inter, Udinese and Palermo; the last time they managed four consecutive wins in Serie A was in March 2006.
- Parma have not conceded in three of their last four games on the road in Serie A.
Brescia v Catania
- The three previous meetings between Brescia and Catania in the top-flight have seen both teams winning once, and one draw.
- The only previous meeting at the Rigamonti between these sides was won 4-1 by the hosts back in 1965.
- Brescia have managed only one win in their last 11 Serie A fixtures, sharing the points six times in this period.
- However the Rondinelle have suffered only one defeat (0-1 against AC Milan) in their last four home games.
- Catania are the only Serie A side yet to win an away game this season; their last win on the road was in February 2010, at the Olimpico against Lazio (1-0).
- Taking into account only the away games of this campaign, the Sicilians would be bottom of the Serie A table on six points.
- Matias Silvestre has been the most prolific defender in Serie A this season (five goals).
- Andrea Caracciolo has scored four of Brescia's last five goals in this campaign.
- Brescia have netted only 12 goals after the break, the fewest in Serie A.
Cagliari v Cesena
- Cesena are unbeaten in 13 meetings with Cagliari in Serie A (five wins and eight draws, five of which by 0-0).
- Five of the six previous meetings played in Sardinia between these two sides have ended as draws (three of which were goalless).
- Cagliari are winless in their last four league games (two draws, followed by two defeats): their worst run under Roberto Donandoni.
- Prior to last Saturday's defeat against Inter, Cesena had remained unbeaten in four consecutive match-days (two draws, two wins).
- Cesena have suffered only one defeat in their last five games on the road, in Rome against Lazio (0-1).
- Cesena have conceded 15 goals in the last 10 minutes of play this season, more than any other Serie A side.
- Their next defeat will be Cesena's 100th away from home in the top-flight.
Genoa v Sampdoria
- This will be the 72nd derby of Genoa in Serie A: Sampdoria lead by 24 wins to 22, but the result that has accrued the most so far is the draw (25 times).
- With Genoa as the home side, the derby is in perfect balance: 11 wins for both clubs and 13 draws.
- Genoa have had the better in four of the last five derbies, Sampdoria won the other.
- The Grifoni have lost only one of their last seven home games, winning five of these.
- The goal scored by Nicola Pozzi in their last away game against Bari, ended Sampdoria's nine-game goalless run on the road in this competition.
- Sampdoria scored three goals in their last game, one more than they had netted in their previous six Serie A fixtures.
- Sampdoria have failed to score in 19 games this season, more than any other Serie A side.
- Last Sunday, Argentine Fernando Tissone, was the second foreign player to score a goal for Sampdoria in this campaign, after Reto Ziegler back in October against Fiorentina.
- Davide Ballardini is unbeaten against Sampdoria in Serie A as a manager (two wins and three draws so far).
Inter v Fiorentina
- Inter are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A meetings with Fiorentina, and have won seven of these.
- At the San Siro, the Nerazzurri have won their last eight games with the Viola, without conceding goals in the last three.
- Leonardo's side have recorded four wins and two defeats in the last six match-days of this campaign.
- Inter have recorded 11 consecutive wins at home, scoring on average 3.1 goals per game.
- Fiorentina have suffered only one defeat in their last 10 Serie A games, at home against AC Milan.
- Away from home, the Viola have alternated between a win and a draw in their last six games in the league.
- Alessio Cerci has scored four goals and assisted one in the last two match-days of this campaign.
- Fiorentina have already scored 12 goals from outside the box this term - a league-high.
- Giampaolo Pazzini has bagged eight goals since joining Inter in January, all coming in the second half.
Juventus v Chievo
- Juventus have won only one of their last four Serie A meetings with Chievo.
- However, at home the Old Lady are unbeaten against Chievo in the top-flight, in light of six wins and a draw.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last seven games (four wins and three draws).
- Juventus have already conceded 27 goals in 17 away games this season, more than any other side in this competition.
- At home, Gigi Del Neri's side have kept only two clean sheets so far (against Lecce and Inter), less than any other club in this campaign.
- In none of Chievo's last five Serie A fixtures have both sides scored; only six goals were scored overall in these games.
- Away from home, Chievo have lost four of their last five league games, winning at Bari.
- Chievo have conceded only 12 goals in the second half, fewer than any other side this term in Italy.
Lecce v Napoli
- Napoli are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Lecce in Serie A.
- However, Lecce have suffered only one defeat in the eight previous occasions they have hosted Napoli at the Via del Mare.
- Lecce have picked up only one point from their last three Serie A games.
- Napoli have won five of their last seven fixtures, losing the other two.
- Away from home the Partenopei have not shared the points in 13 Serie A fixtures (six wins and seven defeats).
- Napoli have won 10 games after being level at half time, more than any other side in this competition.
- This game will see the team who have scored the most goals in the final 15 minutes (Napoli, 21) meet that that has conceded the most in the same period (Lecce, 17).
- Napoli have netted 18 goals in the last 10 minutes of play, only one less than the total of those they have scored in the first half this season.
Palermo v Bari
- Palermo's last win against Bari in the top-flight was back in February 1950 (2-1 in Sicily); since then these two sides have met seven times, with Bari having the better three times, four draws complete the record.
- The last three meetings between these two sides at Palermo have ended as draws (two 1-1 and one 0-0).
- Bari have never scored more than a single goal in their previous seven visits to Palermo in Serie A.
- Palermo have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 Serie A fixtures, at home against AC Milan back in March.
- Relegated Bari have lost their last three consecutive games; overall they have lost 22 games in this campaign, more than any other side.
- Bari have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last five games on the road.
Roma v AC Milan
- AC Milan need one point at the Olimpico to secure their 18th Scudetto.
- The Rossoneri have beaten Roma only once in the last five seasons; five wins for the Giallorossi and three draws in the process.
- AC Milan have not scored in their last two meetings with Roma.
- Three of the last four meetings at the Olimpico between these two sides have ended as draws.
- Overall, AC Milan are unbeaten in their last four trips to Rome (two draws against the Giallorossi, one win and a draw against Lazio).
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have kept a clean sheet in 18 of their 35 games this season, a record amongst the top-five European leagues this term.
- With the brace scored against Bari on Sunday, Francesco Totti reached 206 goals in Serie A, overtaking Roberto Baggio as the fifth-highest goalscorer ever in this competition.
- Roma have won only two of their last seven home games, while AC Milan have picked up 12 of the last 15 points available away from home.
- AC Milan are the only Serie A side with three players to have scored at least 10 goals this season: 14 for Ibrahimovic and Pato, 12 for Robinho.
Udinese v Lazio
- Udinese have won only one of their last six Serie A games against Lazio, the Biancocelesti have had the better in the last two.
- The last three meetings at the Friuli between these two sides have ended as draws.
- Udinese have suffered four defeats in their last five games, winning only their game at the San Paolo against Napoli.
- Lazio have not shared the points in their last 11 Serie A games: six wins and five defeats, including those in the last two against Inter and Juventus.
- Lazio have lost four of their last five games on the road, winning only at Catania (4-1).
- Antonio Di Natale has already scored eight goals against Lazio in Serie A; only against Roma (10) has he scored more.
- Lazio have had five players sent off in the last seven match-days of this competition.