Italian Serie A Opta Stats - 12-13 September
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Atalanta v Sampdoria
- Atalanta and Sampdoria have met 18 times so far in the top flight and only drawn once, eight wins to the Nerazzurri and nine to the Blucerchiati complete the record.
- Atalanta have beaten Sampdoria in the last three league games played by the two sides in Bergamo, scoring 11 goals along the way.
- Cristiano Doni & co. are on a run of three consecutive defeats run in Serie A, and have managed only one win in their last 12 league games between this season and last.
- The Blucerchiati have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 away games in the league.
- Atalanta are the only side in Serie A yet to score this term.
Bologna v Chievo
- Bologna and Chievo have faced each other 10 times in the top flight, so far honours are even with three wins each and four draws.
- However, Bologna are unbeaten against Chievo at home in Serie A, in light of the three wins and two draws in the five meetings played so far at the Dall'Ara.
- Chievo have failed to win in their last eight league games, and have lost their last three consecutive fixtures (last season's last and this season's first two), scoring just one goal in the process.
- Domenico Di Carlo's players have failed to score a single goal in three of their last four league games away from home.
Fiorentina v Cagliari
- At home Fiorentina are unbeaten against Cagliari since April 1972. Since then, the Viola have hosted the Sardinians 21 times in the league, taking all three points on 18 occasions (including the last 14).
- Fiorentina and Cagliari have shared the points in the league only once in their last 11 Serie A meetings (a goalless draw at the Sant'Elia, in March 2006).
- Cagliari have managed just one win in the last eight match-days of Serie A between this season and last.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side have conceded three goals so far this term, all of which were headed goals and all coming in the defeat against Siena.
- The Sardinians have picked up only two points in their last six games on the road, conceding on average three goals per game in the process.
Genoa v Napoli
- Genoa have won the last four games they have played against Napoli in Serie A.
- Napoli have had the better of the Grifoni just once in their last nine Serie A meetings (a 1-0 win at the San Paolo, in February 1995).
- Genoa are on a seven game unbeaten run in Serie A, as a result of five wins (including the first two of this campaign) and two draws.
- The Partenopei's last away win was back in October 2008, when they had the better of Lazio at the Olimpico. Since then, Napoli have picked up only three points away from home, and failed to keep a single clean sheet.
- Three of Genoa's four goals of this campaign have been scored during the second half, continuing last season's trend that saw the Grifoni net 77% of their goals (43 out of 56) after half time.
Inter v Parma
- Inter have won their last three Serie A meetings with Parma, including the last one that handed the Scudetto to the Nerazzurri and relegation to Parma in 2007/08.
- Parma have managed to win on Inter's home soil just once in the 18 league games played at the San Siro between these two sides so far (1-3, back in May 1999).
- The Nerazzurri are unbeaten at home in their last 23 Serie A fixtures; Inter's last defeat on home soil was back in March 2008, a 2-1 defeat against Juventus.
- At the San Siro, Inter have failed to score only once in their last 77 league games, in October 2008 when they were held to a goalless draw by Genoa.
- Inter have not conceded a penalty since March 2008, currently the longest run in Serie A.
- José Mourinho's team are also the only side to have already won two penalties in this campaign.
Lazio v Juventus
- Juventus are unbeaten against Lazio in nine league games - six wins to the Bianconeri and three draws.
- Juventus have won all their games since the appointment of new manager Ciro Ferrara (four games), conceding just one goal in the process.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A games played at the Olimpico against Roma and Lazio: six wins (two of them against Lazio) and three draws in the process.
- Juventus have attempted the most headed shots in the first two match-days of this campaign (nine).
Livorno v AC Milan
- Livorno have picked up only two points from their last six meetings against AC Milan in the league.
- The Rossoneri have managed only two wins in their last six Serie A games between this and last season.
- However, AC Milan have been successful in four of their last five away games in the league, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Midfielder Massimo Ambrosini and striker Pato have scored six of AC Milan's last seven goals in the league, three each.