Italian Serie A Opta Stats - 26-27 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Catania v Roma
- Roma have won seven of their last 10 Serie A meetings with Catania - the Sicilians have managed only one win in this period, but it came last in their last meeting at the Massimino.
- Catania have scored six goals in their last two meetings with the Giallorossi, but they managed to win in only one of these.
- Japanese striker Morimoto netted three goals against Roma last season, one at the Olimpico and two at the Massimino.
- Catania have taken all three points on only one occasion over their last five home fixtures, suffering three defeats and one draw in the process.
- Roma have managed only two away wins in the last 11 played in the league, drawing five and losing the other four.
- Roma have failed to keep a single clean sheet in their last 11 away games in the league, and have conceded more than one goal in 10 of these games.
Chievo v Atalanta
- This will be the 11th meeting between Chievo and Atalanta in the top flight. The side from Veneto lead the head to head record with five wins to three.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last five home fixtures, but Atalanta have managed to hold the hosts to a draw in their last two visits at the Bentegodi.
- Chievo have won only three of their last 20 home fixtures in the league, including last Sunday's win over Genoa.
- Atalanta have picked up only one point from their last five away games - a record arching over this and last season.
- Domenico Di Carlo and Antonio Conte, will meet for the first time in this meeting.
Juventus v Bologna
- Bologna's last win against Juventus in Serie A came back in 1998/99 - since then the Old Lady have won 11 of the following 15 meetings, including last six.
- In the two fixtures between these two sides last season, Juventus scored a total of six goals (four at home).
- In the 14 games played at Juventus since 1980, Bologna have gained only four points in total.
- Ciro Ferrara's side are on a run of three consecutive wins at home in the league - conceding only one goal in the process.
- Bologna have failed to score in each of their last three games away from home (two goalless draws and one defeat).
Lazio v Palermo
- Lazio and Palermo have shared the points only once in their last eight meetings in the league.
- The last draw played between these two sides at the Olimpico was in 1951/52 - since then, Lazio have beaten Palermo 11 times, winning on eight occasions.
- Lazio have won four and lost five of their last nine home fixtures in Serie A.
- Palermo have picked up only two points from their last seven games away from home in Serie A.
- The Rosanero have failed to score in four of their last five away games in the league.
- Davide Ballardini will face his former team for the first time. Ballardini lost both of his two meetings against Walter Zenga in the league (last season's two Sicilian derbies were both won by Catania).
Livorno v Fiorentina
- This will be the 27th Tuscan derby between Livorno and Fiorentina in the top flight. The Viola have won 10 of these games and Livorno have been successful on nine occasions.
- However, Fiorentina have had the better in the last three meetings against Livorno.
- The Viola won 3-0 on the last occasion that they visited Livorno; this after suffering three defeats without scoring a goal in the previous three visits in Serie A.
- Livorno are winless in the last eight home fixtures in Serie A and failed to score a single goal in their last three (two this season and one in May 2008, before relegation to Serie B).
- Livorno have scored just one goal in their first five league games this season.
AC Milan v Bari
- AC Milan have won each of their last three Serie A meetings against Bari, scoring a total 11 goals, before their relegation to Serie B.
- Bari's last win at the San Siro came back in May 1995 - since then, the Rossoneri have collected four wins and there has been one draw.
- AC Milan's win against Bologna last weekend ended a three game winless run at home for the Rossoneri.
- Bari have not won a single game in their last 19 matches away from home in Serie A. They have two draws this term added to their 17 matches without a win before relegation to Serie B in 2000/01.
- Leonardo will host experienced colleague Giampiero Ventura, who remained unbeaten in his first visit at the San Siro this season (1-1 against Inter).
- Milan have failed to score in three of their five games so far.
Napoli v Siena
- Napoli and Siena have faced each other four times in the top flight so far, with both sides collecting a win each and the other two meetings ending in a draw.
- Napoli have managed only three wins in their last 12 home fixtures in the league.
- Siena have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 league games away from home (last season in Catania).
- Roberto Donadoni and Marco Giampaolo have both collected a win in the two previous meetings between these two managers in the top flight.
- Napoli have conceded nine goals in their last three away games, compared to only one in the two played at home this term.
Parma v Cagliari
- Three of the last four Serie A meetings between Parma and Cagliari have ended in a draw, with Parma winning the other meeting.
- Parma are unbeaten at the Tardini against Cagliari in their 13 previous meetings in the top flight (10 wins and three draws).
- Parma have won both of their two home fixtures this term, against the two Sicilian sides; Catania and Palermo.
- This will be the first meeting between the two managers; Francesco Guidolin and Massimiliano Allegri, in the top flight.
- Parma have won three and lost only one of their last four games in Serie A so far this term.
Sampdoria v Inter
- Inter are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings against Sampdoria in the top flight. Samp's last success in this fixture was back in 1998/99 (a 4-0 win at the Marassi).
- Sampdoria's last defeat at home came last January (0-2 against Palermo); since then, the Blucerchiati have notched up six wins and five draws at their home ground.
- The only previous meetings between Luigi Del Neri and José Mourinho were those played last season (when Del Neri was at Atalanta) - both managers collected a win each.
- Excluding their 4-3 derby win, Inter have conceded three goals away from home only once in the last four years, against Del Neri's Atalanta.
- Antonio Cassano has already supplied four assists this season.
- 10 of the 12 goals scored by Inter have been netted by players signed in the summer.
Udinese v Genoa
- Udinese have picked up only one point from their last seven meetings against Genoa in the top flight (the last played at the Friuli).
- Udinese are unbeaten in the last seven home fixtures in the league (six wins and one draw).
- Pasquale Marino's side have averaged 2.6 goals per game in their last six at home.
- Current Genoa boss, Giampiero Gasperini, is unbeaten against Pasquale Marino in the top flight, collecting three wins and one draw so far.
- After shipping seven goals in their first three games of the season, Udinese have kept two clean sheets in their last two.
- Antonio Di Natale has scored seven goals in the first five games of this season.