La Liga Opta Facts: 11-14 Sept
Click here for our wide range of markets on the Spanish La Liga and UK, European and Worldwide Leagues
Espanyol v Real Madrid
- The Parakeets are without a win in 15 against Real Madrid in La Liga (D3 L12), last beating them back in October 2007 (2-1).
- The Whites have scored at least once in each of their last 19 league clashes with Espanyol (49 goals in total, 2.58 per game).
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in 12 league games (W10 D2), averaging 3.75 goals per game in this run.
- Real Madrid have scored on each of their last nine visits to Catalonia in the top-flight, netting a total of 17 goals.
- The last two times these sides faced off in the third matchday of the season, both came in Catalonia and both ended 1-0 to Espanyol.
- Real Madrid have won more games (95) and scored more goals (353) against Espanyol than any other opponent in their La Liga history.
- The Catalans have had a league-low 10 shots this season, the side from the capital a league-high 48.
- Espanyol's two goals so far this season have both arrived in the opening five minutes of play.
- Only once in his La Liga career (2010/11) has Cristiano Ronaldo failed to score in his first three games of a season.
- The Portuguese flyer has directly contributed to his side's last four goals against Espanyol in La Liga, however (three goals, one assist).
Betis v Real Sociedad
- Betis have conceded 28 goals in their last 12 Primera Division games (W2 D1 L9), an average of 2.3 goals per game.
- Real Betis are without a win in six top-flight meetings with Basque sides (D2 L4), failing to score in each of the last two.
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in three league clashes with Betis (W2 D1), scoring nine goals in the process.
- The Basque side have started a top-flight season with two consecutive clean sheets for the first time since 1996/97.
- For the second successive La Liga season, Real Betis have failed to win any of their opening two games; they were relegated last time.
- Over the last two La Liga seasons only two players have recorded a hat-trick of assists; Ruben Pardo v Betis in 2013/14 and Nolito v Rayo in 2014/15.
- Since January 2011, Real Betis have the worst penalty conversion rate in La Liga (58%, 2+ penalties taken).
- Only Kameni (15) has faced more shots on target this season than Adan (13).
Atletico v Barcelona
- Los Colchoneros are winless in 10 against Barcelona (D2 L8); their longest drought in top-flight history.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in 16 league games (W14 D2), scoring in every game in this run.
- Away from home the Catalans are unbeaten in 11 (W10 D1), keeping eight clean sheets in the process.
- Barcelona have scored just twice in two games this season; their worst goal tally at this stage since 2008/09.
- Diego Simeone has never beaten Barcelona as a La Liga manager (D2 L5).
- Atletico have conceded more goals to Barca than any other opponent in their top-flight history (307).
- Atleti have scored a league-high three goals from outside the area this term.
- Since Diego Simeone took charge, Atletico have not lost any of their opening three games of a La Liga season.
- Barcelona have needed 8.5 shots on target to score on average this season in La Liga, Atletico just 2.5.
- Lionel Messi has participated in his side's last three La Liga goals against Atleti (two goals, one assist).
Rayo Vallecano v Deportivo
- Rayo are without a win in three La Liga meetings with Deportivo, drawing two and losing one.
- This will be the 21st top-flight meeting between these sides and Rayo have only won three so far (D10 L7).
- The Galician side have only won one of their last 18 league games (D10 L7).
- Deportivo have only won one of their last 25 league meetings against sides from Madrid (D6 L18).
- Deportivo have lost 11 of their last 12 trips to the Comunidad de Madrid, though they did win 2-1 in Vallecas last season.
- Against no side have Rayo Vallecano drawn more La Liga games than they have against Depor (10).
- Four of Rayo's last five top-flight goals against Deportivo have arrived in the first-half.
- Celso Borges' last La Liga brace came in Vallecas last season; it was also his debut in the Spanish top-flight.
- Lucas Perez has scored more goals than any other Deportivo player since the Galician side were last promoted (7).
Athletic v Getafe
- The Basque side have won their last four league meetings with Getafe, conceding just one goal in total and averaging two goals per game themselves.
- Indeed Athletic Club have kept a clean sheet in their last four league meetings with sides from Madrid (W3 D1).
- Getafe have lost their last five away league games, conceding 20 goals and scoring just three (failing to score four times in the process).
- The Blues only kept one clean sheet on the road in the entire 2014/15 season, conceding 2.21 goals per game in the process.
- Aritz Aduriz has scored nine La Liga goals against Getafe; against no side has he netted more often in the top-flight (level with Levante).
- Only once before have Getafe lost their first three games of a La Liga season; their debut top-flight campaign of 2004/05.
- Fran Escriba is one of only three Spanish managers to have collected an away win at the new San Mames (Luis Enrique and Joaquin Caparros).
- Eight of the Lions' last 12 league goals against Getafe have come in the second-half.
- Athletic have conceded a league-high two penalties this season.
Levante v Sevilla
- Levante are without a win in six league games (D3 L3), failing to score in four of them.
- Sevilla are now unbeaten in eight away league games (W5 D3) for the first time since October 2008.
- Sevilla have failed to score in their first two games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1967/68; they did not go consecutive games without netting in the whole 2014/15 season.
- Levante only lost one of their 10 games against Andalusian teams last season (W6 D3) but it was in this exact fixture (1-2).
- Fernando Llorente has scored five goals in 10 league appearances against Levante.
- Sevilla's first away win in their first ever Champions League campaign came in Orriols (2-0); it was also Juande Ramos's last ever La Liga game in charge of the Andalusians.
- Sevilla have conceded eight goals in three competitive games this term, with four of them coming from outside the area.
- Levante have the lowest average possession in La Liga this term (31.5%).
- Only Real Madrid (48) have had more total shots than Sevilla (35) this season.
Sporting v Valencia
- Sporting have started a La Liga season with two consecutive clean sheets (D2) for the first time.
- The side from Asturias are without a win in seven against Los Che in La Liga (D3 L4), failing to score in each of the last four.
- Sporting have not beaten Valencia at El Molinon in La Liga since 1997 (2-1).
- Valencia are unbeaten in eight league games (W3 D5), scoring 15 times in the process.
- Sporting were the only team to name the same XI in both of their opening two La Liga matches this season.
- Alvaro Negredo has scored in consecutive matches for the first time since moving to Valencia (v Monaco in the CL qualifiers and Deportivo in La Liga).
- Sporting have had fewer shots on target than any other La Liga side this season (2).
- Former Sporting academy player Javi Fuego has played more games in all competitions for Valencia under Nuno than any other player (42).
- No player has committed more fouls without being booked this season than Bernardo (seven, level with Pablo Hernandez).
Celta v Las Palmas
- Celta Vigo have scored in each of their last 11 league matches (W6 D4 L1), averaging 2.09 goals per game in this run.
- Celta are unbeaten in seven league matches (W4 D3); their best run since May 2003.
- The three players to have made the most passes in La Liga this term all play for Celta Vigo (Augusto 180, Fontas 178 and Cabral 172).
- The Canaries are without a win in nine top-flight games (D5 L4); their worst run since March 1983.
- Las Palmas have failed to score in their first two La Liga games for the first time since the 1977/78 season, though they did avoid relegation back then.
- Nolito has participated in more La Liga goals than any other Spaniard in 2015 (10 goals, nine assists).
- Paco Herrera has not won a La Liga game since January 2013, during his spell in charge of Celta Vigo (3-1 v Real Valladolid).
- Celta have won their last three league games; their best run under Eduardo Berizzo.
- Las Palmas have the lowest shooting accuracy in La Liga this term (17.65%).
Granada v Villarreal
- Granada have scored at least once in both games this season (W1 L1); they have not scored in their first three La Liga games since 1973/74.
- Granada are unbeaten in three previous top-flight home meetings with Villarreal (W2 D1); keeping a clean sheet in all three matches.
- The Yellow Submarine are without a win in 12 away league games (D9 L3); their longest run since January 2012.
- This will be the third time these sides have met on MD3 in La Liga; Granada are unbeaten in the previous two, which both came in Andalusia.
- Roberto Soldado has participated in more goals than any other La Liga player this term (two goals, two assists).
- Since moving to Granada, Youssef El-Arabi has scored more goals than any other African player in La Liga (29).
- Soldado has already scored two league goals this season; excluding penalties, he is just one short of his Premier League career total of three.
- Granada are the only team to have scored a fast break goal in La Liga this term.
- Cedric Bakambu is the only player to have scored a brace off the bench in La Liga this season; three of the five players to do it last season also played for Villarreal.
Malaga v Eibar
- Both previous top-flight clashes between these sides came last season, with Malaga and Eibar claiming one victory apiece.
- Malaga have only won one of their last 13 league games (D4 L8), conceding in 12 of them.
- Malaga are without a win in six home league games (D4 L2); their worst run on home soil since October 2010.
- Los Armeros are on their best ever top-flight run of three successive wins, scoring at least twice in each victory.
- Eibar have scored all three penalties they have won in the top-flight.
- Adrian Gonzalez has scored in his last two top-flight games; no player has ever scored in three consecutive La Liga matches for Eibar.
- Carlos Kameni has made the most saves in La Liga this term (14), while Eibar stopper Xabi Irureta made the most saves last season (118).
- Jose Luis Mendilibar has only won one of his 10 meetings with Malaga as a La Liga manager (D5 L4).
- Eibar have the best shot conversion rate in La Liga this term (31.25%).