La Liga Opta Facts - 12-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almería v Atlético Madrid
- Almería are unbeaten at home against Atlético in Primera (two draws, one win).
- The three top-flight games between the sides at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos have seen just three goals.
- Almería are the only side not to have kept a clean sheet at home in the league this season.
- However the Andalucians are unbeaten in their last five league games at home.
- Atlético are unbeaten in their last four league games, their best run this season.
- The last time the colchoneros managed five games unbeaten in La Liga was in May 2009.
- Quique Sánchez Flores´ men have conceded the most goals from outside the area in the Spanish top flight this season (10).
- Atlético have used the joint-fewest players in the league this season (22).
- Despite this, they have not named an unchanged starting XI in the league since November 2008 (vs Numancia).
Espanyol v Deportivo La Coruña
- Espanyol have won their last three league games at home to Depor.
- Both sides have won exactly four times in their last eight meetings in Primera (no draws).
- Espanyol have lost six of their last seven league games in Liga BBVA.
- This is the fourth season in a row where the Catalonians have undergone a run of six defeats in seven league games.
- However not since December 2003 have they lost seven of eight in the league.
- Espanyol have drawn the fewest league matches this season (just one).
- Deportivo are on a run of five games unbeaten in the league (three draws).
- This is the first time they have been unbeaten in as many league games since May 2009.
- Depor have drawn more games 0-0 than any side in Liga BBVA this season (six).
- Espanyol have scored the joint-fewest headed goals in the league this season (two).
- The Catalonians have lost every league match in which they have gone behind at home this season (four times).
Getafe v Athletic Bilbao
- Athletic Bilbao have never won at Getafe in the top flight, managing just three draws in six trips to the Coliseum.
- With their win over Sevilla, the Basque side ended a run of four straight league defeats.
- All but two of the 27 goals scored between Getafe and Athletic in the top flight have been netted by Spaniards.
- The azulones are on a run of five league games without a win.
- This game is a clash between the side with the most headed goals (Athletic, 15) and the side with the fewest (Getafe, two) in Liga BBVA this season.
- Athletic Bilbao have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of games in La Liga this season (10).
- Carlos Gurpegi has received the most yellow cards in the league this season.
- Fernando Llorente has committed the most fouls in Liga BBVA this season (74).
Levante v Mallorca
- Levante are without a win in their last five league meetings with Mallorca (four defeats).
- The granotas have lost just one of their last seven league matches, winning their last four at home.
- Four straight league home wins in a single season is Levante´s joint-best record in Primera.
- Felipe Caicedo has scored in Levante´s last four league matches at the Ciutat de Valencia.
- Only one player (David Trezeguet) has managed to score in more than four straight home games in the league this season.
- Mallorca have taken just seven points from the last 27 available in the league.
- The bermellones have won only one of the 10 league games that they have been drawing at half-time in the league this season.
Osasuna v Racing Santander
- Racing have won on their last four league visits to the Reyno de Navarra.
- Osasuna are the only side the montañeros have beaten in four consecutive away matches in Primera.
- Overall, Osasuna are without a win in 11 league meetings with Racing.
- Osasuna are unbeaten in their last six league matches at home (three wins, three draws).
- During this run, they have conceded just one goal in total.
- Racing Santander are on a run of three straight league games unbeaten away from home.
- The racinguistas have not scored more than once in a single away match in the league this season.
- Osasuna are one of only three teams (along with Barcelona and Real Madrid) who have won every league match in which they have been leading at half time this season (four).
- Racing´s games have produced three of the four goals that have come from parts of the body other than the head and feet in Liga BBVA this season.
- Five different players have taken penalties for Racing this season, only one has scored (Pinillos).
Real Madrid v Hércules
- Hércules have won just two of their 39 league meetings with Real Madrid, one in 1985 and one in 1940.
- However both of these wins were by a score of 1-0 at the Bernabeú.
- The merengues have won their last five league clashes with Hércules, scoring at least three goals in each game.
- Real Madrid have won their last seven league matches without Cristiano Ronaldo.
- A win for the José Mourinho´s men in this match would make them only the 11th side to win their opening 14 home games in Primera.
- By contrast, should they fail to find the net here, only one side (Deportivo, two in 1964/65) would have ever scored fewer away goals after 15 matches than Hércules (currently three).
- Hércules have won more matches after losing at half-time than any Liga BBVA side this season (three).
- Real Madrid remain the only side to have not dropped a single point after taking the lead in a Liga BBVA match this season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored a higher proportion of his side´s goals than any player this season (42%).
- However second in this category is David Trezeguet of Hércules (40%).
Real Sociedad v Málaga
- Real Sociedad have lost just one of their last nine matches at home to the boquerones in the top flight.
- Málaga have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 meetings with Erreala.
- Only Barcelona (one) have failed to score in fewer LigaBBVA matches this season than Real Sociedad (two).
- Real Sociedad are unbeaten in their last four league games at home (three wins).
- If only away form counted in Liga BBVA this season, Málaga would be ninth.
- Despite this, the Andalucians have conceded the most goals away from home in the competition (34).
- Málaga have conceded four or more goals in four of their last seven league games on the road.
- Bottom-placed Málaga have scored at least six more goals than all eight of the teams directly above them in the table.
Real Zaragoza v Valencia
- Real Zaragoza have won just one of their last 18 league meetings with Valencia.
- However this did come in their last clash at La Romareda (1-0 last March).
- Los maños have lost just one of their last six league games at home.
- Valencia have won their last three away matches, all by a score of 2-1.
- A win in this match would mean los che (currently 29) have picked up more points away from home in the league this season than Real Madrid (28) in as many games (14).
- Real Zaragoza are one of two teams in La Liga this season without a player who has scored at least five goals this season.
Sevilla v Barcelona
- Barcelona have averaged just 1.2 goals per game in the league at Sevilla, their lowest at any top-flight side after Real Madrid (1.1).
- However the Blaugrana are unbeaten at the Sánchez Pizjuán in four years, winning twice and drawing once since.
- Overall, Barça are unbeaten in seven league meetings with Sevilla.
- Sevilla have scored just one first-half goal in their last seven league meetings with the Blaugrana.
- Barcelona have scored in 15 consecutive league meetings with the nervionenses.
- Sevilla are unbeaten in their last four league matches at home, notching up three wins in the process.
- The Andalucians are unbeaten in the last four league matches when they have failed to score at home (all 0-0).
- Barcelona have scored the most goals in the 15 minutes after the break in Liga BBVA (14), while Sevilla have conceded the most in this period (10).
- Álvaro Negredo has hit the post on more occasions than any other player in La Liga this season (five).
- David Villa´s only four-goal haul in Primera came against Sevilla with Zaragoza in 2004.
Villarreal v Sporting Gijón
- Villarreal have lost just one of their five top-flight meetings with Sporting, winning three.
- The last three league meetings between the sides have produced just four goals in total.
- Three of Villarreal´s five goals against Sporting in the top flight have been hit by Giuseppe Rossi.
- Villarreal have won only one of their last six league matches, their poorest run since the start of last season.
- Despite this, they have the third best home record in La Liga this season, with just one defeat.
- Sporting have failed to score in their last three away games.
- Hércules are the only side to have not found the net in four straight league games on the road this season.
- Only Barcelona (13) have scored more goals from outside the box than Villarreal (10) in the league this season.