La Liga Opta Facts - 25-26 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic de Bilbao - Atlético de Madrid
- None of the last 11 clashes between Athletic and Atlético has ended in a draw (four Bilbao wins, seven for Atlético).
- The Basque side have won just one of their last six league games at home to Atlético (four defeats).
- No side has won more often at San Mamés in La Liga in the last five seasons than Atlético (four wins).
- The colchoneros have scored five goals in the last 15 minutes of their last five league matches at Athletic.
- Only Barcelona (22) and Real Madrid (27) have managed more wins at Athletic Bilbao in Primera than Atlético (21).
- Atlético have failed to score in their last three away games in the league: the last time they failed to score in four on the road was in 2005.
- Athletic have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league games at home: it is nine years since they went 10 consecutive top-flight games without a clean sheet on their own turf.
- Atlético have netted just one goal in their last four league matches combined.
- The Basque side have conceded at least once in their last 19 games in Primera: this is only the second time in their history that they have gone this long without a clean sheet (34 games in 2002-2003).
Espanyol - Real Betis
- The last time Betis lost four straight games in Primera they were relegated (2008/09) as they were the last time they lost five in a row (1990/91).
- This will be Betis' first league match at Cornellá-El Prat.
- The periquitos have scored in their last 11 league games at home to Betis.
- All but one (the first) of the Catalonians' league goals this season have come in the second half.
- Betis have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of LigaBBVA matches this season (five).
- Pepe Mel's side have conceded the most right-footed goals in LigaBBVA this season (10).
- Espanyol and Betis have both won all four league matches in which they have scored first this season, and lost all four after conceding first.
- Vladimir Weiss has played in three matches this season, all as a substitute, and has been booked in each one.
- José Antonio Teixeira Vitienes has been in charge of the most draws in LigaBBVA this season.
Getafe - Osasuna
- Getafe have only lost one of their seven matches at home to Osasuna in the top flight.
- The last three league meetings between the azulones and Osasuna have produced only two goals in total (both by Osasuna).
- Osasuna have failed to score in 10 of their 14 meetings with Getafe in Primera.
- Getafe have won seven games against Osasuna in Primera, their joint-most along with Sevilla.
- 10 of Getafe's last 11 goals against Osasuna have come in the second half.
- Getafe have conceded just two goals in their last seven league games at home combined.
- Getafe-Osasuna was one of only three LigaBBVA matches last season not to see a single card.
- The rojillos have won just three of their last 31 league games on the road.
- Getafe's last two league games have ended goalless.
Granada - Barcelona
- Barcelona have won 26 of their 34 league matches against Granada (four draws, four defeats).
- The azulgrana have won all 17 games at home to Granada in the top flight (17), averaging 3.8 goals per game, but just nine of 17 at Granada.
- Granada's two biggest defeats in the top flight have both been against Barcelona (0-4 in 57/58 and 8-2 in 60/61).
- Granada are the lowest scorers in LigaBBVA so far (two goals, both in the second half).
- The Andalucian side have won none of the six league matches in which they have conceded the first goal this season (five defeats, one draw).
- Pep Guardiola's men have only won two of their last seven away games in La Liga.
- Barça are the only side to have scored all of their goals from inside the box and in open play in the league this season.
- Barcelona have averaged 74.8% possession in matches this season, 13% more than their nearest rival in the league in this (Madrid 61.8%).
- Pep Guardiola's men have scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes of league games this season (nine), five more than any other side (Betis, four).
- Granada are the joint-lowest-scoring side ever after eight matches in Primera, equalling Deportivo (1967), Atlético (1969), Espanyol (1971) and Real Betis (1973).
- Leo Messi has been involved (goal or assist) in over half of Barcelona's league goals this season (15/26): 10 goals, five assists.
Levante - Real Sociedad
- Levante have won three of their six meetings with Real Sociedad in the top flight, losing just one.
- Levante are currently in first place in the top flight for the first time ever in their history.
- Levante are on a run of six straight league wins, their previous best in the top-flight was three.
- The granotas have won all three home games this season, scoring seven goals and conceding only one.
- Real Sociedad have lost on all three visits to Levante in the top flight.
- Philippe Montanier's men are without a win in their last four league games (three defeats and a draw).
- Levante have won every game in which they have taken the lead in the league this season.
- JIM's men have the second-best shot conversion rate in the league this season (21.9%) only behind Barcelona.
- Agirretxe has scored four of Erreala's seven league goals this season, though he has failed to score in his last three appearances.
- Agirretxe has scored the most headed goals in the league this season (three).
Mallorca - Sporting de Gijón
- None of the last 10 league meetings between Mallorca and Sporting have ended in a draw (four Mallorca wins).
- Mallorca were one of only two sides (along with Hércules) to fail to score against Sporting in the league last season.
- Sporting bagged six goals against the Islanders in 2010/11, twice as many as they scored against any other team.
- Mallorca have only kept two clean sheets in their last 15 league matches against the rojillos.
- The baleares have conceded exactly once in their last three league games at home.
- Sporting have won only two of their last 30 league matches on the road: one at Mallorca (4-0 in January) and one at Real Madrid (1-0 in April).
- The 4-0 win at Mallorca in January was Sporting's biggest win away in the league since 1987 at Barcelona.
- Joaquín Caparrós has lost just one of his nine meetings with Manuel Preciado in LigaBBVA (five wins).
- Last time out Sporting picked up their first league win of the season (2-0 vs Granada).
Rayo Vallecano - Málaga
- Rayo have won won all four of their matches at home to Málaga CF in Primera (four), but none on the road (two defeats, two draws).
- The last two meetings between the sides in the top flight ended 2-1 to the side playing at home.
- Rayo have the poorest home record in Primera this season (one point from three games).
- Málaga have failed to score in their last two league games, conceding seven.
- Málaga have scored the most goals from direct free kicks in Europe's top five leagues this season (three, one more than Brest, Palermo, Hannover and Sunderland).
- José Casado has both made the most fouls (19) and received the most yellow cards (five) for Rayo in La Liga this season.
- Joaquín has received the most fouls in the league this season for Málaga (21).
- Málaga have conceded the joint-most goals in the first 15 minutes of league matches this season (three), while Rayo have conceded the most in the first 15 minutes of the second half (four).
- All three of Málaga's defeats in the league this season have come when Julio Baptista hasn't been playing.
Real Madrid - Villarreal
- Villarreal have never beaten Real Madrid away from home in the top flight: nine defeats and three draws.
- Real Madrid have scored four or more goals in four consecutive matches for the first time ever in Primera.
- Two seasons ago at the Bernabéu Villarreal conceded six goals in Primera (6-2) for the first time ever.
- Juan Carlos Garrido's men have won just one of their last 12 games in La Liga, and have scored just one goal in their last seven on the road.
- Only once before have Villarreal had fewer points after eight top-flight matches than they do this season (six in 2009/10), though they still managed to qualify for Europe that season.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box (four) and in the second half (18) in LigaBBVA this season.
- The game against Málaga was the fourth league match in a row in which a Real Madrid player had scored a hat-trick (two by Ronaldo, two by Higuaín).
- Villarreal have not won a single league game this season with Marchena on the pitch (two draws, three defeats), vs one win and two draws without him.
- Sergio Ramos has made the most fouls without receiving a card in LigaBBVA this season.
Real Zaragoza - Valencia
- Since 1988, none of the 20 meetings between Zaragoza and Valencia at La Romareda in Primera have ended goalless.
- Valencia have lost by at least three goals on their last two trips to La Romareda (0-3 and 0-4).
- Overall, Los Che have won on just one of their last six league visits to Valencia.
- There has been a red card in four of the last five clashes between Valencia and Real Zaragoza.
- Valencia have lost just one of their last 12 league games.
- However, Los Che have won only one of their last five (1-0 vs Granada).
- Real Zaragoza have won seven of their last 10 league matches at home (one draw, two defeats).
- The maños have the poorest defence in the league this season (16 goals conceded).
- Valencia (12) and Real Zaragoza (8) have won the most points thanks to goals scored after the 85th minute in LigaBBVA since 10/11.
- Valencia have made the most changes to their starting XI from one match to the next in La Liga this season (33).
Sevilla - Racing de Santander
- The last time Sevilla were unbeaten in their opening eight games in Primera was in 1945/46 when they won the league. Their first defeat did not come until their 10th game in that season.
- In terms of goals conceded, this is Sevilla's joint-best start to the season in the league (four conceded in 1970/71 too).
- Sevilla have won all their home games and drawn all their away games in La Liga this season.
- Héctor Cúper's men are the only side yet to win in LigaBBVA this season.
- This is the first time Racing have failed to win any of their opening eight league games in the top flight, and their second-worst start to the season (1929/30, three points from eight games).
- If they fail to win at Sevilla, this will be Racing's poorest-ever winless run in Primera (11 games).
- The Andalucians have only won one of their last six league clashes with Racing, drawing two.
- Three of Federico Fazio's five goals in La Liga have come against Racing.
- The montañeses have seen five red cards in their last eight league meetings with Sevilla.
- Álvarez Izquierdo has already refereed a Sevilla-Racing which ended in a 0-2 away win.