La Liga Opta Facts - 29 Sep - 1 Oct
Valencia v Real Zaragoza
- Valencia have only won one of their last five clashes with Real Zaragoza in La Liga (1D 3L).
- Los Ches have scored at least one goal in all but one of their home league clashes with Zaragoza since 1997, with the exception of a 0-0 draw back in November 2004.
- The Valencians have gone seven straight home league games without tasting defeat (5W 2D).
- Zaragoza have gone 16 straight top-flight games without a draw, their longest run without one since May 1977-January 1979.
- Roberto Soldado has played more games against Zaragoza (eight) without scoring a top-flight goal than he has against any other club.
- Valencia have only managed five points from their opening five games, their worst start since 1999/00 (one point).
- Pelegrino's side have scored two goals in the opening 15 minutes on home soil already this term - no side has scored more.
- Apono has only scored one brace in his La Liga career, but that came at the Mestalla against Valencia last season.
- Apono and Postiga have scored four of Zaragoza's five goals this season.
Malaga v Real Betis
- Malaga have only won two of their last 13 clashes with Real Betis in the top-flight (6D 5L).
- Malaga have gone six consecutive home league games without tasting defeat (4W 2D).
- Betis have won their last two away league games; they haven't won three in a row away from home since November 2008.
- Betis have won four of their last five Andalusian derbies away from el Benito Villamarin (one defeat against Malaga).
- Malaga and Sevilla are the only two teams to have kept three clean sheets this season in La Liga - no side has kept more.
- All the goals Real Betis have scored on the road (six) this season have come from Spanish players.
- Saviola, against Levante, became the first player to score and assist a goal in a league game for Malaga since Santi Cazorla against Getafe back in March.
- Jesus Navas is the only Spaniard to have made more assists in 2012 (nine) than Benat (seven).
Real Sociedad v Athletic Bilbao
- Real Sociedad have lost their last league meetings with Athletic Bilbao.
- Going back further, Sociedad have only won one of their last nine against Bilbao (D2 L6).
- Athletic have scored at least one goal in 19 of their last 20 top-flight meetings with Real Sociedad (exception being a 0-2 defeat at the Anoeta in December 2010).
- Real Sociedad have gone seven straight games at home without defeat (5W 2D), something they haven't achieved since a run of 29 without defeat between March 2002 and November 2003).
- Bielsa's side have only won two games in the whole of 2012 (at Rayo in January and Racing in April).
- Bilbao have only found the net in one of their last four away games (3-3 at Espanyol in their last game away from San Mames).
- All four goals Real Sociedad have scored on home soil this season have arrived in the first-half.
- Aritz Aduriz has scored three goals from only four shots on target this term.
- Ibai Gomez has already assisted three goals from set pieces this season; only Nurnberg's Japanese star Hiroshi Kiyotake (four) has done better across Europe's top five leagues.
Sevilla v Barcelona
- Sevilla have failed to win any of their last 10 league meetings with Barcelona (3D 7L).
- On home soil, Sevilla have not beaten Barcelona in their last five league meetings (2D 3L).
- The side from Nervion haven't managed a clean sheet in any of their last nine home league meetings with the Catalans.
- Sevilla have won their last three league games - the first time they have managed this in the year 2012.
- The Catalan giants have scored at least two goals in each of their last 11 away league games.
- Barcelona haven't suffered defeat in any of their last 34 league meetings with sides from Andalusia - since they lost 2-3 in Betis in March 2008 (28W 6D).
- The Blue-and-Reds have only failed to score in one of their last 49 league meetings with Andalusian sides, though that was against Sevilla in October 2011.
- Lionel Messi has scored a brace on both of his away league appearances this term.
- Negredo, Sevilla's top scorer this season with three goals, has never scored in six previous appearances against Barcelona.
- Only against Atletico Madrid (15) and Racing (12) has Messi scored more goals than he has managed against Sevilla (11).
Granada v Celta
- Granada have never lost against Celta Vigo at home in the top-flight (9W 2D).
- Granada have scored at least one goal in all but one of their home meetings with the Galicians in the top-flight (0-0 in March 1972).
- Granada have failed to win any of their first two home league games this season; the last time they did this in the top-flight was back in 1972/73 when they also drew their first two.
- Celta have only won one of their last seven games against Andalusian sides in La Liga; back in May 2007 against Betis (6L).
- The side from Vigo have only taken points from one of their last nine away games in the first tier of Spanish football (1W 8L).
- Granada have the worst shot conversion rate in La Liga this season (4% - 52 shots and two goals).
- The Galician side have seen their own woodwork hit more times than any other in La Liga this term (six).
- Park Chu-Young became the first South Korean player to ever net in the history of La Liga.
Real Valladolid v Rayo Vallecano
- Valladolid have won their last two top-flight meetings with Rayo Vallecano.
- Real Valladolid have scored at least one goal in all eight previous home La Liga meetings with the side from Vallecas.
- Valladolid have lost their last three league games; they haven't lost four straight top-flight games since January 2009.
- Both goals Real Valladolid have scored on home soil this season have been penalties netted by Victor Perez.
- Los Franjirojos have won just one of their last nine away league games (2-1 at Real Betis in August), conceding an average of 3.33 goals per game in this run.
- Rayo Vallecano have conceded more penalties than any other side this season (four).
- Excluding penalties, Vallecano haven't scored a top-flight goal at the Zorrilla since May 2010 (Nauzet Aleman v Racing).
- Only Barcelona and Betis (six) have scored more away goals than Rayo (five) in La Liga this season.
- After Barcelona (3126), Real Valladolid have completed more passes than any other top-flight team this season (2358).
Osasuna v Levante
- Osasuna have won their last two top-flight meetings with Levante by the same scoreline; 2-0.
- In Pamplona, the home side have only ever lost one top-flight game against Levante (3W 1D).
- Osasuna have only taken one point from their opening five games this season; if they lose tonight, they will equal their worst ever top-flight start (93/94).
- Levante have gone seven games away from home without a win (2D 5L), their worst run since January 2011 (nine).
- Levante have won more points with goals scored in the final five minutes (four) than any other side in La Liga this season.
- Nino has scored six goals in 41 appearances for Osasuna in the Premier League. He only scored one in 19 for Levante.
- Obafemi Martins scored his first La Liga goal with his first shot on target in his first game.
- Alvaro Cujedo is, together with Lass (Rayo), the player to have had the most shots without scoring in La Liga this season (14).
- Lamah has assisted both goals Osasuna have scored at home in the league this season (Llorente's goal v Barcelona and Kike Sola's v Mallorca).
Real Madrid v Deportivo
- Real Madrid have won their last six league games against Deportivo in the Bernabeu, they have never won seven in a row against them.
- The Galician side have beaten Real Madrid nine times in La Liga in this century, only Barcelona (10) have beaten them more times.
- Depor have only won two of their 41 trips to the home of Real Madrid in La Liga, with the last victory coming back in 2004 (1-0).
- Only Barcelona (12) have won more home league games than Real Madrid (11) in 2012.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his first ever La Liga goal against Deportivo at the Bernabeu back in August 2009 (3-2).
- Real Madrid haven't been awarded a penalty at home in the league since February (against Levante).
- Only against Xerez (first minute) has Cristiano Ronaldo scored a quicker home league goal for Real Madrid than against Deportivo (fourth minute).
- Nelson Oliveira has scored two goals in just 167 minutes of league football this term.
Espanyol v Atletico Madrid
- Espanyol have only won three of their last nine league meetings with Atletico Madrid (1D 5L).
- The last four clashes between Espanyol (11) and Atletico (seven) in Barcelona have seen 18 goals netted.
- Atletico have won more away games against Espanyol (24) in the top-flight than any other side in their history.
- The Blue-and-Whites have not won any of their opening five games this season (1D 4L). They have only ever gone six games of a season without a win once (2003/04) but they weren't relegated.
- The Red-and-Whites have won their last four league games; they haven't won five in a row since May 2009.
- Espanyol have lost more games by the odd goal than any other La Liga side this term (four - all their defeats).
- Joan Verdu's only La Liga double came against Atletico Madrid in 2011/12 (4-2 in Espanyol).
- Falcao is the only player in La Liga this season to have netted in five consecutive games.
Getafe v Mallorca
- The home side has won six of the last eight meetings in the top-flight between Getafe and Mallorca.
- The last draw between these sides in the league came way back in March 2008.
- Mallorca have only won two previous away games against Getafe in the top-flight; their first (2-1 in 2004/05) and their last (3-1 in 2011/12).
- Getafe's last two home victories over Mallorca have both come via the same scoreline (3-0).
- Getafe have lost their last two league games; they haven't lost three in a row since September 2001.
- Mallorca haven't tasted defeat in five games so far this term (3W 2D); only once in their top-flight history have they gone the first six games unbeaten (1998/99).
- Abdel Barrada is the top scoring midfielder in La Liga this season with three goals.
- Arizmendi has scored 19 goals in La Liga with seven different clubs; he scored his last goal for Mallorca and also netted two in a spell with Getafe.