La Liga Opta Facts - 3-5 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atlético de Madrid - Rayo Vallecano
- Atlético have only won one of their last six meetings with Rayo in the top flight.
- The rojiblancos have only won one of their last four league games at home to the franjirrojos: 2-0 in 03/04, their last meeting.
- Rayo have won two of the three matches in which they have scored at Atlético's ground in Primera.
- The rayistas have only won one of their 13 derbies since the turn of the century, though this was did come earlier this season (1-0 at Getafe).
- Only Real Madrid and Barcelona have picked up more points at home in La Liga this season than Atlético (15).
- The franjirrojos have failed to score in their last three league away games.
- Gabi has made the most fouls in LigaBBVA (87) in 2011.
- Álvaro Domínguez is the highest-scoring defender in LigaBBVA this season (three), along with Iñigo Martínez.
- This season Atlético have lost just one of their six matches (three wins and two draws) without Godín playing, and have conceded 2.43 goals per game with him playing vs just 0.5 without him.
- Three of Arda Turan's five assists in the league this season have been for headers from Adrián.
- The rojiblancos have only conceded one goal in the last 15 minutes of the first half, while Rayo are yet to score in this period in the league this season.
Barcelona - Levante
- Levante have lost their last six league matches at the Camp Nou, despite scoring in five of these.
- Barcelona are the first side in the history of the Spanish league to keep a clean sheet in 11 consecutive league games at home (the last to do so was Almería in April).
- The azulgrana are unbeaten in their last 26 league games at the Camp Nou (23 wins, three draws).
- Against Sporting, Levante ended a run of three consecutive league defeats.
- Juan Ignacio Martínez's men are the second highest-scoring side on the road in LigaBBVA this season (nine).
- Barcelona have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of league games this season (10, five more than second-placed Real Madrid).
- Levante's record for most goals scored in games in Primera (5-1 at home in 64/65) and conceded (2-6 away in 07/08) both came against Barcelona.
- The four teams to have registered the most possession at the Camp Nou this season (Rayo, Atlético, Zaragoza and Mallorca) have all conceded at least four goals.
- Arouna Koné has already scored more league goals with Levante this season (five) than he did with Sevilla and Hannover combined (three).
Granada - Real Zaragoza
- Zaragoza have won 11 of their 26 meetings with Granada in Primera, losing nine.
- The maños have only managed two wins in their 13 league visits to Granada in Primera.
- Granada head into this game in their best run of form in the league this season (two wins and one draw from their last three).
- Fabri González's men are without a win in their last four league matches at home.
- The Andalucians have failed to score in four of their six matches on their own turf this season.
- All seven of Granada's league goals this season have been netted by different players.
- Zaragoza have conceded the most penalties in the league this season (five).
- Javier Aguirre's men have lost every match after conceding first in the league this season (seven).
- Granada have failed to score in the most matches in the league this season (eight).
- This game sees the lowest-scoring side in LigaBBVA this season (Granada - seven), meet the division's poorest defence (Zaragoza - 27 goals conceded).
Mallorca - Athletic
- Athletic have dropped the most points after going ahead in the league this season (10).
- The Basque side's defeat to Granada last time out ended a run of eight games unbeaten in the league.
- Against Racing, Caparrós achieved his first league win since joining Mallorca as a manager.
- Last time out Bielsa's men failed to score for the second time in the league this season (also vs Málaga).
- Against Racing, Mallorca scored twice at home in the league for the first time this season.
- Against Granada, Athletic lost for the first time with Aurtenetxe on the pitch in the league this season.
- Five different players have scored Athletic's seven goals away from home in the league this season.
- Mallorca have scored the highest proportion of their goals from penalties in the league this season (4/11).
- Mallorca have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half in the league this season (six).
Osasuna - Real Betis
- Osasuna have only won three of their last nine league meetings with Real Betis in the top flight.
- The rojillos have lost three of their last four league matches at home to the verdiblancos.
- There has been just one 0-0 draw in the 23 matches between the sides at Osasuna in Primera (in 82/83).
- Real Betis have not conceded a single goal scored five in total in their last three wins over Osasuna in Pamplona.
- The side from Navarre hold the record for the joint-biggest win at Real Betis in the league (5-0 in 06/07).
- After Barcelona (0), Osasuna have conceded the joint-fewest goals at home in the league this season (three, level with Granada).
- Real Betis have only taken one point from the last 27 available and have lost their last five league games on the road.
- Ibrahima's three goals in the league this season have come thanks to assists from Raúl García.
- Pepe Mel's side are the only team in LigaBBVA who have not conceded a goal in the first 15 minutes of games.
Racing - Villarreal
- Villarreal have won 13 of their 22 league meetings with Racing, losing four and drawing five.
- Racing are without a win in their last four at home to the Yellow Submarine (two defeats, two draws).
- Racing are the only side in LigaBBVA who have managed just one win this season.
- Similarly, Racing are the poorest home side in the competition this season (six points, -2 GD).
- This match sees the lowest-scoring side at home in the league this season (Racing, three) face the lowest-scoring on the road (Villarreal, two).
- Racing have dropped the second-most points after conceding goals in the last 15 minutes of LigaBBVA matches this season (five).
- Héctor Cúper resigned from Racing after managing his lowest-ever win % in Primera (7.69%), behind his time at Real Betis (14.29%).
- Racing won the only match in which they managed to open the scoring in the league this season.
Real Sociedad - Málaga CF
- Prior to their last league meeting (0-2) Real Sociedad had always scored against Málaga at Anoeta in Primera (eight previous meetings in total).
- Last time out (3-2 at Betis) the donostiarras ended a run of eight league games without a win.
- Duda has played at least 45 minutes in all but four of Málaga's league matches this season: they lost all four of these.
- Málaga have won all the league matches in which they have opened the scoring in the league this season (six).
- Agirretxe has scored the most headed goals in the league this season (four).
- The txuri-urdines have conceded the most right-footed goals in the league this season (13).
- Before this season, Roberto Soldado was the last player to score from his own half in Primera (May 2007): Iñigo Martínez has already done this twice in 2011/12.
- Málaga are the only side in LigaBBVA yet to concede in the last 15 minutes of matches this season, while Real Sociedad have shipped the most in the opening 15 minutes (five).
- Manuel Pellegrini has lost only one of his seven league meetings with Real Sociedad (two draws).
- Turienzo Alvarezhas shown the most yellow cards in La Liga this season (63).
Sevilla - Getafe
- Sevilla have lost their five league games against Getafe.
- At the Sánchez Pizjuán Sevilla and Getafe have a level record in Primera: three wins and three defeats each, with one draw.
- The azulones have always scored at least as many goals as the previous season in each of their top-flight visits to Sevilla (three last season).
- Sevilla and Mallorca are the only two teams in LigaBBVA this season who have lost after going ahead at home (once each).
- The Andalucians have conceded the fewest goals from inside the area (exc. Penalties) in the league this season (six).
- Getafe have conceded goals to players from more different nationalities than any other side in La Liga this season (11).
- Luis García faces the side who scored the most goals against his sides last season: eight.
- Iglesias Villanueva has shown the most yellow cards to home sides in the league this season.
Sporting - Real Madrid
- Madrid have kept a clean sheet on their last six league visits to El Molinón (four wins, one draw).
- Sporting were one of two teams who managed to win at the Bernabéu last season in the league (along with Zaragoza).
- Real Sociedad are the only side to have scored more than once at El Molinón in La Liga: the other two teams to win there both did so by a 1-0 scoreline (Barcelona and Valencia).
- José Mourinho's side are on a run of nine straight league wins, their best run since the Portuguese's arrival at Madrid.
- The whites' tally of 46 league goals is their most-ever at this stage of a season.
- The current table-toppers have won the last 71 league matches in which they have taken the lead.
- Madrid are the best away side in the league this season with five wins, and are top-scorers on the road (18).
- The whites have scored the most goals from outside the box (5) and in the second half (27) and are the only side yet to concede a headed goal in LigaBBVA this season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored his last 17 league penalties, a longer run than any other player in Europe's top five leagues (David Villa, 15).
- Three of Real Madrid's four league defeats last season came without Xabi Alonso in the starting XI, one of them against Sporting.
Valencia - Espanyol
- The periquitos have won just seven of their 72 trips to Valencia in the league.
- Valencia have scored in all but one of their league games this season (at Sevilla).
- The Catalonians have only once managed to score more than once in one game this season (on matchday three vs Athletic).
- Espanyol are, along with Sevilla and Osasuna, the side who have seen the most red cards in the league this season (four).
- The Catalonians are one of two sides (along with Betis) where the side scoring the first goal has always won in the league this season.
- Los che have won the most points thanks to goals scored after the 75th minute in the league this season (six).
- Emery's men are, along with Barcelona, the only team who have not conceded a goal in the last 15 minutes of the first half.
- Unai Emery has made the most changes to his starting XIs from one game to another in La Liga this season (54).
- Valencia are, along with Athletic, the only side who have not played out a goalless draw in the league this season.