La liga Opta Facts - 4-6th December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Real Zaragoza
- Almeria and Real Zaragoza have both won three of their eight meetings in La Liga, drawing twice.
- However Almeria have won three of the four clashes at the Estadio del Mediterráneo.
- Only twice in the previous eight meetings between the sides have either Almeria or Real Zaragoza managed to score more than once.
- Almeria are the only side in La Liga yet to win at home this season, though Zaragoza are one of only four yet to pick up all three points on the road.
- Only Almeria (6) and Barcelona (3) have conceded fewer goals away from home in La Liga this season than Los Blanquillos (7).
- Nicolás Bertolo has scored in three of Real Zaragoza's last four league matches.
Deportivo La Coruña v Hercules
- Deportivo have won their last four meetings against Hercules in La Liga, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Overall, these two sides have never shared the points in the top league: with seven wins for the Galicians, three for Hercules.
- Deportivo have come out on top in each of their five league games against Hercules at the Riazor.
- Deportivo have won their last two league games at home by a score of 3-0.
- Hercules by contrast have lost their last two away games by a score of 0-3.
- Between them, Nelson Valdez (six) and David Trezeguet (seven) have scored 13 of Hercules' 14 league goals this season.
- Trezeguet is yet to score away from home though.
- Hercules are the only Spanish top-flight side yet to score in the final 15 minutes of matches this season.
Espanyol v Sporting Gijon
- Espanyol have beaten Sporting Gijon only once in their last eight meetings (3-0 in April 2009), losing five times and sharing the points twice in this period.
- The Catalonians have failed to score in four of their last five meetings against Sporting Gijon in La Liga.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last seven visits to Espanyol (four draws and three wins).
- Every single one of Espanyol's league matches this season has been won by the side that has opened the scoring.
- Espanyol have won their last seven league matches at home, only Real Madrid (nine) are on a longer such run in La Liga.
- Sporting Gijon are without a win in the league since September, a run of nine games.
Levante v Atletico Madrid
- Levante have picked up only one point from their last five league meetings against Atletico Madrid.
- Levante have failed to score in each of these five fixtures against the Colchoneros.
- Levante have netted only one goal in their last nine encounters with Atletico in the top-flight.
- The record at Levante's ground is three wins for the visitors (including the last two fixtures) and two for the hosts.
- Atlético have won only two of their last 16 away matches in the league, failing to keep a clean sheet in any of these games.
- Levante have lost five of their last six Liga BBVA clashes.
Getafe v Mallorca
- These two sides have met 12 times in the top-flight: Mallorca lead in the head-to-head by six wins to three, with three draws.
- However Getafe are unbeaten in their last five meetings at home to Mallorca (three wins and two draws), with the guests having the better only on their first visit to the Coliseum.
- Last Saturday's win over Sevilla (3-1) ended a run of three defeats and a draw for the Azulones in La Liga.
- Mallorca have won two of their last three games on the road (against Valencia and Sevilla); a defeat at Real Zaragoza completes their record.
- Getafe have only lost one of their last four league games at home, against Barcelona.
- El Geta have seen five opponents sent off in La Liga this season, only Barcelona (six) have seen more.
- Mallorca have given away the most penalties in Liga BBVA this season (six).
Malaga v Racing
- Racing have won two of their last three league games at the Rosaleda.
- A win over Levante in their last match ended a run of six straight league defeats for Malaga at home this season.
- Malaga have the worst defence in La Liga this season (27 goals conceded).
- Manuel Pellegrini's side have failed to score in three of their last four fixtures.
- Racing's last win away from home was last March (3-1 in Pamplona vs Osasuna); since then, they have picked up only three draws on the road, losing eight fixtures between this and last season.
- Racing would be joint-bottom of this competition if only away games counted.
- However if only home form counted, Malaga would be bottom.
Osasuna v Barcelona
- Barcelona have won on only one of their last five trips to Osasuna in the league.
- Moreover, the Blaugrana have been unable to find the net before the 73rd minute in any of their last three league meetings with Osasuna.
- However Los Rojillos have failed to find the net in eight of their last 12 league meetings with Barcelona.
- Osasuna are one of only four sides still unbeaten at home in La Liga.
- José Antonio Camacho's men have kept a clean sheet in their last three matches at the Reyno de Navarra.
- Barcelona have scored at least three times in each of their last five league matches, hitting a total of 24 goals.
- The game vs Real Madrid was only the third time Lionel Messi had failed to score in a league match this season (11 appearances) and the first in which he failed to get a shot on target.
Real Madrid v Valencia
- Real Madrid were the only side to beat Valencia both home and away in La Liga last season.
- Los Merengues have found the net in all but one of their last 25 league meetings at home to Valencia.
- José Mourinho's side are on a run of nine consecutive wins at home in LigaBBVA, longer than any other side.
- Real have kept only two clean sheets in their last eight league fixtures.
- The game against Atlético Madrid was the only time that Cristiano Ronaldo had failed to score or assist a goal in a league match at home this season.
- After taking just one point from four league games, Valencia have taken seven from the last nine available.
- Real have won every game in which they have taken the lead this season in the league.
Real Sociedad v Athletic Bilbao
- Bilbao have scored in each of their last 10 trips to Anoeta in the Spanish top flight.
- Athletic have only lost on one of their last five league visits to Real Sociedad.
- Both home and away, La Real can claim only one win in their last nine league meetings with Bilbao.
- Real Sociedad have not drawn a league match since the second matchday of the season, winning five and losing six since.
- For their part, Bilbao have not drawn since the third match of the campaign.
- Bilbao are the only side to have scored in every Liga BBVA match this season.
- Bilbao have conceded at least four goals in their last three matches away from home in the league this season.
Villarreal v Sevilla
- Villarreal's 3-0 win over Sevilla at El Madrigal in March ended a run of four straight league defeats against the Rojiblancos.
- Despite this, the Yellow Submarine have lost only one of their last eight league games at home to Sevilla.
- Juan Carlos Garrido has won 55% of his top-flight league games in charge of Villarreal, more than any other boss at the club.
- During his tenure, the Yellow Submarine have been defeated just once at home in the league (1-4 vs Barcelona in May), winning 12 of 14 games.
- Villarreal's run of six straight league wins at the Madrigal came to an end in their last match there (1-1 draw with Valencia).
- Sevilla have failed to score in three of their last four away matches in the league.
- Villarreal have claimed nine points from losing positions in La Liga this season, more than any other side.