La Liga Opta Facts - Week 5 - 23rd and 24th September
Real Madrid v Elche
- Real Madrid have won their last six league meetings with Elche; their best ever historical record against them.
- Elche have not won any of their 20 league trips to the Bernabeu (D3 L17).
- Elche have conceded over four goals per game on average over their last seven trips to the Bernabeu, though they have scored in six of these seven games.
- Real Madrid scored as many goals in their last league game as Elche have managed in their last 10 combined (eight).
- Elche have not won successive away league games since October last year.
- With his hat-trick at the Riazor, Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored one more La Liga treble (20) than Lionel Messi (19).
- Elche failed to win any of their four trips to Madrid last season (D1 L3) but have won their only game in the capital this season (3-2 v Rayo).
- Iker Casillas has conceded more goals (8) than he has made saves (6) in La Liga this season.
- Javier Hernandez has scored two La Liga goals from two shots on target.
- Either Edu Albacar (one goal, one assist) or Jonathas (one goal, one assist) has contributed to every Elche league goal so far this term.
Celta Vigo v Deportivo
- Celta have only won three of their last eight meetings with Deportivo in the Primera (D1 L4).
- The side from Vigo have scored in each of their last five top-flight meetings with Depor, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Deportivo have only lost three of their last seven away games in the top-flight (W3 D1).
- Celta Vigo are unbeaten after four games of a La Liga season for the first time since 2002/03, when they recorded their joint-best top-flight finish (fourth).
- Deportivo have conceded 12 goals after four games this season; their worst start to a campaign since 1968/69 (13).
- Victor Fernandez has already won as many away games this season as he did in his last campaign as a La Liga manager (one, with Real Zaragoza in 2007/08).
- No side has scored more goals in the first 15 minutes this term than Deportivo (2), while no side has scored more in the first 15 minutes after half-time than Celta (4).
- Nolito has either scored or assisted half of Celta's league goals this term (two goals, two assists).
- Depor's six league goals this season have all come from different players (Cavaleiro, José Rodríguez, Cuenca, Juan Domínguez, Medunjanin and Toché).
Almeria v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid have not won any of their five trips to the Juegos Mediterraneos in La Liga (D3 L2).
- Los Colchoneros have failed to score in three of their five away games against Almeria in the Primera.
- Almeria were one of only four teams to defeat the La Liga champions last season (2-0 at home in February 2014).
- Atletico have only lost one of their last 23 league games against Andalusian sides (W16 D6) but that was in this exact fixture last term.
- Indeed in that Almeria win, Verza became the only player to score twice against Atletico last term.
- Diego Simeone's side have scored a league-high five set piece goals this season.
- La Union have drawn their last three home league games; they have never drawn four in a row in the top-flight.
- Atletico have drawn four and won just two of their last seven league games (L1), managing just one clean sheet in this run (0-0 v Rayo).
- Only Messi (four) has made more assists in La Liga this term than Koke (three).
Eibar v Villarreal
- Eibar have only lost two of their last six league meetings with Villarreal (W3 D1, all in the Segunda), with both defeats coming at El Madrigal.
- Indeed Villarreal have failed to score in three of their last four visits to Ipurua in the Segunda.
- Los Armeros have the opportunity to win consecutive top-flight games for the first time in their history.
- The Yellows are unbeaten in four away league games (W2 D2), keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Villarreal have only lost one of their last 11 La Liga games against Basque sides (W5 D5).
- Three of the four goals scored by Eibar this term have come from outside the box.
- Los Armeros have won both league games when Lillo has played this season and lost both when he has not played.
- Cheryshev has participated directly in 50% of Villarreal's goals this season (one goal, two assists).
- Eibar's four La Liga goals to date have been scored by different players (Javi Lara, Abraham, Dani Garcia and Albentosa), with none coming from strikers.
Rayo Vallecano v Athletic Club
- Rayo Vallecano have only managed one win in their last eight league meetings with Athletic (D3 L4).
- In Vallecas, Rayo have only managed one win in 10 against Athletic Club (D4 L5); 4-2 in April 2002.
- In that home win for Rayo, current Athletic president Jose Urrutia scored his first away goal in La Liga.
- The Lions have scored at least once in each of their last 18 league games against Rayo Vallecano.
- Paco Jemez's side are winless in seven league games (D2 L5); their worst run since promotion.
- Only once before in the last 11 seasons have Athletic lost three of their opening four league games (2011/12).
- Ernesto Valverde has won three of this four meeting with Rayo as a top-flight manager; his one defeat came during his spell with Valencia.
- Against no side has Mikel San Jose scored more La Liga goals than he has against Rayo Vallecano (three).
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (five) has scored more La Liga goals this term than Alberto Bueno (four).
Sevilla v Real Sociedad
- Sevilla have only won one of their last five matches against Real Sociedad in the league (D1 L3); it came in the most recent meeting (1-0 in March 2014).
- At home, Sevilla have won six of the last eight league matches against Real Sociedad (D1 L1).
- Los Donostiarras have failed to score in three of their last five visits to the Sánchez Pizjuán in the league.
- Arrasate's men have only won one of their last seven league matches (D3 L3) and have conceded in all of those games.
- Sevilla have recorded 10 points after their first four league matches of a season for the first time since 1984-85; they went on to finish 12th that campaign.
- Real Sociedad have conceded first in all four matches this term in the league; recovering four points across those games.
- Carlos Bacca (four goals), Aleix Vidal (two goals and one assist) and Denis Suárez (two assists) have been involved in the eight Sevilla goals between them.
- Against no other side has Xabi Prieto recorded more assists away from home in La Liga than Sevilla (two).
- Real Sociedad have seen two own goals this season; one in their favour (v Celta) and one against them (v Almería).
Granada v Levante
- Granada have only won two of their six matches against Levante in La Liga (D1 L3).
- Levante have scored at least once in each of their previous three visits in the Primera to the Estadio de Los Cármenes.
- For the third time in their Primera history, Granada have remained unbeaten after their first four matches (W2 D2), the previous seasons were in 1973-74 and 1975-76.
- This Levante side became the 10th team in the history of La Liga to fail to score a single goal across their first four matches of a campaign; Xerez in 2009-10 were the most recent team.
- Levante have recorded the fewest shots on target this season (six).
- José Luis Mendilíbar has gone eight matches as a manager without a win in La Liga (D1 L7) and has not seen a goal scored in his favour in six matches.
- Levante (40.15%) and Granada (41.28%) have averaged the lowest share of possession this season.
- No goalkeeper has made more saves in La Liga this season than Jesús (15).
- Fran Rico has recorded more assists for Granada than any other player since their promotion to the top tier.
Málaga v Barcelona
- Málaga have gone 17 matches without a win against Barcelona in the top flight (D1).
- Málaga have lost to Barcelona in their last 12 league meetings; conceding an average of 3.3 goals per game.
- The only victory Málaga have claimed against Barcelona at La Rosaleda since their reformation was in December 2003 (5-1).
- Málaga have drawn their last two league matches; they have not drawn three successive matches in this competition since February 2011.
- Barcelona have recorded clean sheets in their first four league matches for the third time in their history (1968-69 and 1977-78).
- Last season, Javi Gracia's Osasuna suffered the biggest defeat seen by any side all campaign against Barcelona (7-0).
- Luis Enrique's side have faced the fewest shots on target this season across the top five European leagues (four).
- In their last home game (v Levante), Málaga recorded 20 corners; the most by any side in a league game since the 2003-04 season.
- Messi has scored 10 goals in 11 league games against Málaga, including two hat-tricks.
- Duda is already the third-highest goalscorer for Málaga in La Liga history (32); surpassing the total posted by Salva Ballesta.
Espanyol v Getafe
- Espanyol have only won one of the last five matches against Getafe in the league (D2 L2).
- Getafe have won their last two league visits to Espanyol, both by the same scoreline (0-2).
- Espanyol have gone 12 league games without a win; they haven't gone on a longer run since 2009 (14).
- Getafe have only won one of their last six league matches away from home (D2 L3).
- Only Rayo (14) have faced more shots on target away from home than Getafe (13) this season.
- 60% of Espanyol's goals this season have come in the final 15 minutes of matches; a league-high.
- Sergio García (two) and Stuani (two) have between them scored four of the five league goals bagged by Espanyol this term; all four coming in the second half.
- Sammir scored his only goal away from home in 12 total appearances so far for Getafe in La Liga.
Valencia v Córdoba
- Valencia have won their last two matches in the top-flight against Córdoba (in 1972); scoring four goals in both games.
- Córdoba have recorded only one win away at Valencia in the Primera División; it came in January 1963 (0-1).
- Valencia have gone seven games without defeat in the league against sides from Andalucía (W3 D4).
- Valencia have registered two consecutive home victories in La Liga and have not started a season with three successive home wins since 2008-09.
- Córdoba have not won any of their opening four matches this campaign (D2 L2); this is the second time this has happened in the Primera, the first was in the 1971-72 season.
- Valencia have the best shot conversion rate in domestic competition this season (37.04%).
- Fede Cartabia has been involved in the last two league goals scored by Córdoba (a goal and an assist).
- Between them, Paco Alcácer, Parejo and Piatti have scored all six goals for Valencia at the Mestalla this season; two each.