League 1 Opta Facts - 22 September
Brentford v Oldham
- Each of the past five league meetings between the teams have produced positive results, with the Bees winning on three occasions.
- The fixture has produced only two goalless draws in its league history of 44 matches.
- Brentford have suffered just one loss in their last five league games (W2 D2).
- Oldham have also tasted defeat only once in their last five league outings, with their solitary win of the season coming from a South coast trip to Portsmouth.
- Oldham have taken five points from their last seven league games away from Boundary Park, suffering six defeats.
Bury v MK Dons
- Bury have tasted victory once in six meetings with MK Dons, whilst there has been one draw between the two.
- MK Dons have failed to score in their past two away games, both of which ended in defeat.
- Bury are winless after seven leagues games this season, propping up the League One table in 24th position.
- Bury have kept one clean sheet in League One this season.
- In all competitions, MK Dons are without a win in five consecutive away matches.
Coventry v Carlisle
- Coventry's 2-0 victory in the League Cup in August 2007 was the only meeting between the sides since 1975.
- The Sky Blues have won six of 10 league meetings between the sides, who have shared the spoils twice.
- Coventry are winless this season and have lost their last four league matches in succession, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Carlisle lie in mid-table but have lost only once in their last five league matches (W2 D2).
Crawley v Tranmere
- Saturday's match will be the first meeting between the two teams.
- Crawley lie in the play-off positions after four victories in their opening seven matches (D1 L2).
- Tranmere top the League One ladder after an unbeaten start to the season (W5 D2).
- Rovers have netted 16 times and conceded just twice in their seven matches, shutting out the opposition in the past four.
- The Reds have taken seven of a possible 12 points away from home this season.
Crewe v Leyton Orient
- The O's have won four of the last five meetings between the two.
- Crewe's last three matches have ended in draws, two of which were goalless.
- Leyton Orient have taken maximum points from their last three games.
- Alexandra have lost just two of their last 23 league matches (W9 D12).
Doncaster v Stevenage
- The two teams have never faced in each other in the Football League, though did share five draws in 10 meetings in non-league football. Stevenage hold three wins over Doncaster.
- The Dons have suffered from inconsistency thus far in the campaign, with two losses sandwiched between three wins and a draw from their opening six matches.
- Stevenage lie in the promotion places after an unbeaten start to the season (W4 D3).
- Stevenage have won all three away games so far this season, keeping clean sheets in two of them.
Hartlepool v Shrewsbury
- Hartlepool have won 10 of the teams' previous league meetings, compared to the Shrews' six wins. They have shared the points on eight occasions.
- A 5-0 defeat at Preston on Tuesday stretched the Pools' poor opening to the season, which has returned just one victory in six outings.
- Shrewsbury are yet to win away from home this season, though have travelled to three of the current top six in League One.
- Hartlepool have won two of their last 10 league matches at Victoria Park, whilst Shrewsbury have not won in five away matches dating back to April.
Notts County v Portsmouth
- Notts County's average of two points per game sees them lie third in League One.
- Portsmouth's one victory this season came in the shape of a 3-0 success at Crawley, who sit one place behind Notts in the table.
- Portsmouth have scored at least two goals in all of their away games this season, whilst the Magpies have failed to score just once in their seven games.
- This will be the first meeting between the pair since 1994, though Pompey have not tasted defeat to Notts in their last seven clashes.
Scunthorpe v Colchester
- Four of the last five meetings between the sides have ended all-square, with the pair sharing two 1-1 draws last season.
- A four-match losing run at the beginning of the season sees Scunthorpe lie in the relegation places, but they are unbeaten in their last three (W1 D2).
- The Iron have the joint-leakiest defence in League One, having shipped in 13 goals this season. They have kept one clean sheet.
- Colchester lie one place below Scunthorpe on the table and are yet to score a league victory this season.
- The U's have failed to score in any of their three away matches this season.
Swindon v Bournemouth
- ournemouth secured a league double over The Robins in the 2010/11 season, their last meetings.
- Swindon lie outside the play-offs only on goal difference having won two of three home matches so far.
- Bournemouth have drawn five of their seven league matches thus far (W1 L1).
- Bournemouth have netted in every match this season, but have kept a clean sheet only once.
Walsall v Preston
- Walsall ended a five-match unbeaten streak after crashing 3-1 at Stevenage on Tuesday evening.
- Preston travel to the West Midlands on the back of a 5-0 thumping of Hartlepool and sit in fifth position in League One.
- The Lilywhites have scored 12 goals in their last four outings, taking nine points in the process.
- The Saddlers are unbeaten in the last four meetings between the two (W3 D1) and secured a 1-0 victory in the corresponding fixture last season.
Yeovil v Sheff Utd
- Yeovil have followed up a three-match winning streak by losing their last three matches.
- Sheffield United are undefeated in the league this season, but have drawn five of their seven matches.
- The Blades have scored exactly one goal in five matches this season, with exceptions coming in Tuesday's goalless draw with Doncaster and a 5-3 defeat of Bournemouth.
- Last season's league meetings were the first in history between the respective clubs. The Blades did the double over Yeovil - scoring five and conceding none over the two games.