League 1 Opta Facts – Aug 16
Bristol City V Colchester
- Bristol City have gone four matches unbeaten against Colchester in league competition, drawing three and winning the other.
- The last four meetings between these two sides at Ashton Gate have all ended in a stalemate.
- Aaron Wilbraham's goal for Bristol City against Sheffield United was his first in the league since March 2012; he also assisted Wade Elliott's winning strike against the Blades.
- Colchester won just one from behind last season in League One (D6 L19).
- The Robins let in 37 first-half goals last season in League One, more than any other club.
Chesterfield V Rochdale
- Chesterfield are unbeaten in their last five home league encounters with Rochdale, winning three and drawing twice.
- Rochdale have gone 20 league games without keeping a clean sheet against the Spireites.
- The Spireites are unbeaten in five seasons in their first home game of the season, winning three and drawing two.
- In this exact fixture last season in League Two, Rochdale scored twice in the 90th minute to draw 2-2.
- Dale have won just two of their last eight league fixtures (D2 L4).
Coventry V Sheff Utd
- Coventry are unbeaten in four at home to the Blades in league competition (W2 D2), winning this fixture last term 3-2.
- Sheffield United have won just once in their last six league clashes with the Sky Blues, though this came in the most recent match in May 2014.
- The Sky Blues have kept just one clean sheet in their last six home league games with the Blades.
- Sheffield United scored only 17 times on the road in League 1 last season; only Carlisle United managed fewer (16).
- Reda Johnson scored twice on his league debut for Coventry against Bradford; he recorded just two league goals for Sheffield Wednesday last season.
Crawley V Swindon
- Crawley have never beaten Swindon in the Football League, losing three and drawing three.
- Swindon have kept four clean sheet in their previous six league clashes with the Red Devils.
- All of Crawley's opening home games in their three Football League campaigns have ended in victory.
- Swindon's Nathan Byrne was sent off in this exact fixture last season.
- Michael Smith has scored 10 goals in 21 league appearances for the Robins, but just two of these have been away from home.
Crewe V Barnsley
- Crewe have won their last three league encounters with Barnsley, they've never won four in a row.
- Barnsley have conceded two or more goals in four of their last five league trips to Crewe (W1 D1 L3).
- Dale Jennings will miss this match thanks to his opening day red card, the second season in succession that he'd been sent off on the opening day of the Football League.
- The Railwaymen last won their opening home game of the season in August 2007, losing five out of the six contests since then (D1).
- Barnsley have now lost seven of their last eight league games, including the back end of last season (W1).
Doncaster V Port Vale
- Doncaster are unbeaten in five against Port Vale in league competition, winning the last four.
- Port Vale have gone seven league games without a win away to Doncaster, losing five (D2).
- 31 of Doncaster's total of 44 points in the Championship last season came at home (70%).
- Port Vale let in 17 headed goals last season, more than any other side in the division.
- Donny's opening day win over Yeovil ended a run of seven league games without a victory (D1 L6).
Gillingham V Yeovil
- Gillingham have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league clashes with Yeovil, drawing twice (W1).
- Yeovil have lost only once in their last eight league encounters with the Gills, winning four (D3).
- Cody McDonald has scored in four of his last five league games for Gillingham.
- The Glovers have received a red card in each of their last two trips to Gillingham.
- Yeovil have failed to score in three of their last five league games, including their last two away visits.
Notts County V Fleetwood
- Notts County won the only competitive meeting between the two sides as they secured a 3-2 victory in the Capital One Cup last August.
- In this match, Fleetwood took the lead through Gareth Evans, before goals from Enoch Showunmi, Danny Haynes and Callum McGregor sealed the win for the Magpies.
- 38 of the Magpies' 50 points in League One last season were secured at Meadow Lane (76%).
- Fleetwood's Matt Tootle failed to score from the penalty spot on the opening day, the first spot kick to be missed in League One this season.
- Notts County conceded 13 times from set-pieces last season, more than any other side in League One.
Oldham V Leyton Orient
- Oldham are unbeaten in four against Leyton Orient in league competition (W1 D3).
- Leyton Orient have scored exactly once in seven of their last eight league matches against Oldham.
- This exact fixture ended 1-1 last term as Charlie MacDonald opened the scoring for the Latics before Shaun Batt equalised in the second half.
- The O's have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine league trips to Oldham.
- Oldham have conceded just four goals in their last seven home games with Leyton Orient.
- Leyton Orient have won only once in their last nine league outings to Oldham (D4 L4).
Peterborough V MK Dons
- Peterborough have won three of the last four league clashes with MK Dons (L1), scoring exactly two goals in each victory.
- MK Dons last league victory against Peterborough at London Road came back in December 2007 (2-1).
- Despite beating MK Dons 2-1 in their last meeting at London Road, Peterborough received two red cards.
- In fact, there have been four red cards handed out in the last four league encounters between the two, including playoffs (three for the Posh, one for MK Dons).
- The Posh lost 17 points from leading positions away from home last season, more than any other club in the division.
Scunthorpe V Preston
- Scunthorpe have gone five league games without a win against the Lilywhites, losing three (D2).
- Preston have won the last two league clashes against the Iron, scoring three times in both games.
- The Iron lost just twice at home all season in League Two in 2013/14 (W10 D11).
- Only Wolves (16) conceded fewer goals away from home than Preston in League One last season (20).
- Scunthorpe kept 21 clean sheets last season in League Two, second only to York (22) in the division.
Walsall V Bradford
- Walsall have won only one of their last six home games against Bradford in league competition, losing twice (D3).
- Bradford have lost just once in their last six league matches against Walsall, winning twice (D3).
- The home team has failed to score in both meetings between Walsall and Bradford last season.
- Only two of James Hanson's last eight goals for Bradford has arrived away from home.
- Walsall were League One's lowest home scorers last season, netting just 21 times.