League 2 Opta Facts – Aug 16
Burton Albion v Dag and Red
- Burton Albion have won only one of their previous eight Football League meetings with the Daggers (D4 L3).
- Dagenham and Redbridge were the winning side in their first Football League encounter with Burton at the Pirelli Stadium. Since then, they've drawn twice and lost once.
- On only one occasion (3-2 in November 2012) have the Brewers managed to grab more than one goal against Dagenham in the league.
- The Daggers have scored in all eight Football League meetings with Burton, but never more than twice in a single fixture.
- Billy Kee has netted in his last two league games against Dagenham & Redbridge at the Pirelli Stadium.
- Dagenham conceded 13 goals in the 15 minutes directly after half-time in League Two last season. No side let in more in this period.
Cheltenham Town v Accrington Stanley
- Cheltenham have failed to keep a clean sheet in all five of their League Two meetings with Accrington Stanley at home.
- Accrington have won on three of their last four trips to Cheltenham in the league, losing once.
- Joe Hanks' winning strike versus Bury last weekend was his first goal in professional football.
- James Gray has scored four goals in last four appearances for Stanley in all competitions.
- The Robins are winless in five at home, losing their last four.
Hartlepool United v Bury
- Hartlepool have been on the losing side in three of their last four league matches with Bury (W1).
- Daniel Nardiello scored in both meetings between Bury and Hartlepool last season, including the winner for the Shakers in November 2013.
- Hartlepool have picked up just one win from their last five home games, losing the other four.
- The Shakers have failed to score in three of their last four matches in league competition
- Pools have failed to score in five of their last eight League Two clashes, winning once (D1 L6).
Luton Town v AFC Wimbledon
- This will be the first league clash between the sides in the Football League.
- Their last encounter came in the Football Conference Playoff in May 2011. After a goalless draw in normal time, the Dons beat Luton 4-3 on penalties to secure a place in the Football League.
- AFC Wimbledon scored with both of their attempts on target last weekend versus Shrewsbury.
- Mark Cullen has netted three times in his last four league appearances for Luton (incl. Conference).
- The Dons have netted exactly two goals in four of their last five matches, failing to score in the other.
Mansfield Town v Oxford United
- Mansfield have never failed to score in 12 Football League matches against the U's at home.
- Oxford netted three goals in each league game against the Stags last season, all via different scorers.
- The Stags have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 Football League clashes against Oxford.
- Only Scunthorpe (15) went on a longer unbeaten run away from home than Oxford did in 2013/14 (14 games).
- 27% of Mansfield's goals last season arrived in the 15 minutes leading up to half-time, a greater proportion than any other side.
- There hasn't been a draw between these two sides in the league since September 2003.
Morecambe v Newport County
- Morecambe won both meetings last season against the Exiles - 4-1 at home in March 2014 and 3-2 away in September 2013.
- In the two fixtures last season against the Shrimps, Tom Naylor (no longer at the club) scored for Newport and scored two own goals. He also gave away a penalty and was sent off.
- Morecambe registered 10 shots on target on the opening weekend, the most in League Two. Indeed, it wasn't until the Shrimps' fourth game of the season in 2013/14 that they reached 10 shots on target.
- No side fired in more shots without scoring on the opening weekend than Newport County (11).
- Morecambe have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three matches, they've not kept four in a row in the league since December 2009.
Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City
- The Pilgrims have lost three of their last five league matches against Exeter (W1 D1).
- The Grecians' victory at Home Park ended a run of six straight league defeats at Plymouth, as well as six consecutive visits in which they had not scored.
- Exeter have kept just one clean sheet in their last 16 League Two fixtures on the road, though it arrived in their most recent outing (v Hartlepool 2-0).
- Plymouth are winless in four at Home Park, losing three and drawing once.
- Reuben Reid has netted three goals in his last three appearances for the Pilgrims.
Portsmouth v Cambridge United
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in six league matches against the U's, winning five and drawing once.
- Cambridge's only league victory over Pompey came in March 1978.
- This will be the first league match between Portsmouth and Cambridge United since March 1993, when they met in the second tier.
- Pompey are unbeaten in their last eight League Two matches, winning five (D3).
- Cambridge United were awarded the first penalty of the 2014/15 football league season, though it was missed.
Shrewsbury Town v Tranmere Rovers
- Shrewsbury have let in exactly one goal in each of their last six home games with Tranmere in the league.
- Tranmere won both of their meetings with the Shrews in League One last season by a single goal.
- This is the first time the sides have met in the fourth tier of English football.
- James Collins scored with both of his shots on target against Wimbledon last weekend.
- Rovers are winless in six matches in league competition, failing to score in four (D2 L4).
Southend United v Stevenage
- The only previous league meeting at Roots Hall came in April 2011 - Barry Corr scored the winner for the Shrimpers in a 1-0 victory.
- The away side has received a red card in each of the last two league games between these two sides.
- Stevenage fired in 15 shots last weekend, four more than any other side in League Two.
- Southend are unbeaten in their last five matches in league competition excluding the playoffs, winning four (D1).
- Last weekend, Stevenage won on the opening day of the Football League season for the first time in their history.
Wycombe Wanderers v Carlisle United
- Wycombe's first game in the Football League was against Carlisle. They drew 2-2 away in August 1993.
- Carlisle have lost only one of their last eight league games against Wycombe (W2 D5).
- Wycombe have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two league games, they've not kept three in a row since February 2013.
- The Cumbrians are winless in seven (D2 L5) and have failed to score in their last four.
- Paris Cowan-Hall's strike against Newport County last weekend ended a run of eight games without a goal.
York City v Northampton Town
- York City have been the victors in the last three league encounters against Northampton Town.
- Northampton have failed to score in each of their last three league games against the Minstermen.
- The last six league games at Bootham Crescent between these two have seen a total of seven goals.
- The Minstermen have gone 18 games unbeaten in league competition excluding the playoffs (W11 D7), last tasting defeat back in January (v Chesterfield, 0-2).
- Northampton have won their last three league games, they've not won four in a row since March 2010.