League One Opta Facts 23 August
Barnsley V Gillingham
- Barnsley have won seven and drawn two of their last nine home league encounters with the Gills.
- Gillingham have conceded two or more goals in five of their last six games at Barnsley (D1 L5).
- Sam Winnall has been caught offside 10 times so far in the league, more than anyone else. For Scunthorpe last season, he was adjudged offside 70 times.
- After failing to score in his final nine games of 2013/14, Gillingham frontman Danny Kedwell has scored in each of his three league appearances this season.
- The Gills have scored three own goals this season. They scored only one last season.
Bradford V Peterborough
- Bradford are unbeaten in their last 11 at home to Peterborough in league competition, winning seven.
- Peterborough have either scored exactly two goals or none at all in each of their last six games against Bradford City (W2 D2 L2).
- James Hanson has scored three goals in his opening three league games.
- Likewise, Kyle Vassell has netted three goals for the Posh, including the winner in their last away game.
- Bradford have faced the fewest number of shots in League One this term (20).
Colchester V Doncaster
- Colchester have lost only one of their last six at home to Doncaster, winning four (D1).
- Doncaster have won their last two games against Colchester, they've not won three in a row since 1989.
- Jabo Ibehre has had the most shots in League One without scoring (10).
- Four of Doncaster's five goals this season have been scored in the final half hour of games.
- The U's have won just one of their last five home games (D2 L2).
Fleetwood V Chesterfield
- Fleetwood have yet to win at home to Chesterfield in any competition since returning to the Football League.
- Chesterfield have never kept a clean sheet against Fleetwood in the Football League.
- The Cod Army have won their opening three games for the first time in a Football League season.
- In fact, only twice before in the Football League have Fleetwood recorded four successive wins, last managing it in January.
- Eoin Doyle has netted four goals in four appearances in all competitions this season for Chesterfield.
Leyton Orient V Walsall
- Leyton Orient are unbeaten in five against Walsall, winning two and drawing three.
- Walsall have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six matches versus the O's.
- Leyton Orient have been the most accurate League One side with their shots so far, finding the target with 60.9% of their shots.
- By contrast, Walsall have been the most wayward shooters in League One, with just 27.3% of their efforts finding the target.
- The O's have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight home league games.
MK Dons V Coventry
- MK Dons' 2-1 victory against Coventry in the most recent clash last term was their first win over the Sky Blues in the Football League.
- Both teams have scored and conceded in each of the previous four Football League clashes.
- No side has received more bookings than MK Dons this campaign (7).
- Coventry have conceded three headed goals so far this season, more than any other club.
- Six of the seven goals scored by MK Dons this season have arrived after half-time.
Port Vale V Notts County
- Port Vale have scored exactly two goals in their last three games against the Magpies (W2 L1).
- Notts County have gone eight games without keeping a clean sheet against Port Vale.
- Tom Pope has scored five goals in four appearances for Port Vale in all competitions this term.
- Roy Carroll has made more saves than anyone else in League 1 (22).
- County received two red cards in their last match against Colchester. They've collected nine since the start of last season, a league-high.
Preston V Oldham
- The Lilywhites have won their last three games against the Latics; they last won four in a row in 1999.
- Oldham have gone 11 games without keeping a clean sheet against Preston North End.
- 10 of Joe Garner's 11 shots in League One this season have been on target.
- Oldham are the only League One side yet to receive a yellow card.
- Preston are unbeaten in 14 home games at Deepdale (incl. playoffs), winning eight and drawing six.
Rochdale V Bristol City
- Rochdale's only victory against Bristol City in the Football League arrived on home soil back in 1982 (1-0).
- Bristol City are unbeaten in three against Rochdale, winning one and drawing two.
- Matt Done scored a hat-trick in Rochdale's 5-2 win over Crewe, while Ian Henderson scored one and assisted three.
- Aaron Wilbraham has now scored three goals in three league appearances this season. In the previous four campaigns, he had scored four times.
- No side has conceded more penalties than Dale this season (2, both v Chesterfield).
Sheff Utd V Crawley
- Sheffield United have yet to beat Crawley Town at Bramall Lane, losing 2-0 in April 2013 and drawing 1-1 in October that same year.
- Crawley Town failed to beat Sheffield United last term, losing the most recent clash 2-0 in March 2014.
- The Blades have lost just two of their previous 16 home games at Bramall Lane in League One (W9 D5).
- Crawley let in three within a 28 minute spell against Bradford, having gone 229 minutes without conceding this season in League One.
- The Red Devils have faced the most shots so far in League One (52).
Swindon V Crewe
- Swindon have gone five games unbeaten at home to Crewe, winning the last three.
- The Railwaymen have failed to score in three of their last four at Swindon.
- Swindon have had the most shots in League One this season (48 including blocked), finding the net five times.
- Crewe are one of two League One sides yet to register a point (Scunthorpe are the other).
- The Railwaymen last lost four on the spin in the league in April 2013, a run which included a 4-1 win defeat at Swindon.
Yeovil V Scunthorpe
- Yeovil have won their last two against the Iron, they've never won three in a row.
- After scoring exactly two goals in four games in a row against the Glovers, Scunthorpe have failed to score in their last two.
- Yeovil are one of three sides yet to score in the first half this season.
- Scunthorpe have scored just once in their opening three games, letting in nine. No side has let in more in League One this term.
- The Iron lost five games all season in League Two last year - they've lost their opening three in League One.