League One Opta Facts Aug 19
Peterborough United v Sheffield United
- The Posh have only scored once in six previous league games against Sheffield United.
- The Blades have only lost one of nine meetings with Peterborough overall (W6 D2), but that was at London Road in 2009/10.
- Conor Washington has recorded an assist in both of his league games for the Posh this campaign.
- The Blades haven't lost their first three league games of a season since 1995/96.
- Kyle Vassell has netted three times this season in his opening two games. He scored just once in eight games for Peterborough last season in all competitions.
Bristol City v Leyton Orient
- The Robins are unbeaten in nine league clashes with Orient, winning six and drawing three.
- Indeed the O's have not won at Ashton Gate since January 1974 (1-0).
- On Saturday, Aaron Wilbraham scored his first brace in league competition since April 2010.
- Dean Cox supplied two assists in Leyton Orient's 3-1 over Oldham at the weekend.
- Bristol City last won their opening three league games of a season in 2001/02, also in the third tier.
Chesterfield v Milton Keynes Dons
- The Spireites have won just one of their previous eight meetings with MK Dons, drawing four and losing three.
- The Dons have won two and drawn two of their four previous away games against Chesterfield.
- The only occasion that Chesterfield have conceded six goals in a game since 2004 was a 6-2 defeat to MK Dons in August 2011.
- Indeed the Dons have only twice netted six or more in a league game, with one coming in that rout of the Spireites.
- Chesterfield have scored and conceded in seven of their previous eight meetings with MK Dons.
- MK Dons are yet to manage a clean sheet in four league trips to Chesterfield.
Coventry City v Barnsley
- The Sky Blues have won 11 of their last 15 league games against Barnsley, drawing two and losing two.
- Barnsley have only kept one clean sheet in their last 15 against Coventry City.
- Leroy Lita scored his first league goal since November 2013.
- Only Preston have faced fewer shots (14) than the Sky Blues (15) in League One this season.
- The Tykes have gone 10 away games without a draw (W4 L6).
Crawley Town v Bradford City
- Crawley have won both previous home league games against the Bantams (1-0 in 2013/14, 3-1 in 2011/12).
- After losing the first three meetings between these sides, Bradford beat Crawley 2-1 in the most recent clash.
- Crawley Town are the only League One side yet to concede this season.
- Despite this, the Red Devils have faced the most shots in League One this season (39).
- The Bantams have conceded 36 fouls in their opening two games, while Crawley have conceded the next most (30).
Crewe Alexandra v Rochdale
- Alex have only won three of their last 12 league meetings with Rochdale (D4 L5).
- Rochdale have scored on each of their last 12 trips to Crewe but have never scored more than twice (15 goals in total).
- Both sides are searching for their first points of the campaign.
- Rochdale last lost their opening three games in a season in 2006/07, though this did come in the fourth tier.
- No side has had fewer shots on target in League One than Crewe so far this season (4).
Doncaster Rovers v Preston North End
- Rovers have only won two of their last 11 against PNE in the Football League (D5 L4).
- Preston have found the net on each of their last nine league trips to Doncaster.
- Doncaster have lost their last five home games. They lost six on the trot at the Keepmoat in April 2012.
- Joe Garner has netted three goals in two appearances this season, having scored just once in his six appearances at the end of last season (including playoffs).
- PNE have had the most shots on goal in League One so far (29).
Gillingham v Swindon Town
- Gillingham have only lost one of their last 33 home league meetings with Swindon Town, winning 23 and drawing nine.
- Indeed the Robins have failed to score on six of their last nine trips to Priestfield.
- The Gills have had the fewest attempts on goal in League One so far, just 10. However four of their five shots on target have resulted in a goal.
- Swindon Town have been awarded the most corners in the division (22).
- Gillingham have lost just three of their last 12 home games (W7 D2).
Notts County v Colchester United
- The Magpies have won their last five home league games against Colchester, scoring 14 and conceding just two.
- Indeed the U's have only managed one clean sheet in their last 18 trips to Meadow Lane, conceding 42 times in this run.
- Notts County have taken just six corners so far in League One, no side has had fewer.
- George Moncur has scored in successive league games for the first time in his career.
- Colchester are one of three sides yet to receive a booking.
Oldham Athletic v Port Vale
- The Latics have only lost two of their last 17 league games against Vale at home, winning 11 and drawing four.
- Port Vale have found the net in 13 of their last 15 league games against Oldham Athletic.
- Oldham have only managed one win in their last four home games against Vale (D1 L2).
- Vale have scored exactly once in seven of their last nine trips to Boundary Park, failing to score in their other two.
- Only against Notts County (34) have Oldham lost more league games than they have against Port Vale (31).
- Former Port Vale loanee Jack Grimmer scored the first goal of his professional career in the last meeting between these sides (1-0 win).
Scunthorpe United v Fleetwood Town
- Scunthorpe have won one and drawn one of their two previous meetings with the Cod Army.
- Fleetwood failed to score in both meetings with Scunthorpe last season, the first two clashes between the sides.
- The Iron have shipped seven goals in the opening two fixtures, more than any other side in the division.
- Fleetwood have won their opening two games. They've never managed to win their first three in a Football League season.
- By contrast, the last time Scunthorpe were in League One in 2012/13, they lost their first three games of the campaign.
Walsall v Yeovil Town
- The Saddlers are without a win in seven against Yeovil (D4 L3).
- Indeed, the Glovers have won two and drawn two of their last four visits to the Bescot Stadium.
- Walsall have been fouled the most in League One this season (32 fouls won).
- Yeovil Town are the only side yet to score in League One this season so far. Walsall have scored just once.
- Walsall have been victorious just once in their last 12 home games in League One (D6 L5).