League One Opta Facts – August 17
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
- In a run stretching back to last season, Bristol City are winless in their last five home matches (D2 L3).
- Wolves have scored 17 goals in their last five trips to Bristol, averaging at 3.4 goals per game.
- Bristol City have gone 10 league games without beating Wolves, losing seven times (D3).
- Wolves have not won any of their last four away matches in the league (D1 L3).
- The Robins have the best shooting accuracy in the division so far (61%).
- Carlisle enjoyed victories in both their matches against Coventry in the 2012/13 campaign.
- Coventry's 5-4 over Bristol City on Sunday ended a six-match winless run in the league (D2 L4).
- The Cumbrian side are unbeaten in their last three league fixtures against the Sky Blues, winning twice (D1).
- Carlisle have shipped more goals (nine) than any other side in League One this season, including three from outside the area.
- Callum Wilson has netted in consecutive league appearances for the first time in his career and is the division's joint-top scorer with three so far.
- Carlisle's last home victory came in March, since then they have lost two and drawn three at Brunton Park.
- Crawley Town have not lost at home in the league since February; since then, they have won four and drawn four.
- Rotherham have not lost a match since April 6th. They ended last season with five consecutive wins and have drawn two so far this term.
- This will be the first time the two clubs have met since the 2011/12 season, when Crawley beat the Millers on both occasions (2-1 & 3-0).
- Last season, no League One side had a higher percentage of second half goals than Crawley (68%; 40 of 59 goals).
- Crewe are unbeaten in six home games against Tranmere, winning four of those (D2).
- Tranmere have been on target with just 29% of their attempts at goal so far this season, the worst shooting accuracy in the league.
- Since 1999/2000, only one of Tranmere's six league victories against Crewe have occurred at the Alexandra Stadium.
- Rovers' last victory in the league came on the 24th March. Since then, they have lost six and drawn two of their eight League One matches.
- Gillingham have gone four league games without victory over the Bees (D2 L2) and have also failed to score in their last two.
- Brentford have lost just one of their last eight league games (W3 D4).
- The Bees have scored in each of their last eight games against the Gills. However, they've won only two of those (D4 L2).
- Gillingham are one of three teams yet to find the back of the net this season in League One despite their nine shots on target.
- Peterborough have scored five times in each of their last two matches against Oldham.
- Oldham have conceded more than one goal in just two of their last eight away matches.
- Peterborough are currently enjoying a four-match unbeaten streak against the Latics, winning the last three on the bounce.
- The Posh were last defeated at home in February, since then they have won four and drawn three.
- Both teams have netted in each of Port Vale's last six home league games.
- Bradford have lost just one of their last 11 league games, winning six and drawing four in this run.
- The Bantams have failed to beat Port Vale in nine attempts, losing six and drawing three.
- The Vale have not scored in five of their last eight home league matches against Bradford.
- Stretching back to 2012/13, Port Vale are unbeaten in five home matches (W2 D3).
- The two sides have met just four times in the league with Preston yet to taste defeat, winning once (D3).
- MK Dons have shut out their opponents in both of their league games so far and have not conceded in 329 minutes of league football in total.
- Neither side has managed to score more than one goal in each of the four previous matches between them.
- Preston have mustered just 11 shots so far this season (excluding blocked). Only Carlisle (10) have had fewer efforts at goal.
- Preston's opening day draw with Wolves stretched their unbeaten record at Deepdale to eight matches (W5 D3), with their last defeat coming on February 2nd.
- Sheffield United have not lost to Colchester in six league games (W2 D4).
- Colchester have won only one league match at Bramall Lane in their history (D1 L4).
- Sheffield United have lost just one of their last nine games at Bramall Lane (W3 D5).
- Colchester have kept two clean sheets either side of the end of last season. In total they have gone 372 minutes of league football without conceding.
Shrewsbury v Swindon
Shrewsbury have won two and lost four of their last eight matches in all competitions (D2).
Swindon have managed to score in each of their last seven league matches against Shrewsbury.
The Shrews have lost eight of the last 10 matches against the Robins (W2).
Swindon have not drawn a league game since March, since then they have won three and lost five (excluding play-offs).
Stevenage v Leyton Orient
Stevenage's last league victory came on April Fools' Day, since then they have drawn one and lost the last five.
Stevenage have scored just once in the four league matches in which they've faced the Orient.
Leyton Orient have attempted more shots at goal (33; excluding blocked) than any other side so far this season in League One and are also the division's top scorers with eight.
The two sides have met just four times in the league, with Stevenage winning once and Leyton Orient winning twice (D1).
With their 100% start to the season, the O's have now won four and lost none (D1) of their last five league matches in total.
Walsall v Notts County
Walsall have picked up one victory in their last six league matches against the Magpies (L3 D2).
Both teams have netted in seven of Notts County's last eight league matches.
After winning four consecutive home games against Notts County, Walsall have failed to win in three matches at the Bescot Stadium (D1 L2).
Including a League Cup victory, the Saddlers have won three on the bounce at the start of this season. It is their best run of form since January, when they won four on the trot.