League One Opta Facts October 3rd
Blackpool v Swindon
- The Seasiders have only lost once at Bloomfield Road against Swindon in their 17 league meetings (W8 D8).
- The last eight encounters between these two sides have seen the match end in a draw, with the previous two meetings finishing goalless.
- Blackpool ended a run of 13 home games without a win in midweek, beating Chesterfield 2-0 at Bloomfield Road.
- The Robins have scored a league-high proportion 81% of their goals in the second half of games this season (13/16).
No side has scored fewer (3) or conceded more (13) second half goals in League One this season than Blackpool.
Burton v Southend
- Burton are unbeaten in their last four matches against Southend (W2 D2), including their two legged play-off semi-final win against the Shrimpers in May 2014.
- This fixture has seen seven red cards in the 12 matches played in the league (inc. play-offs), Southend with two and Burton with five.
- Burton have alternated between a win and a defeat in each of their five regular season home league games against Southend. They won the last encounter.
- Southend have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league matches versus the Brewers (excl. play-offs).
- Burton have conceded just three goals in their last six league games against Southend and never more than once in that run (excl. play-offs).
- Only on two occasions have four goals been scored in a match (all comps) between Burton and Southend; 2013/14 play-off second leg (2-2) and at the Pirelli Stadium in December 2010.
Colchester v Bury
- Colchester have won four out of their last five League One matches played against Bury (L1), scoring 12 goals.
- The Shakers have only managed four victories at Colchester in all of their 25 league meetings (D8 L13), with two of them coming in their last five matches.
- The U's have won four successive league games for the first time since December 2009. They've not won five in a row since February 2006 (a run of seven).
- Meanwhile, Bury have won their last five games in League One. No side is on a current longer winning streak in the division than these two.
- Colchester's Callum Harriott has scored in his last three appearances while Leon Clarke has scored four in his last four for Bury.
Coventry v Shrewsbury
- Coventry have failed to beat Shrewsbury in their last five attempts. The last time they beat them was in October 1963 when they put eight past the Shrews (8-1).
- Shrewsbury are currently on their best ever run against the Sky Blues, now unbeaten in five league games against them (W2 D3).
- The Sky Blues have won three of their last four home games, drawing the other.
- The Shrews have lost just one of their last six on the road (W3 D2), scoring at least once in each of those games.
- Shrewsbury have conceded three goals from penalties this season, more than any other League One team.
Crewe v Chesterfield
- Crewe and Chesterfield drew 5-5 in 2011 in League Two, which is still the highest scoring draw in that division.
- Chesterfield have failed to score on four of their last seven league visits to Gresty Road, previously they had scored in eight consecutive matches against the Spireites.
- The Railwaymen have scored exactly once in each of their last five league games (W1 D1 L3).
- The Spireites have lost their last two away league games, failing to score in both. They've not gone three without a goal on the road since August 2011 (a run of four).
- No team has conceded more goals than Crewe in League One this season (18, level with Fleetwood).
Doncaster v Barnsley
- Doncaster are unbeaten against Barnsley in their last five league encounters (W2 D3), keeping a clean sheet in three of those.
- After winning three consecutive matches at the Keepmoat and keeping three clean sheets, the Tykes have failed to win or keep a clean sheet in their last three (D1 L2).
- No team has scored fewer goals in League One this season than Doncaster (7).
- Barnsley have conceded in each of their last eight away games, shipping 16 in total.
- All seven of Rovers' goals this season have come from different players.
Gillingham v Oldham
- In the last 31 league meetings between these two sides, there have been two draws, with Gillingham winning 14 matches to Oldham's 15.
- Oldham have won eight of their last 12 matches in the league against the Gills, keeping a clean sheet on eight of those occasions.
- Gillingham have won their last eight home league games. They've not won nine in a row since December 1963 (a run of 10).
- The Latics have scored exactly once in each of their last seven games, conceding at least once as well (D5 L2).
- Indeed, Oldham are on the current longest winless run in League One of eight games, though six of those have ended level (L2).
Peterborough v Millwall
- Peterborough have kept three clean sheets in their last five encounters with Millwall in League One, although when they did concede, they went onto lose (W2 D1 L2).
- The Lions have scored in their last six matches against the Posh in all competitions, winning four of these, including both matches played at London Road (D1 L1).
- The Posh have found the net at least once in each of their last nine games (W3 D2 L4).
- Millwall are unbeaten on the road in the league this season (W3 D2).
- Peterborough have been shown a league-high three red cards this season, including one in each of their last two home games.
Port Vale v Sheff Utd
- The first time these two sides met each other in the football league was in 1893, Sheff Utd won 10-0 at the Athletic Ground.
- The Blades have scored in each of their last 12 matches played in all competitions against Port Vale, winning nine of these meetings (L3).
- Vale are without a clean sheet in six league games.
- Billy Sharp has scored in six of his last seven League One games for Sheffield United.
- The Blades have scored a joint league-high 13 second-half goals this season, level with Swindon.
Rochdale v Bradford
- In the last six league fixtures between these two sides, the team playing at home has failed to win; with the away side winning on five occasions (D1).
- The Bantams have won three times in their last four visits to Spotland in all competitons (D1).
- Rochdale have drawn none of their last 17 home league games (W12 L5), scoring at least once in each of the last 16.
- Bradford have conceded a league-high 133 fouls this season.
- Peter Vincenti has found the back of the net in five of his last six league appearances for Rochdale.
Scunthorpe v Fleetwood
- The Iron have failed to score in both home league matches against Fleetwood, however they did score in both away matches (W1 D1).
- Jamie Proctor scored in both matches played between Scunthorpe and Fleetwood last season in League One.
- Scunthorpe have not conceded more than once in their last 17 home league games, shipping 12 goals in total in that time.
- The Cod Army have lost their last three games on the road, conceding nine goals in total.
- The Iron have scored six of their eight goals this season in either the first 15 minutes or the last 15 minutes of their games (75%).
Wigan vs Walsall
- Wigan have won eight of their last 10 home league encounters with Walsall, scoring 22 and conceding only five.
- Walsall have failed to score in five of their last seven league visits to the DW Stadium, losing each time they didn't score. However when they did score, they recorded at least a draw (W1 D1).
- Michael Jacobs has scored in his last three games for Wigan at the DW Stadium, earning the Latics five points.
- The Saddlers have won four of their five away games this season, drawing the other. They've scored 10 goals in those five games, conceding just twice.
- Indeed, Walsall have conceded a league-low six goals this season, over half the number Wigan have (13).
View our full range of League 1 betting