Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 11-12 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Lorient
- Lorient have never won at Auxerre's Abbé-Deschamps stadium in L1 (four defeats and three draws), conceding 20 goals in seven games.
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last nine Ligue 1 encounters against Lorient, registering four victories and five draws.
- Auxerre have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight league matches, currently the worst such sequence in the top flight.
- Auxerre have already suffered more defeats in Ligue 1 this term (10) than over the whole of last season (nine).
- Auxerre have lost all of their league games this season in the absence of attacking midfielder Alain Traore (four defeats in as many games).
- Lorient have drawn their last three league games and have not won any of their last six.
- A league-high 81% of Lorient's goals this season have been scored in the second half of matches.
Brest - Dijon
- Dijon have won four of their last five competitive encounters with Brest.
- Dijon are unbeaten in their last seven trips to Brest in all competitions.
- Brest have not won any of their three matches against promoted sides this season in Ligue 1, losing to Dijon and drawing with both Ajaccio and ETG.
- Brest are the least prolific team in this season's Ligue 1 with 20 goals whilst Dijon have the league's worst defence with 41 goals conceded.
- Brest are the only team that have yet to concede more than two goals in a Ligue 1 match this season.
- Issam Jemaa has scored more goals for the Tunisian national team (27) than he has throughout his entire Ligue 1 career (20).
- Brest belong to a group of three clubs that have remained unbeaten once they have taken the lead in Ligue 1 matches this season (with PSG and Lille).
- All of Bruno Grougi's six goals for Brest in Ligue 1 this season have been scored at the Francis-le Blé Stadium.
Évian TG - Marseille
- The head to head record between these two teams is perfectly matched with both ETG and Marseille counting a win and three goals each.
- The only previous meeting between these teams at the Parc des Sports stadium was in January 2011 when ETG beat Marseille 3-1 in a Cup encounter.
- Pablo Correa has lost all his five matches against Didier Deschamps during his Ligue 1 managerial career; the Uruguayan has yet to win a league match in charge of Evian TG (two defeats and one draw).
- Brandao has found the net in all of his three competitive starts since returning to Marseille.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last 13 competitive matches, registering 11 wins and two draws.
- Benoit Cheyrou has scored four goals in his last seven competitive appearances for Marseille.
- Evian TG are unbeaten in their last five home games, registering four wins and one draw.
- Loïc Rémy is one of two players to have scored a headed brace in a Ligue 1 match this season; he completed this feat against Évian Thonon Gaillard.
Lyon - Caen
- Since 2010, Lyon have only lost two of their 38 matches at home in Ligue 1, winning 26 and drawing ten.
- Caen are unbeaten against Lyon in Ligue 1 since returning to the top flight last season, registering two home wins and one draw at Lyon's Gerland stadium.
- Four red cards have been brandished in the last four competitive encounters between Lyon and Caen.
- Caen are now winless in their last 10 competitive games, suffering eight defeats in the process.
- Caen have never won away to Lyon in Ligue 1, registering eight defeats and three draws.
- Caen have failed to score in six of their last eight Ligue 1 trips to Lyon's Gerland stadium.
- Lyon have failed to score a single goal in their last two league matches against Caen.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored five goals in six Ligue 1 appearances against Caen.
- Caen's last league goal that did not come from the penalty spot was scored by Lenny Nangis back in November 2011.
Montpellier - Ajaccio
- Montpellier have won their last five competitive encounters with Ajaccio, scoring 14 goals to Ajaccio's four.
- Montpellier's three matches against promoted clubs in L1 this season have produced 18 goals, an average of six per game.
- Montpellier have won their three Ligue 1 matches in 2012 by identical 1-0 score lines; they are the only team along with leaders PSG to boast a 100% record in Ligue 1 since the turn of the year.
- Since December, only Paris SG and Marseille have picked up more Ligue 1 points than Ajaccio (14).
- Ajaccio and Montpellier have not registered any 0-0 draws this season, only Lyon share this characteristic.
- Ajaccio have scored at least one goal in each of their last nine Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest such run in the top flight.
- Ajaccio's Eduardo has the best goals-per-game ratio in Ligue 1 this season with three goals in as many appearances.
Valenciennes - Nancy
- Valenciennes have not won two consecutive Ligue 1 matches for two years, the last time they managed to do so was in February 2010.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last 10 league encounters against Valenciennes, registering five victories and five draws.
- The last five league encounters between Nancy and Valenciennes have witnessed five red cards.
- Nancy have scored at least one goal in each of their last eight Ligue 1 encounters against Valenciennes.
- Valenciennes have not registered a single draw in any of their last nine Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest such sequence in the top flight.
- Nancy are one of two teams with more wins on the road than at home this season.
- Nancy have won three of their last four away league matches.
Rennes - Sochaux
- 14 goals have been scored in the last two Ligue 1 encounters between Rennes and Sochaux.
- Eight goals were scored the last time these teams met (Sochaux 2-6 Rennes) a record high for a Ligue 1 match this season, along with Montpellier v Dijon (5-3) and Lille v Nice (4-4).
- Three penalties have been awarded in the last two Ligue 1 encounters between Rennes and Sochaux.
- Rennes have only lost one of their 10 home matches in L1 this season, whilst Sochaux have only won one of their 11 away games.
- Sochaux have not won any of their last nine competitive matches, suffering seven defeats in the process.
- Sochaux have only scored one goal in their last six league matches.
- A league-high 72% of the goals Sochaux have conceded in Ligue 1 this season have come in the second half of games.
- Mevlut Erding has scored four goals in just four Ligue 1 starts against his former club Sochaux.
Lille - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have only won one of their last 12 league matches against Lille (3-1 in March 2010).
- The last three league encounters between Bordeaux and Lille have all ended as 1-1 draws.
- The reverse fixture this season still holds the record for the most fouls committed in a Ligue 1 match this season (49).
- Bordeaux have not scored a single goal in their last four away matches in Ligue 1.
- Lille have only lost one of their last 25 home matches in Ligue 1.
- Four penalties have been awarded in the last five encounters between Lille and Bordeaux.
- Nolan Roux has scored five goals in his last five Ligue 1 matches.
- Eden Hazard is enjoying his most prolific season in the top flight with eight goals.
- Both of Lille's defeats in L1 this season took place on Sundays.
Nice - Paris SG
- PSG have lost five of their last six league matches at Nice's Stade du Ray, but took the three points in their last visit (3-0 in February 2011).
- Paris SG have already won as many league matches in Ligue 1 this term as over the whole of last season (15).
- All four of Nice's wins this season in Ligue 1 have come at home and been by at least a two-goal margin.
- The three goals scored in the reverse fixture earlier this season were all from the penalty spot (2-1 at the Parc des Princes in September) a record for a Ligue 1 match this term.
- PSG are currently on a run of four victories, currently the best sequence in Ligue 1.
- Nice have conceded the most penalties in L1 this season (eight), whilst PSG have been awarded the most (seven).
- PSG's Nenê has only scored in two different stadiums this season in all competitions: the Parc des Princes and the MMArena in Le Mans.
Toulouse - St Etienne
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last three L1 matches against Toulouse, registering two victories and one draw.
- Nine of Toulouse's last 10 league goals against St Etienne have been scored in the first half of games.
- Toulouse have kept the most clean sheets in Ligue 1 this season (11).
- St Etienne striker Bakary Sako has only converted one of his 55 shots in L1 this season, striking the woodwork six times in the process.
- All of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's eight goals in Ligue 1 for St Etienne have been scored away from home.
- 50% of St Etienne's goals on the road in Ligue 1 this season have been scored by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (six out of 12).
- Franck Tabanou has scored from outside the box in each of the last two league encounters between St Etienne and Toulouse.
- Toulouse have recorded the most goalless draws in Ligue 1 this season (four).