Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 18-20 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Lyon - Nancy
- Nancy have lost their last 9 league trips to Lyon.
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last 11 league encounters with Nancy (10 wins, one draw).
- Nancy have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 away games in all competitions.
- Only 12% of Lyon's goals have come in the last 15 minutes of play (four out of 34), the lowest ratio in Ligue 1 this season.
- Jimmy Briand was involved in all three of Lyon's goals in their victory at Nancy earlier this season, delivering an assist and scoring a brace.
- Nancy attacking midfielder Marama Vahirua has scored seven goals against Lyon in his career (all competitions). However, he has never scored at Stade Gerland in the league.
Auxerre - Arles-Avignon
- Auxerre and Arles-Avignon are the only sides who have yet to win in Ligue 1 in 2011.
- Auxerre are winless in their last 14 competitive games, the worst run currently among team in Ligue 1.
- The last three league games played at the Abbé-Deschamps stadium have all ended 1-1.
- Auxerre secured their biggest win of the season so far when they beat Arles-Avignon 4-0 last October.
- Arles-Avignon have won only one of their 25 competitive games this season, suffering 17 defeats and seven draws.
- Arles-Avignon have failed to score away from home in their last 659 minutes of action.
Brest - Monaco
- Monaco are the visiting side who have won the most games at Brest in the top-flight: five wins. Two Brest victories and three draws complete the full head-to-head.
- Monaco have won only one of their last 20 away games in the league, suffering 10 draws and nine defeats.
- Brest have lost only one of their 11 home league games this season. Six of those have ended in draws.
- 2-0 to Monaco is the most frequent score in this fixture: it's happened five times.
- Brest have the worst defensive record in Ligue 1 since the turn of the year, having conceded nine goals.
- Brest midfielder Bruno Grougi has been involved in all five of his side's goals in 2011, in all competitions, scoring three goals and delivering two assists.
- Monaco's Chu-Young Park has scored six goals in the last 15 minutes, a league-high this season.
Caen - Valenciennes
- The seven games between Caen and Valenciennes in the top-flight have all ended in home wins.
- Valenciennes have won only one of their last 18 away games in the league.
- Valenciennes' two away league goals in 2011 have both been scored by Mathieu Dossevi.
- Only one of Caen's last 15 competitive games has ended in a draw.
- Romain Hamouma has been directly involved in four of Caen's last five league goals, scoring twice and delivering two assists.
- Valenciennes striker Mamadou Samassa has scored two goals against Caen in Ligue 1 this season, for two different sides (Marseille & Valenciennes).
Lens - Sochaux
- Lens have picked up only 24 points so far this season, their worst tally at this stage since 1992/93.
- Lens have scored the most goals against Sochaux in the history of the top-flight (168).
- Sochaux have lost four of their last five league games. They have also lost their last four away league games on the bounce.
- Sochaux have only won one of their last 22 top-flight trips to Lens, suffering 14 defeats.
- Lens are unbeaten at their Bollaert stadium since the arrival of new manager Laszlo Bölöni.
- Sochaux's Damien Perquis is the most prolific defender this season with four league goals.
- 1-1 is the most frequent scoreline in this encounter: it's happened 14 times in the past.
Marseille - St Etienne
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last six league games against St Etienne, with four wins and two draws.
- St Etienne have won none of their last 16 league trips to Marseille, suffering 14 defeats.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last 10 home league games, the longest current run in the top-flight.
- André-Pierre Gignac has scored six goals in his last five league games against St Etienne. He scored a brace last week against Sochaux.
- Brandao has scored three goals in his four competitive games against St Etienne.
- St Etienne have opened the scoring eight times away from home, only Lille have done as well this season in Ligue 1. However, St Etienne have also lost the most games after netting the opening goal this season (three).
Lorient - Bordeaux
- Lorient have lost four of their six home league games against Bordeaux.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last eight home league games, keeping a clean sheet in the last four.
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last five competitive games away from home.
- Bordeaux have conceded only three goals in their six league trips to Lorient's Moustoir stadium.
- Bordeaux striker Anthony Modeste has scored four goals in six competitive games since the turn of the year.
- Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro has scored six goals in his last four competitive games.
Montpellier - Lille
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 13 league games, the longest current run in the division.
- A Montpellier player has scored a brace in Lille's last two visits to the La Mosson stadium (Victor Montaño and Hassan Kabze).
- Lille have scored in each of their last 20 league games, the longest run in a top-flight campaign since Nantes in 1984/85.
- Montpellier have scored in each of their last nine home league games.
- 65% of the goals conceded by Montpellier have come in the 1st half (15 out of 23), the highest ratio in Ligue 1 this season.
- 0-0 is the most frequent scoreline in this fixture: it's happened five times in the past.
- Lille striker Moussa Sow has scored six goals in his last five league games on the road.
Nice - Paris SG
- PSG have lost their last five league trips to Nice, each time by a one-goal margin.
- Nice have kept a clean sheet in their last three league games against PSG.
- PSG have failed to score in their last 221 minutes of league action, the longest current drought.
- PSG manager Antoine Kombouaré has never won at Nice as a manager in Ligue 1
- Nice have only scored four goals in their last 11 league games, and never more than one per game.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven league games away from home.
- 1-1 is the most frequent scoreline in this encounter: it's happened eight times.
Toulouse - Rennes
- Toulouse have won their last four home league games at home without conceding a single goal, their best run at home in the top-flight since the 1986/87 season.
- The last three league encounters between Toulouse and Rennes have seen 14 goals.
- Rennes have won none of their last seven away league games. Since last October, only Arles-Avignon have picked up fewer points (2) on the road than Rennes (3).
- Rennes have been awarded the most penalties in Ligue 1 this season (5).
- Victor Montaño's five goals for Rennes this season in Ligue 1 have all given them the victory.
- None of Toulouse's last 12 league games have ended in a draw, the longest run in Ligue 1.