Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 20-21 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bordeaux - Auxerre
- Bordeaux have won six of their last eight league encounters with Auxerre.
- Auxerre have won none of their last 10 league fixtures played in August.
- Anthony Modeste scored in both meetings against Auxerre last season in the league.
- Auxerre have suffered 28 defeats against Bordeaux, and conceded 78 goals against Les Girondins, more than against any other opponent they have faced in the top flight.
- Two of Auxerre's three Ligue 1 goals this season have been scored by Alain Traoré, both from outside the box.
Brest - Lyon
- Lyon have managed to win only one of their six trips to Brest in the top flight, losing four and drawing one.
- Lyon failed to win any of their three trips to the Brittany region last season in Ligue 1.
- Brest have won just one of their last 10 Ligue 1 games.
- Brest have failed to win any of their last five home league games, their longest winless run at the Francis-Le Blé stadium since earning promotion last season.
- Lisandro currently boasts a higher goals-per-game ratio than any other active Ligue 1 player (0.55).
Caen - Lille
- Lille scored 12 goals in their three competitive games against Caen last term.
- Caen are unbeaten in their last nine league matches, currently the longest run.
- Lille have won five of their last six competitive meetings with Caen.
- Caen have managed to score in each of their last nine home games in Ligue 1.
- Caen have never managed to win their opening three Ligue 1 matches of the season.
- Moussa Sow scored four goals against Caen last season in Ligue 1, including a hat trick at the Michel d'Ornano stadium.
- Romain Hamouma has scored seven goals in his last 11 league appearances.
Dijon - Lorient
- The four competitive encounters between these teams have produced only three goals.
- Yann Jouffre has been involved in Lorient's two goals this season in Ligue 1, scoring one goal and delivering one assist.
- Dijon have used more players than any other side this season in Ligue 1 (20).
- Former Dijon player Lynel Kitambala has scored six goals in his last five league appearances at the Gaston Gerard stadium.
- Lorient are the only team with an unchanged starting XI in the first two match days.
- Lorient have won only one of their last seven league matches.
Nice - Toulouse
- Toulouse have started their Ligue 1 season with two wins for the sixth time in their history.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with Toulouse, winning three and drawing one.
- Toulouse have won their last four Ligue 1 games, all by a 2-0 score line, currently the longest run.
- Nice have lost their last three league matches, currently the longest run.
- Toulouse goalkeeper Ali Hamada has conceded just three goals in his 11 Ligue 1 appearances.
- Four of Paulo Machado's last six goals in Ligue 1 have come from the penalty spot.
Ajaccio - Evian TG
- Ajaccio are unbeaten against Evian TG in all competitions, winning twice and drawing once.
- None of Ajaccio's last 11 home games in Ligue 1 have ended in a draw (five wins and six defeats).
- Richard Socrier scored in both Ligue 2 encounters between Ajaccio and Evian TG last season.
- Ajaccio have picked-up the most cards after two match days this season (seven).
- Bernard Casoni has won just one of his 11 away games as a Ligue 1 manager.
Montpellier - Rennes
- Rennes have won just one of their last five trips to Montpellier in Ligue 1.
- The last three league meetings between Montpellier and Rennes have produced four red cards.
- Since gaining promotion to the top flight in 2009, Montpellier have yet to lose a Ligue 1 game in August (six wins and four draws).
- Three of Joris Marveaux's five Ligue 1 goals have come against Rennes.
- Rennes have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last seven away games in Ligue 1.
Nancy - Sochaux
- Sochaux have failed to win any of their last five trips to Nancy in Ligue 1.
- None of the last 25 league meetings between Nancy and Sochaux have ended goalless.
- Both goals conceded by Nancy this season in Ligue 1 have come from opposition defenders.
- Pascal Berenguer has scored three goals in his last three league appearances at home.
- The last two visiting teams at the Marcel Picot stadium in Ligue 1 have conceded an own goal.
- Ryad Boudebouz has scored four goals in his last seven Ligue 1 appearances. 10 of his 15 goals in the top flight have come from set-piece situations.
Paris SG - Valenciennes
- PSG won their three competitive encounters with Valenciennes last season, scoring eight goals in the process.
- Valenciennes have won just twice in their 13 trips to the Parc des Princes in Ligue 1.
- Nenê has netted five goals in his six Ligue 1 appearances against Valenciennes, more than against any other opponent in the French league.
- The last eight competitive encounters between PSG and Valenciennes have all seen both teams score.
- Valenciennes are the only side who have yet to score a goal this season in Ligue 1.
- PSG have failed to win any of their last seven Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest run.
Marseille - St Etienne
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last seven Ligue 1 matches against St Etienne, winning five and drawing two.
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last 17 trips to Marseille in Ligue 1, their last win at the Velodrome stadium saw Michel Platini score a goal (August 1979).
- St Etienne have suffered more defeats against Marseille in Ligue 1 than against any other opponent (40).
- Marseille are the first-ever team to draw 2-2 in five consecutive Ligue 1 matches.
- Loïc Rémy is the first player to score in seven consecutive Ligue 1 appearances since 2003 (Shabani Nonda).
- Andre-Pierre Gignac has scored six goals against St Etienne in the last three Ligue 1 seasons, more than any other player during that period of time.