Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 22-23 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bordeaux v Brest
- Since January 2010, Bordeaux have won just 27% of their league matches.
- The last three Ligue 1 encounters between these sides have all ended in away wins.
- Brest have managed to win both of their last two trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1, scoring six goals in the process.
- The last four league matches played at the Chaban-Delmas stadium have all ended as draws.
- Bordeaux have failed to win any of their last five home matches in Ligue 1, their longest run without success since May 2005.
- Brest have scored only one away goal this term, fewer than any other Ligue 1 side.
- Brest are only the third team in Ligue 1 history to draw eight of their opening 10 games of the season.
Caen v Montpellier
- Caen are unbeaten in their last seven competitive encounters against Montpellier, winning three and drawing four (all 0-0).
- Montpellier have scored in all of their away games this season in the league.
- The Michel-d'Ornano stadium has witnessed fewer goals than any other Ligue 1 ground this season (eight).
- Caen have failed to win any of their last 11 October fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have equalled their best-ever start of a Ligue 1 season.
- Montpellier's Souleymane Camara has scored more goals as a substitute than any other player in the top five European leagues this season (four).
- Montpellier's Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last four league appearances.
Marseille v Ajaccio
- Marseille have won 14 of their last 15 home league games against promoted opposition.
- Ajaccio are unbeaten in their last four top-flight meetings against Marseille, winning three and drawing one.
- Ajaccio's only win in 10 Ligue 1 trips to Marseille occurred in April 2005.
- Ajaccio have won just one of their last 22 away games in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have won just one of their last 13 league matches.
- For the first time in their Ligue 1 history, Marseille have drawn six of their first 10 games of the season.
- Ajaccio are the only Ligue 1 side without a clean sheet this season.
Nancy v Nice
- Nice have lost 10 of their last 12 trips to Nancy in the league.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last four league encounters against Nice, winning three and drawing one.
- Nancy have drawn each of their last three home games in Ligue 1.
- Nice have won just one of their last 22 away games in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have suffered more defeats than any other side this calendar year in Ligue 1 (14).
- Two red cards were shown in the league encounters between these clubs last season.
- Nice are the only Ligue 1 side who have yet to score the opening goal away from home this season.
- Only 10% of Nice points have been picked-up on the road, the lowest percentage in Ligue 1 this season.
St Etienne v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last four league encounters against St Etienne, winning two and drawing two, their longest ever unbeaten run against Les Verts.
- Last season's league meetings between these sides both ended as draws.
- St Etienne have scored exactly one goal in each of their last eight home matches in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes have won only two of their last 30 away Ligue 1 matches.
- Valenciennes have lost 78% of their Ligue 1 trips to St Etienne (21 out of 27).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored or assisted five of St Etienne's 10 league goals this season.
- Valenciennes' only two Ligue 1 wins this term have both been by at least three goals (4-0 and 3-0).
Sochaux v Evian TG
- Sochaux have won all of their last four league matches against promoted sides, scoring 11 goals in the process.
- Evian TG have yet to win on the road in Ligue 1 (four draws and one defeat).
- Matches involving Sochaux have seen a league-high 38 goals this season (3.8 on average).
- Sochaux are the first team to concede 22 goals so early into the season since Rennes in 2005/06.
- Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has netted four goals in his last three league appearances.
Lorient v Toulouse
- None of the previous six top-flight meetings between these sides at the Moustoir stadium have seen a team score more than one goal.
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their last four trips to Lorient in Ligue 1, drawing two and losing two.
- Lorient's only first-half goal against Toulouse in Ligue 1 came in November 1998.
- Lorient have lost only one of their last eight Ligue 1 meetings against Toulouse.
- Lorient have lost only one of their last 21 home games in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have now gone 211 minutes without scoring in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Toulouse have kept a league-high five clean sheets this season.
Auxerre v Rennes
- Auxerre have won three of their last four league meetings with Rennes.
- Rennes have lost 17 of their 22 trips to Auxerre in the top flight.
- Rennes are the only side without a draw away from home this season in Ligue 1 (three wins and two defeats).
- Rennes have scored the joint-most goals in the first half of games this season (10).
- There have been eight penalties awarded in the 10 games involving Rennes this season in Ligue 1.
- Rennes' Jires Kembo-Ekoko has scored a goal every 93 minutes on average this term, the best ratio amongst players who have netted more than two goals.
- Auxerre striker Dennis Oliech is enjoying his most prolific Ligue 1 season with five goals scored.
Paris SG v Dijon
- PSG are unbeaten in their last nine league matches, winning seven and drawing two, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Paris SG are on a run of four consecutive Ligue 1 wins, their best form since 2008/09.
- Dijon have conceded 10 goals in their last three away Ligue 1 games.
- PSG are enjoying their second-best start of a Ligue 1 season, after their 26 points at this stage of their title-winning 1985/86 campaign.
- A league-high 73% of Dijon's goals have been scored in the first half of games.
- PSG striker Kevin Gameiro has scored more Ligue 1 goals than any other player in 2011 (22).
- Dijon's Benjamin Corgnet has netted four goals in his last six league appearances.
Lille v Lyon
- Lille have already suffered as many home defeats this season as during the entire 2010/11 campaign in all competitions (two).
- Away from home, Lyon have suffered seven defeats in their last 10 league encounters against Lille.
- Lyon are the only side to have won all of the games in which they have scored first this term in Ligue 1 (five out of five).
- Lille have recouped a league-high 10 points coming back from losing positions this season.
- Between them, Lille and Lyon have kept just two clean sheets this season in Ligue 1 (one each).
- Lyon have failed to score in their last 217 minutes of Ligue 1 action away from home.
- 14 of Lille's 18 Ligue 1 goals this term have come in the second half of games, a higher ratio (78%) than any other team.
- Lyon forward Lisandro (doubtful for this fixture) has scored five goals in just three Ligue 1 appearances against Lille.
- Lille striker Moussa Sow scored in both league meetings between Lille and Lyon last season.
- Lille attacking midfielder Eden Hazard has been involved in more Ligue 1 goals than any other player this season (four goals and five assists).