Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 24th-25th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Facts Ligue 1
Match Day 29
24th-25th March 2012
Ajaccio - Lorient
- Lorient are unbeaten in their two previous trips to Ajaccio in all competitions (one win and a draw).
- Only five goals have been scored in the five previous competitive encounters between Ajaccio and Lorient.
- Ajaccio are unbeaten in their last six home games in Ligue 1, registering four wins and two draws.
- Lorient have not won any of their last 13 away matches in Ligue 1, only Auxerre are currently on a worse run (14).
- Lorient are on a run of 19 consecutive league games without a first-half goal.
- Lorient lost both of their two games away to promoted teams in this season's L1 (ETG and Dijon).
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league matches.
Brest - Nancy
- Nancy have not won any of their last five competitive matches away to Brest registering four defeats and a draw.
- With Nolan Roux, Brest scored over one goal per league game this season, compared to 0.3 without him on the pitch.
- Nancy have only won one of their last 10 trips to Brittany in Ligue 1.
- Brest have only scored four goals in their nine league matches in 2012.
- Brest have scored 65% of their goals in the first half of their matches, a league-high this season.
- Only Brest (23) have scored fewer goals than Nancy (26) in Ligue 1 this season.
- Daniel Niculae has scored Nancy last three goals away from home in Ligue 1.]
Evian - Lille
- The last time a promoted side beat a title holder was back in August 2010 when Caen overcame Marseille 2-1.
- ETG are unbeaten at home against the current top three sides in this season's Ligue 1, drawing 2-2 with PSG and beating Montpellier 4-2.
- Lille's defenders have scored a league-high 13 goals this season.
- ETG are the only team to have yet to score a goal in the last 15 minutes of a home league match this season.
- ETG's Kevin Bérigaud boasts the best minutes-per-goal ratio this season in Ligue 1.
- Eden Hazard is one of only five players to post double figures in both goals and assists this season in the top five European leagues (Adebayor, Messi, Miccoli and Ribéry).
Lyon - Sochaux
- Sochaux have won just once in their last 14 trips away to Lyon in Ligue 1.
- Sochaux top the league since Eric Hély was appointed as manager earlier this month (six points).
- Having won the reverse fixture in November, Sochaux have the opportunity to record their first league double over Lyon since the 1991/92 season.
- Michel Bastos has scored more Ligue 1 goals against Sochaux than vs any other team (five).
- Lyon are the only Ligue 1 team to have scored in every single one of their home league matches this season.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has never scored in 11 previous league appearances against Sochaux.
- Alexandre Lacazette has scored in both of his two appearances against Sochaux in Ligue 1.
- Lisandro has scored in five of his last six league appearances at Lyon's Gerland Stadium.
- Lyon have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven home league games, currently the worst such run in Ligue 1.
- Edouard Butin has scored three goals in only two league games during Eric Hély's reign as Sochaux manager, which is as many as in 22 matches under Mecha Bazdarevic.
Montpellier - St Etienne
- Only Lyon (four) have beaten Montpellier on more occasions than St Etienne (three) since MHSC's return to the top flight.
- Montpellier are enjoying their best ever league campaign at this stage of a Ligue 1 season.
- Montpellier have won their last five home games in Ligue 1 without conceding a single goal, currently the best sequence in the league.
- St Etienne have managed six away wins for the first time since 1999/00
- Olivier Giroud is the first player to attempt over 100 shots in this season's Ligue 1.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 53% of St Etienne's league goals away from home this term.
- Having collected 37 points, Montpellier are the best team at home this season in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier's last four league matches have not witnessed a single first-half goal.
Nice v Marseille
- Having lost all of their last seven competitive matches, Marseille are currently enduring their worst ever run.
- Nice have suffered more Ligue 1 defeats against Marseille than versus any other opponents (47).
- None of the last 14 Ligue 1 encounters between these sides have ended as a draw, with Marseille winning 11 and Nice three.
- If the season had started in 2012, Marseille would be in the relegation zone.
- Five of Marseille's last six league goals against Nice have been scored by the Ayew brothers.
- Said Ennjimi, who will officiate in this encounter, has awarded a league-high eight penalties this season.
- Marseille have failed to score a single goal in their last three away games in Ligue 1.
Valenciennes - Rennes
- Rennes have on average scored only one goal per game when facing Valenciennes in Ligue 1 (43 goals in 43 matches).
- Theses sides face each other at the Hainaut stadium for the second time this week, after Rennes 3-1 win on Wednesday.
- Rennes have only registered two victories in their 21 Ligue 1 trips to Valenciennes
- Rennes are the only team this season in Ligue 1 with victories away from home (seven) than at their own stadium (five).
- 83% of the goals Valenciennes have scored at home this season come in the second half of their matches.
- Valenciennes are on a run of three consecutive defeats in all competitions, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Youssouf Hadji has found the net in both of his last two competitive starts for Rennes.
Dijon - Caen
- Dijon have lost all of their five Sunday fixtures this season in Ligue 1.
- Caen are unbeaten against Dijon in all competitions, registering five wins and two draws.
- Dijon have scored at least one goal in each of their last 11 league matches, currently the longest scoring run in Ligue 1.
- Caen have only won one of their last 10 away matches in L1, their solitary victory coming away to Lyon in February.
- Gael Kakuta's record in front of goal in Ligue 1 is four goals from five shots on target.
- No goalkeeper has saved a shot on target from Thomas Heurtaux in this season's Ligue 1 (four goals).
- Caen have conceded the most goals in the second half injury time this season in Ligue 1 (six).
- Caen are unbeaten in their last six matches against promoted teams in this season's L1 (four wins and two draws) and have scored 16 goals in the process.
Toulouse - Auxerre
- Auxerre won on both of their last two visits to Toulouse's in Ligue 1.
- None of the last 20 Ligue 1 encounters between TFC and AJA have ended as goalless draws.
- Auxerre have not won any of their last 11 Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest run in the league.
- Jean-Guy Wallemme has managed to win just four of his 34 previous away games as a Ligue 1 manager.
- Toulouse have only conceded three goals in their last eleven home league games.
- Auxerre have registered the fewest wins in this season's Ligue 1 (four).
- Auxerre are winless in their last 14 away league matches, currently the longest run.
- Toulouse's last two goals in Ligue 1 have both been scored by opposition players (own goals by Mareque and Danze).
PSG - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have won five of their last seven encounters with PSG (all competitions).
- Bordeaux have scored at least one goal in each of their last seven competitive encounters with PSG.
- PSG are unbeaten in their last 13 Ligue 1 matches (eight wins and five draws) currently the best sequence in the top flight.
- Paris SG have conceded nine goals by opposition defenders this season, a divisional high.
- PSG have not kept a single clean sheet in their last five Ligue 1 matches.
- Jérémy Menez has scored four goals against Bordeaux in L1, more than against any other team.
- Kevin Gameiro has netted six goals against Bordeaux in Ligue 1, more than against any other side.