Opta Facts - Benfica v Tottenham
Benfica v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have won nine of their 11 Europa League games (inc. qualifiers) this season, with their only defeats coming against Dnipro in the first leg of their last 32 tie (0-1) and in the first leg of this tie (1-3).
- Benfica have won their last five games in European competition, including victories in both legs of their last 32 tie against PAOK Salonika and in the first leg of this tie.
- This will be only the fourth competitive meeting between Spurs and Benfica, with the side playing at home winning two of the three encounters.
- Spurs have failed to score in just one of their last 18 games in the Europa League (inc. qualifiers).
- Benfica have won nine and drawn one of their last 10 games at home in Europe (excl. qualifiers).
- The Eagles have conceded only six goals in these aforementioned 10 home games.
- Benfica are currently on a 10 game winning streak in all competitions and their record in their last 25 games is W23 D2 L0.
- The last team to stop Benfica from scoring in a competitive fixture was Olympiakos on November 5th 2013. They have scored in each of their last 25 matches in all competitions.
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost three successive matches in all competitions. They haven't lost four in a row since April 2004.