Premier League Opta Fact: 21-22 March
In conjunction with Opta Sportsdata, Europe's largest sports information providers, we bring you Opta Facts on this weekend's Premier League.
The vital information you need to read to make a sound judgement in your football betting.
We highlight the key historical stats and facts for each of the Premier League matches.
Blackburn Rovers v West Ham United
- West Ham have won the last five league meetings in a row with Blackburn.
- Rovers have only lost three of 12 league games since Sam Allardyce took charge.
- Since Sam Allardyce’s arrival, visitors to Ewood Park in the league have either scored twice or failed to find the net.
- West Ham have only lost one of their last nine Premier League away matches.
- The Hammers have kept five clean sheets in their last seven league games and in the last three games in a row.
- Gianfranco Zola’s side have only scored three goals in their last six Premier League matches.
Fulham v Manchester United
- Fulham have lost the last four meetings with United in all competitions without scoring, conceding an average of three per game.
- The Red Devils have won the last nine games in a row against Fulham in all competitions.
- United have won the last five away games in the Premier League and the last time they dropped points was in a 0-0 draw in London at Spurs.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League starts against Fulham.
- After keeping 14 clean sheets in a row, United have failed to shut out the opposition in each of their last three league games.
- Only four teams (the top four) have earned more points on home soil than the 27 garnered by Fulham this season.
Manchester City v Sunderland
- City have won eight of the nine Premier League meetings with Sunderland and the last seven in a row.
- Only Man Utd (31) have scored more goals at home than City (30) this season.
- City have won only one of their last five league matches, but they have won five in a row at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- Steed Malbranque has scored five goals against Man City in the Premier League – more than against any other opponent.
- Sunderland have lost 20 points from winning positions this season – more than any other side.
- Mark Hughes has a 100% record against Sunderland as a manager with five wins.
Newcastle United v Arsenal
- Arsenal have won only one and lost only one of the last seven visits to St James Park in all competitions.
- They have also only won one of their last seven trips to the north east in the Premier League including draws at Sunderland and Middlesbrough already this season.
- Newcastle have failed to score against Arsenal in five of their last six meetings with the Gunners in all competitions.
- Michael Owen has scored six goals in nine league appearances at St James Park this season.
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League matches, whereas Newcastle have only won one of their last 11 Premier League outings.
- The Magpies have only failed to score in one of their 14 Premier League matches on home soil this season.
Portsmouth v Everton
- Everton have only scored four goals in their last eight Premier League away games (three by Tim Cahill and one own goal) and have not found the net in the last three.
- There have been just seven goals scored in the Toffees’ last eight Premier League away games.
- Pompey have lost five and won just one of their last six Premier League games at Fratton Park.
- Everton have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League matches.
- Pompey have won only one and lost three of their five home games against the Toffees in the Premier League.
- There have only been seven goals scored in the five Premier League meetings on the south coast and last season’s match finished 0-0
Stoke City v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have won just one out of eight games against teams currently in the bottom six of the table – that was against Stoke City.
- No team has been on the wrong end of more goals from James Beattie than Boro (7) in the Premier League.
- James Beattie has scored five goals in his last seven Premier League outings.
- Stoke have lost only one of their last 11 league games at the Britannia stadium and that was to Man Utd
- Boro have lost their last seven Premier League away matches in a row.
- It is nine hours and 11 minutes since Boro last scored an away goal in the Premier League – against Hull back at the start of December.
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
- Spurs have only lost one of their seven games against the top five teams in the Premier League this season.
- Chelsea are the only London side not to have managed a win in a Premier League London derby this season.
- Spurs have won just one of their 33 Premier League meetings with Chelsea.
- The Blues have conceded just one goal in their last five league matches.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last five Premier League matches.
- Tottenham have only conceded four goals in 10 Premier League games at White Hart Lane since Harry Redknapp’s arrival.
West Bromwich v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have picked up just one point from the last 18 available away from home.
- West Brom have not scored in their last three Premier League meetings with Bolton.
- The Trotters have failed to score in four of their last five away matches.
- The Baggies have only scored one goal in their last four Premier League matches.
- Kevin Davies has scored five goals in his last seven Premier League matches.
- Bolton have only drawn three league games this season – fewer than any other team.
Liverpool v Aston Villa
- The Reds are unbeaten in six games against the other teams in the top five this season having won four of those matches.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their six matches against the big four.
- Martin O’Neill’s side have won none of the last seven matches in all competitions.
- Villa have won none of the last 14 Premier League meetings with Liverpool.
- No side has been on the wrong end of Steven Gerrard goals in the Premier League more often than Villa (six).
- Martin O’Neill has not won any of his eight Premier League matches as Villa boss in March.
Wigan Athletic v Hull City
- Wigan have only lost one game to a team outside the top 10 this season.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four league games at the JJB Stadium.
- Steve Bruce’s side have only scored in three of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Hull’s games are also lacking goals as the Tigers have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League away games and have kept clean sheets in the last two.
- Hull have scored one goal in each of their last four Premier League matches.
- Hull have lost none of the 11 Premier League games where they have scored the first goal.